Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

The thing I don't like about Reptile is that he is just a character that for the most part feels like he has to be subjugated to one person/master similar to how a baby cannot function without his/her parents. He has been following orders since the beginning of the franchise from his higher ups only to get crapped on in the end. He barely even knew who Nitara was and yet he was already following orders from her shortly after Khan's supposed death. At least Baraka is the leader of his won clan and form what I have seen in MK11, he seems like someone who can stand on his own. Stand up for yourself Reptile and stop getting bullied.

Gameplay wise, he is still a cool character.

He is the last of his kind. They are basically selling him as the "careful survivor" type. If he works under someone, he doesn't stand out. If he started his own shit, target falls on him. And in MKX comics, it was shown, that he is actually being realistic. He knows his current limits. Though it seems he is willing to risk himself for those he deems worthy, so he is definitelu not a coward. Just a guy that calculates if it is worth it or not. At least in real life, people like that tend to live the longest. Aren't afraid of a fight, but they also won't jump blindly into a fight, just to prove they are no chicken.

Not to mention it was stated multiple times. He is still looking for a way to get his people back. No one else cares about them, except him. So if he dies, any hope of his race coming back, dies with him.

Last edited:
He is the last of his kind. They are basically selling him as the "careful survivor" type. If he works under someone, he doesn't stand out. If he started his own shit, target falls on him. And in MKX comics, it was shown, that he is actually being realistic. He knows his current limits. Though it seems he is willing to risk himself for those he deems worthy, so he is definitelu not a coward. Just a guy that calculates if it is worth it or not. At least in real life, people like that tend to live the longest. Aren't afraid of a fight, but they won't also blindly jump to fight, just to prove he ain't a chicken.

Not to mention it was stated multiple times. He is still looking for a way to get his people back. No one else cares about them, except him. So if he dies, any hope of his race coming back, dies with him.

I get where you are coming from in terms how he needs to do whatever it takes to survive and see the revival of his race and all but it further shows the character as being someone who would be loyal to anyone as long as he's able to survive long enough to be able to survive where as Baraka on the other hand stood against Kotal Khan due to his loyalty to Shao Khan and Mileena and was killed for that by D'Vorah. That I respect and gave a bit of personality to him but when you constantly jump from one master to another, it becomes really monotonous and makes him a one-dimensional character which I will want them to change. At least Kotal sees him as a friend so that might lead to something assuming he is in the game.

I get where you are coming from in terms how he needs to do whatever it takes to survive and see the revival of his race and all but it further shows the character as being someone who would be loyal to anyone as long as he's able to survive long enough to be able to survive where as Baraka on the other hand stood against Kotal Khan due to his loyalty to Shao Khan and Mileena and was killed for that by D'Vorah. That I respect and gave a bit of personality to him but when you constantly jump from one master to another, it becomes really monotonous and makes him a one-dimensional character which I will want them to change. At least Kotal sees him as a friend so that might lead to something assuming he is in the game.

That's precisely the thing. Kotal Kahn is the first master, for whom Reptile actually risked his life. Others saw him as expendable, and in return he did the same.

As for Tarkatans, they live in combat. Shao Kahn proved his worth, by beating them to submission. They worship strength. While Kotal Kahn is all diplomacy and shit. Why would they want to follow him?

You know what? I think you should have your moment. Maybe moving on from MK, at the least for a while, might give you closure, bring you new air to breathe. I don't know if there are similar popular saying outside Brazil like this, but we usually say "if advices were good, they wouldn't be given, but sold".

So here goes my advice: move on a little, take your time. But here and then, check it out. When the game is released, see what goes on PC, watch the story if you must. Maybe not on release, but some day. The game is made for people like us, despite different opinions, we who join forums to discuss, see lore different ways, talk about art choices, etc. The old timeline is gone, but MK lives on. One day we were at MK vs DC, it wasn't good for me at all, but one day we were at the edge of extinction. Maybe MK11 gets a better taste then, or maybe MK12 could be your game.

Just wish you well, cool your head, we all got attatched to MK in a way, I'm sure you will find your direction. And as BBBLP said, you are passionate (a LOT) about some things - like Frost- your voice is important. I know it won't change WB's mind (who knows), but hey, we are discussing and all.

Think about this too. But if it got heavy and only causes you to boil, take the necessary time. MK by MK, we will always be here like lovecraftian creatures resurfacing from the deep to discuss from time to time!

Too late. One of my friends, decided to "lift my spirits" and gifted me MK11 PREMIUM EDITION. It seems Gaming Gods want to see me suffer even more.

