Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I need to fix a few things on this one but so far, that's when the hand goes in to his chest.

HeartRipImpact_01_zpsba1a8b90.gif

Even though you said it needs to be fixed I love how it looks, I can see the weight on his arms, you are an inspiration bleed, liu kang is 90% rigged, his body is fully rigged but I haven't do anything on his face, sorry for the delay but being a father takes more time than I thought, I waking up at 6 in the morning to work one hour daily on this project, I hope I can post an update early next week

I need to fix a few things on this one but so far, that's when the hand goes in to his chest.

HeartRipImpact_01_zpsba1a8b90.gif

Somehow you've mastered the art of making your animation look like MoCAP. There is something wrong with this world that you aren't employed and paid handsomely for your skills Bleed.

Yes, it is trully awesome...! :)

As for the comments of Tom, I wont waste the time or use the space of this project to reply. I just said something that is true, period.

Hello people i just wanted to say that your project looks super awesome!!!! the characters and stages are so beautiful , it looks
perfect :D, i would love to help but i know almost nothing about mugen so i will just cheer you up!!
GO MK HD Team!!! :p

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-rainbow-dash-wins-fatality.gif

Last edited:
That kind of thinking is just lazy
I think, I can say few words in interloko's defence.
1) You still don't have any completed character. More convenient to program, when graphic finished;
2) He work in MUGEN long time. Anyone losing his motivation after few years.

Bleed, excellent animations, also you making best models.
Other just don't look close in various details.

I think there is nothing to say, if I like him or not, if you're his "friend" or not... it doesn't matter. He will not finish this project, as he have proven that already. Working alone or in teams, he haven't finish a single engine in his life and this is not about MKP, friendship or Carz, this is about an awesome project that doesn't deserve to die.

Le@n: Can you give Calactyte the number of projects Interloko have left unfinished? I don't know if I'm missing something... MKP (nearly killed with a team of several people), MK1 (it was supposed to be a perfect engine, some progress during months I think, then dumped), MK2 (same story), UMK3 (with valious help from people like Shock and the biggest MK hardcore community, frozen), MKR (my project, didn't even started) and MK1HD (the story is right here and I didn't had anything to do with his behavior on this project).

Let's say Interloko enrages against me and says "of course I'll finish, here is something I did last night, I'm in" just because he wants to be part of this project for whatever reason... not to be a dick, but I think he will freeze the project sooner than later eitherway. I am not saying this because of anything personal, I am giving my opinion on something I think it's important: If he trully wants to help, the best he could do for this project is being available to solve doubts regarding programming. That way nobody will lose the spirit because of no progress in the engine.

And this is the last thing I am going to say about it to avoid mugen people storm-attacking me on this topic, let me remind you this is not the place.

Last edited:
I won't say much more on this topic either. Personally he has been a nice guy to me so I have nothing against him. Just wish he understood that people were counting on him. I hope he comes back, but if not then I am prepared to move on without him.

I won't say much more on this topic either. Personally he has been a nice guy to me so I have nothing against him. Just wish he understood that people were counting on him. I hope he comes back, but if not then I am prepared to move on without him.

This sounds pretty reasonable, whereas, from what I can tell, Interloko's behavior is a bit unreasonable. For one, it's really not that hard to program with the old assets then just swap out when new stuff is ready. Second, either do it or don't. If ya don't really care to do something, then don't do it. People are kinda on the hook here, depending on him entirely since he is the sole programmer.

I don't have anything against the guy other than lack of involvement in this project while maintaining that he's in. Honestly, I could have put an engine together in the time this thread has been around. Not that it would be very good, but it would be playable. I really don't care about whatever magic beans he may or may not have, but I do care about involvement and "tangibility."

That little glitch on the feet is bugging me, but I'm having a hard time fixing it. It's on two separate Max files, so it's not like I can just blend one to the next. Even setting the x,y,z coordinates to the same value, for some reason I still see a snap, not sure what I'm missing.

HeartRipImpact_02_zpse8d97e8c.gif

I see glitches like that get ignored in major titles all the time, why are you so focused on fixing it? It's a small detail in my opinion.

And as always,

Great Job!

I see glitches like that get ignored in major titles all the time, why are you so focused on fixing it? It's a small detail in my opinion.

And as always,

Great Job!

Thats true, your subzero looks perfect Bleed ,the detail and animations are outstanding :)

It doesn't have to be a glitch, just follow the animation with the feet in that position, remember the ninja have to fall dead.

If you didn't point it out I honestly would never have even noticed. Hey Bleed I sent you a PM about a few more poses I need when you get a chance. I'm not bugging you about it since I know you are busy here, but I just wanted to make sure that you saw it.

That little glitch on the feet is bugging me, but I'm having a hard time fixing it. It's on two separate Max files, so it's not like I can just blend one to the next. Even setting the x,y,z coordinates to the same value, for some reason I still see a snap, not sure what I'm missing.

HeartRipImpact_02_zpse8d97e8c.gif

I've used 3ds Max for quite some time now. (however, I don't know the proper terms to explain some things)
If the feet are only influenced by a Skin Modifier you can use the "Skin Pose" option.
Open your first max file, go to the last frame, select the bones which influence the feet
(or the ones you want to "blend"/"sync" properly) go to Animation-Set as Skin Pose, open the second max file (don't use another instance, use the same window), go to the first frame and select exactly the same bones, go to Animation-Assume Skin Pose, the bones should be in the same position now.

Also, I noticed a slight change in lighting on the shin-pads(?) which accentuate the snap even more,
It might be the pose itself so i'm not sure.

You may already now this, I hope you're able to fix it :)
Thank you so much for your hard work, Bleed

Last edited:
Thanks I'll try that method

The other way is to bring the .bip file in to the Scene with the Dizzy animation. Then I have to re-animate the cloth, because those are not part of the biped skeleton, and won't transfer.

You'd think they would, but they don't..., maybe I'm making a mistake somewhere, but I can't see it. The extra bones transfer, but the animation doesn't.

You are all right about Interloko being MIA on this project. I haven't seen any updates from him since I don't know when.
Maybe this is a good opportunity to try a different engine. I don't fully know what the capabilities are, but I've been experimenting with GameMaker as of late. I would imagine it wouldn't have the limitations that MUGEN does. But obviously there are much much better engines out there. If there is anyone you know who can use a different engine or that has enough programming experience to learn a new engine, it might be best to move in that direction.

Unity would be cool, but I really think we should stick with a 2D engine like XNA or Torque. GameMaker also exports to several platforms, not consoles tho. If we used a completely 3D engine, models wouldn't look as good because they would have to be rendered in real time.

A great example of this is the Resident Evil Remake. The environments look amazing because they were pre-rendered. I honestly think NRS is totally missing the boat by not doing that with modern MKs.

Resident-Evil-Remake-Mansion-Hallway.jpg