The importance of getting the game right away

Grafx

EDIT: Sorry about topic, meant IMPORTANCE not important

I've always played PS3 and 360 at friends house. And the main fighting game we would play would be SSF4. I recently bought a PS3 and picked up SSF4. I was horrible the first few days, but now im decent... at getting moves to work. I'm terrible at combos and juggling.

The problem with picking up SSF4 this late, is that it's really not a newb friendly game this late into the life cycle of the game. Match making online is terrible, so facing anyone better than a C class, i'm left in the dust. They pull of 5-10 hit combos and i can barely break 3 hits. They pull off everything easy and im just demolished alot of the time.

It's rather discouraging to play since it requires alot of skill and timing + learning how to chain and link stuff. I know MK is more based around tap moves, rather than half circle punch type stuff. I'm sure i'd be a ton better if i got SSF4 the day it came out and i'd be a top A class player to by now.

So i feel like the only way to enjoy these fighting games, and most likely will include MK9 is to get the game on day 1, and play alot. This way you're not behind the learning curve of everyone else, matches are always even at the start, and it's OK to suck, cause you're opponents are also learning. I think that's what im looking forward to most. just being on par with everyone and having the chance to learn without getting beat down by ridiculous combos the second i buy the game. Ya, you may get some people first day that just got what it takes to be insane, but you're going to land newbs as newby as you on day 1. And im excited for that, just to be on a level playing field and not say "well im prolly gonna lose again"

I've been playing sf4 since day 1, and ssf4 since day 1, and I still suck...doesnt matter if i've had it since day 1 or not :p that game is just way too hard to get good at unless you quit your job and play 24/7. I like how with mk games its actually humanly possible to get really good, makes it more appealing

I've been playing sf4 since day 1, and ssf4 since day 1, and I still suck...doesnt matter if i've had it since day 1 or not :p that game is just way too hard to get good at unless you quit your job and play 24/7. I like how with mk games its actually humanly possible to get really good, makes it more appealing

I think that he meant that he should have played alot more Street Fighter II in his younger days so he would be better on SSFIV now. or maybe you just mean being early on the online part?

To OP:

I'm sure that getting it on the first day will help, but I don't see it as a make or break for a person as a "GOOD" player.
You could always get pretty decent at MK by setting the difficulty at maximum, and start practicing that way.

The only way to get GOOD against people though, is by getting your ass kicked online and learning tips and tricks from them.

There's always a learning curve, but a lot of people will chill out and help you if you stop and ask. The practice mode on SFTIV/SSFIV is really nice, and the new MK's training mode looks promising, but that will only get you so far.

Which sparks an idea: online training mode so people can help you with the combos.

Which sparks an idea: online training mode so people can help you with the combos.

This could be interesting - I've heard of games that feature an online "mentor" mode where another player can help you play the game or something to that degree, although admittedly I've never played any game that had that, just heard about it.

This could be interesting - I've heard of games that feature an online "mentor" mode where another player can help you play the game or something to that degree, although admittedly I've never played any game that had that, just heard about it.

It would be cool to have a 2-player-ish mode where there was no time limit and your health would regenerate, just like in training mode, only there wouldn't be a dummy character. This way one person could practice the moves and the other could demonstrate them.

Having a training mode where somebody could watch and help you get the timing right would work also be nice. I'd like having a mode where you could watch people play through arcade/story mode, too.

fyi SF4/SSF4/SSF4AE are about the most dumbed down fighters you'll ever play.

and stop with the "MK9 > SF4" bullshit. Until MK9 drops, and ever makes a scene like SF4, i'd shut up about it.

ps- i hate the SF4 series.

I've made a 'MK'ers Most Wanted Final Wishlist' and There wouldn't be a need for a mentor type mode for online @Eks. A Theater Mode would let players record, edit, and upload in-game video clips to your profile's fileshare and even to your Youtube account. Clips should be tagged so you could search for a vid for anything in particular.

I've made a 'MK'ers Most Wanted Final Wishlist' and There wouldn't be a need for a mentor type mode for online @Eks. A Theater Mode would let players record, edit, and upload in-game video clips to your profile's fileshare and even to your Youtube account. Clips should be tagged so you could search for a vid for anything in particular.

Real-time help would be more fun and less work for NRS. They wouldn't need to create all of the recording BS since; they could just adjust the timer and health stuff to work as 2-player training mode.

Real-time help would be more fun and less work for NRS. They wouldn't need to create all of the recording BS since; they could just adjust the timer and health stuff to work as 2-player training mode.

I understand what your saying and real-time help would be better seeing as it's a fighting game.

the importace of getting this game on the 1st day is simply b/c the game will be ****ing awesome

noone will ever have to buy another game again

video game companies are going to go bankrupt once this game comes out