Who you want to see as the final boss in MK11?

If it's a tournament as hinted, it will probably be one (or two) of Kotal Kahn, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi or Raiden.
Perhaps the sub-boss(es) will be new one(s). Won't be Motaro (for shame) as he's dead and can't be played with in the 3D games.

If it's a tournament as hinted, it will probably be one (or two) of Kotal Kahn, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi or Raiden.
Perhaps the sub-boss(es) will be new one(s). Won't be Motaro (for shame) as he's dead and can't be played with in the 3D games.

None of those sound particularly interesting as final bosses - perhaps an overpowered Dark Raiden could do but the rest are just regular playable characters that we had for final bosses in MK4 and MKDA and it was not very memorable or challenging. I would honestly prefer the return of the Dragon King or a new powerful boss.

I dunno.
If Shang Tsung returns for MK11 he could be a pretty good boss fight, especially if the variation system stays and the AI version of him can morph into a random character / variation (randomly pre-loaded for the match) at any time during the match.
I found Shang Tsung to be much more of a challenge in MK9 than Goro / Kintaro and Shao Kahn ever were in MK9.

None of those sound particularly interesting as final bosses - perhaps an overpowered Dark Raiden could do but the rest are just regular playable characters that we had for final bosses in MK4 and MKDA and it was not very memorable or challenging. I would honestly prefer the return of the Dragon King or a new powerful boss.
Onaga was the only boss who was of any sort of real challenge and even then, very beatable with all the characters. The DA was easy because Shang Tsung and Quan Chi were singular bosses, not duos. Noob-Smoke as sub-bosses in Deception were difficult. Then again, the sub-bosses have always been more difficult than the final ones in my experience.

I dunno.
If Shang Tsung returns for MK11 he could be a pretty good boss fight, especially if the variation system stays and the AI version of him can morph into a random character / variation (randomly pre-loaded for the match) at any time during the match.
I found Shang Tsung to be much more of a challenge in MK9 than Goro / Kintaro and Shao Kahn ever were in MK9.

That is definitely true, actually any opponent on the expert ladder was more difficult than Goro/Kintaro and Shao Kahn but that's because of their crappy AI which should have been patched - you could literally just jump over Shao Kahn as he wakes up and uppercut him ad nauseam to win. Having said that, they had the potential to be very challenging had there not been these failures in the configuration of their AI, whereas Shang or Quan will always be limited to the potential of a regular character on the maximum difficulty. The point I am trying to make is that in order to have a more interesting and more difficult final boss, it needs to play uniquely and have good AI.

Onaga was the only boss who was of any sort of real challenge and even then, very beatable with all the characters. The DA was easy because Shang Tsung and Quan Chi were singular bosses, not duos. Noob-Smoke as sub-bosses in Deception were difficult. Then again, the sub-bosses have always been more difficult than the final ones in my experience.

I liked Onaga precisely because he plays differently from regular characters. Actually, I don't always manage to beat him on the highest difficulty - I like that they really make every single kamidogu count plus there is the element of fear of falling into the deathtrap.

That is definitely true, actually any opponent on the expert ladder was more difficult than Goro/Kintaro and Shao Kahn but that's because of their crappy AI which should have been patched - you could literally just jump over Shao Kahn as he wakes up and uppercut him ad nauseam to win. Having said that, they had the potential to be very challenging had there not been these failures in the configuration of their AI, whereas Shang or Quan will always be limited to the potential of a regular character on the maximum difficulty. The point I am trying to make is that in order to have a more interesting and more difficult final boss, it needs to play uniquely and have good AI.

I get what you mean, but the point that I was making was that with the variation system in MKX, having an AI Shang Tsung with various random character / variation morph abilities could prove to be a good unique challenge in MK11.

I'll use MKX variations as an example of what I mean for MK11.

For the purpose of this example, let's say that in 1 match vs AI Boss Shang Tsung, the system randomly pre-loads Piercing Mileena, Broodmother D'Vorah and Master of Souls Ermac, in another time that you fight AI Boss Shang Tsung the system could pre-load 3 different variations and characters, so that when he morphs you're constantly fighting against a different variation of the characters from the game, never knowing which variation is going to show up.

I'd like to see MK do a take on the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse like X-Men Apocalypse.

Last edited:
I'd like to see MK do a take on the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse like X-Men Apocalypse.

That's be AWESOME!

Main Boss: : Onaga

4 Horsemen:
1. Dark Emperor Liu Kang
2. Dark Empress Kitana
3. Tanya
4. Noob Saibot (Or Noob fused with another character again.)

Or any of these other characters can be the "4 horsemen"...
* Dark Raiden (I didn't put him there as a first choice because of his intention to keep Earthrealm protected.)
* Jade (Possessed by the mysterious woman if the woman is evil and willing to serve the main boss. Otherwise, this type of character or at least Jade should be playable in the next game.)
* Revenant Sindel
* Revenant Kung Lao

how about 4 elements of apocalypse? after they're defeated they melt into chrome, the final final final boss who pulls the strings...

how about 4 elements of apocalypse? after they're defeated they melt into chrome, the final final final boss who pulls the strings...

I'd rather see the T-1000 as a guest character for an MK game than that horrible toy factory accident, and this coming from someone who dislikes guests in MK games.

"Khrome" is worse than Kobra, Mokap, Hsu Hao, Meat, Dan Hibiki, Lucky Chloe, and Jar Jar Binks combined.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I'd rather see the T-1000 as a guest character for an MK game than that horrible toy factory accident, and this coming from someone who dislikes guests in MK games.

another reason why chrome just works is once again to promote guest characters. like you've typed t-1000 is chrome so they can put in t-800 arnold as dlc. brilliant. get wb on the line.

938b0a6bde811bd405e9c74b0fa0424b.jpg

Here, a photo of Mileena and Padme cosplayers just to get rid of that offending GIF that's still on the Tapatalk preview!

99.9% of fans supercede NRS. Khrome will be responsible for mass boycotts.

NRS will make the game they want at the end of the day. That's why they put in 4 guests in MKX without thinking about MK purists. The only time they want fans opinions is when Ed Boon does a poll. That's when you have your say.

Last edited: