Cassie's X-Ray

It doesn't end the same though. One punch to the dick, then she pistol whips them and shoots them in the eyes.
Doesn't sound like a Cage copy cat to me.

The animation looks REALLY off though. Like REALLY off.

Now I'm sure they'll have that fixed.

cassie is jc and sonya's daughter, of course she'll have their moves. it's like you get mad cuz akuma has srk.
I'm not mad, just disappointed, and it's not the same situation though. Ryu and Ken are both 80's characters; Akuma, Sakura and Sean are all from the 90's. They all share similar moves mainly because at the time - the same way it happened to Mortal Kombat - it was very common to make replicas of popular characters. Then, as of late, Street Fighter even added Gouken, Evil Ryu and Oni, I mean, c'mon... People - fans of now-established franchises - want fresh blood. That was the whole point of MK9: giving every character their own moves and style. Even though it's true Cassie still holds some personality in her, I am disappointed SOME of her moves are just taken from Sonya and Johnny. This is obviously ME and MY opinion, it won't ruin my experience of X for sure ;)

I'm not mad, just disappointed, and it's not the same situation though. Ryu and Ken are both 80's characters; Akuma, Sakura and Sean are all from the 90's. They all share similar moves mainly because at the time - the same way it happened to Mortal Kombat - it was very common to make replicas of popular characters. Then, as of late, Street Fighter even added Gouken, Evil Ryu and Oni, I mean, c'mon... People - fans of now-established franchises - want fresh blood. That was the whole point of MK9: giving every character their own moves and style. Even though it's true Cassie still holds some personality in her, I am disappointed SOME of her moves are just taken from Sonya and Johnny. This is obviously ME and MY opinion, it won't ruin my experience of X for sure ;)

I understand your point.I hope they don't take Johnny and Sonya out and just mix them into Cassie..I never ever mastered Sonya's character like i did Johnny.So I don't care to play as as half of my most favorite and best character.

It's not unheard of that children get influence from their parents, in fact it's actually very common. Plus, just assume Sonya and Johnny are not in the game (it's still unconfirmed): would you rather have their iconic moves be in the game or not? Even if Sonya and Johnny were in the game, it's not going to be like Cassie has the exact copy of their moves anyways.

oh i understand your point now, but imo cassie's moves look different than cage's and sonya's. sure there're something similar, but nrs did it because cassie is their daughter. cmon man, imo cassie is awesome, 1 of my 2 favorite new characters.

cassie's moves look different than cage's and sonya's.

I love the way that Cassie plays in MK X, that being said that Kiss move looks EXACTLY like Sonya's MK9 Kiss move, and her nut punch looks way too similar to Cage's non-X-Ray nut punch.

I love the way that Cassie plays in MK X, that being said that Kiss move looks EXACTLY like Sonya's MK9 Kiss move, and her nut punch looks way too similar to Cage's non-X-Ray nut punch.
Well apprentices, and children, tend to learn from their mentors/parents (same fighting styles, way of life, you know). So it isn't unheard of apprentices have the same moves as their mentors. Especially if the bond is parent and offspring.

Well apprentices, and children, tend to learn from their mentors/parents (same fighting styles, way of life, you know). So it isn't unheard of apprentices have the same moves as their mentors. Especially if the bond is parent and offspring.

Yeah, but then it greatly limits the chances of Johnny or Sonya being in MK X, which is a bit of a let-down if that's the case, since they were the surviving heroes of MK9, along with Raiden.

Yeah, but then it greatly limits the chances of Johnny or Sonya being in MK X, which is a bit of a let-down if that's the case, since they were the surviving heroes of MK9, along with Raiden.

I agree it's a huge let down..Johnny cage survived MK9 to not even be playable in MKX??thats very ridiculous to me.He had that cool ending...and for what??

9yvu9ybu.jpg

Who said he wont be in MKX?
Boon already talked about relatives killing eachother.

I imagine that Johnny will make it into MKX, maybe not Sonya since she's such a bland character. Storywise and gameplay wise.

I imagine that Johnny will make it into MKX, maybe not Sonya since she's such a bland character. Storywise and gameplay wise.

That's my point, though.
It feels like one of them won't make it on the roster, due to Cassie being in.

Good. I don't think all 3 of them should make it. Only Cassie and Johnny should be playable imo. It opens up a roster slot for a character that we didn't see in the last game.

The only character that belonged in the last game, that didn't make the main roster that comprised of UMK3 characters was Rain.
You can thank CSZ, Quan Chi and Kratos for that.
Instead, he's relegated to DLC. :rolleyes:

I'd be fine if one of Cassie's parents returned in MKX, but if we're going to have a character with half of their moveset in already, I personally wouldn't put either in. Let's not have a half-done fighter, just sayin'.

Rain had no place in the MK1-3 timeline. Whereas Quan Chi and Cyber Zero did.
Kratos was an extra character and didn't take up anybody's place on the roster. If Kratos was never in MK, it wouldn't have upped Rain's odds of making it.