How to Deal with Rude, Immature Players

Nice post a good read... but I when I get hate mail I just send back a " U MAD!?!" lol courtesy of RockHardMilkGun and leave it at that

You know what, i change my stance on this, i support a Bill that makes it Legal for any one who gets rudely treated, to ***** slap the ruderer into submission.

2012 Vote for me and i will make this into law ;)

I know TL stands for too long, I don't know what DL stands for. It'll come to me. But If I made it sound like I was complaining, I'm not. I've been laughing all day at a lot of raging people. I'm just here to post threads to try and help players deal with this stuff, since a lot of people like to complain, but never offer any real advice, which confuses me. Well, they do offer 'advice' in the form of 'click ignore' or so on which I think I covered in the thread as well, but I guess it was too long for people to read. ^ _ ^

But if it's too long for you, don't read it. Or don't post a comment saying that it's too long...if you think it's too long, don't read it. And so the unending cycle continues. XD Unless someone on this site dislikes my threads or messages me personally saying "Dude we are tired of seeing your name connected to threads, please stop." I'll keep going. :D

I see the players online as a sign of the decline of American society. It's a bit sad to think that many people out there have it in them to behave in such a way, and is a good reason to remain a misanthrope, in my opinion.

Great read mann. It's a shame all a few people can seem to do is post "tl;dr".. Seriously? Why bother saying shit if you're not going to contribute? Lol.

i wonder how many of these rude, inconsiderate players would react in person? or would they take their losses and go home with their tail between their legs?

1: Nerd Rage. There's no better way to describe it. For those of you who don't know, Nerd Rage in the gaming community essentially means someone who rages over video games, period. Whether the spirit of competition either consumes or crushes them, or they are under the illusion that they have somehow been cheated out of victory, these people will pretty much fly off the handle and will most likely say mean, hurtful things during or after a match to vent out their anger in anyway possible. These are the people who can get down-right scary sometimes, because depending on their day, their match history, etc, their anger can fly off the handle and your message box will just explode.

Nerd_Rage!.png

Well, I sometimes get angry when people Exploit stuff to win.

For example, Knifers in MW2 made me very, very angry. I still play it sometimes, but I generally hunt those exploiters.

Or the ones who exploit the other glitches. Those guys DO cheat you out of victory.

Some just play good. I won't say anything against them.

Great read mann. It's a shame all a few people can seem to do is post "tl;dr".. Seriously? Why bother saying shit if you're not going to contribute? Lol.

Because there is nothing to contribute. Get a rude player? Mute him, block him and move on. There is nothing more to discuss

I wonder if there is a limit to the block feature on PSN and Xbox Live? It would be interesting to see how fast you can hit the cap there given the number of twits online.

I really enjoy the online banter between people, shame no one on PSN ever uses voice chat on KOTH here in the UK. I love the anger some people get or have and find it to be one of the great joys of online gaming. Its very funny and hillarious. Theres some funny videos online allready of rage quitters and invincible gods of mortal kombat letting out death screams once they loose, been one victory away from there 10 win KOTH trophy. I can see why people get annoyed by it, but just go with it, give it back as good as you get and learn to see the funny side of it.

Nerd rage from FO? Never used that perk.
Oh yea PSN has this really handy feature called the block list, I'm not sure if it works in game but you wont be hearing from anyone who happens to be in it. I have a good collection myself, I'm hopping to collect every idiot on PSN so I don't have to deal with them anymore

One of my favorite things to do is to talk a lot of smack (nothing vulger) just enough to get inside the other guys head and watch him slowly slip up and make small mistakes that I capitalize on!

Well, I sometimes get angry when people Exploit stuff to win.

For example, Knifers in MW2 made me very, very angry. I still play it sometimes, but I generally hunt those exploiters.

Or the ones who exploit the other glitches. Those guys DO cheat you out of victory.

Exploiting is for a completely different topic. Spammers are annoying, yes, but they aren't exploiting anything...exploiting to me is finding a glitch in the game that has yet to be patched/fixed, and they use this cheap hat trick to totally dominate you. That's one thing...someone trash talking and spamming to high heaven is another. I don't get mad at these people, I laugh. :D

You know what would be cool, is they hide something in one of the dlc that when you rage quit 10 times, it automatically puts RAGE QUITTER right next to your nick name for like a week lol, that would be cool and it would expose these idiots for what they are haha :D