Reptile is fine being DLC because he is a cool character but it isn’t a problem for him being not involved in story mode. He isn’t more than a henchman. Fujin on the other side I‘d like to see being on the main roster because of his potential storywise. But I‘d take him DLC rather than not having him at all.

I can understand being put off by the lack of PC port support. But what is it about the gameplay that is so off-putting to you? Or did you lose your passion for MK the second they went 3D (MK4 and afterwards)? Y'know, straight 2D fan and all?

That's an excellent question.

1. Gameplay feels like Injustice 2. No progress forward. It literally feels like Injustice with Gore.
2. MK4 was actually my first MK I played on my PC. MK2 was the first MK I saw though, as my cousins had it at their place. I actually consider 3D era superior to 2D. After all a lot of people consider MK Deception as the best MK of all time. Even with MK9 and MKX out.

Hell I loved Deception to no end, yet I only got to play small portions of it during my childhood, as I didn't have consoles back then. So I would play Deception at my friend's place.

2.5 Fighting is what doesn't have future in my eyes. It was fun with Street Fighter 4-5 and MK9-X, but MKX was the last game, that showed the limit in 2D fighting games. You have this amazing background in high detail, but it is nothing, but a picture. No matter how many 3D models you will put in there, it is still the same as just looking at 2D picture.

And training mode in MKX, was like showing a stage without any bling bling. Entire stage is down to just 3-4 interactables. Where is the atmopshere, man?

Hence why Dead or Alive 6 stages look better than MK11. Yeah, MK11 stage visuals destroy DOA6, but DOA6 stages FEEL ALIVE. You're smashing through city streets, you smash your opponent through walls, boxes, stands, tables, etc. You actually feel like you're fighting SOMEWHERE. Not same shit, but different background.

Yeah sure, 3D fighting sucked back then. But we didn't have the tech for that. It felt slow and clunky. But again. So did 2D fighting, back in the day. And now look at games like Tekken 7 & DOA6. You have the precision, you have the speed. Refine combat a bit more, for MK style, add MK11 quality stages, make something happen in the background and you get one badass game.

Instead. 2.5 again. Same shit, different color.

But again. Now that I got MK11 shoved down my throat, I will try it. Don't really have an excuse now. 17 hours ago, I had a decent excuse of not spending my money on something that I don't like. But now I got it, so gonna boot it up, and see what's up. Though I pretty much know what to expect.

I always felt like Reptile should have become a good guy. Before MKX came out, I was hoping that Reptile find out that Shao Khan killed his race from Raiden and decides to work with the Forces of Light to stop Shinnok.

That's an excellent question.

1. Gameplay feels like Injustice 2. No progress forward. It literally feels like Injustice with Gore.

While I respect your opinion on the game, this is the one point that I feel like I have to contest, gameplay wise this game is very different from Injustice 2, with a stronger emphasis on footsies, execution heavy flawless blocks, Tekken 7 like fatal blows, crushing blows for smaller combo extension and variety of other features like the meter system make the game super different from IJ2. Though I can't say your alone in that belief since people love to spout "This is injustice 3" nowadays, which comes down to people complaining that there will be too much zoning again.

Even though there are multiple tools to get past zoning, stages are smaller and the camera is more zoomed in to avoid extremely tedious corner chases. This game is honestly closer to MK2/9 than injustice in my opinion.

[MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION]

You could have rejected the Steam gift.

I know right? You see he normally gets keys for small arcade games, we tend to play with a crew of friends. So we just take the key/gift and play. So it became like a habit. All of the keys he would get would be like 5-15$ games too. Unusual for anything bigger. Friend said "here is something that you gonna like". I am like alright.

I see notification, I open the window, and before I even check the name properly, I press Accept. And then realization comes knocking. Oh ffs. I actually tried to abort it. But was too late. Eh. Whatever. I got it, I got it. At least nobody will tell me "well, you didn't try it."

While I respect your opinion on the game, this is the one point that I feel like I have to contest, gameplay wise this game is very different from Injustice 2, with a stronger emphasis on footsies, execution heavy flawless blocks, Tekken 7 like fatal blows, crushing blows for smaller combo extension and variety of other features like the meter system make the game super different from IJ2. Though I can't say your alone in that belief since people love to spout "This is injustice 3" nowadays, which comes down to people complaining that there will be too much zoning again.

Even though there are multiple tools to get past zoning, stages are smaller and the camera is more zoomed in to avoid extremely tedious corner chases. This game is honestly closer to MK2/9 than injustice in my opinion.

I have no issue with zoning. If anything I like more tactical gameplay. Rush down gameplay of MKX does get boring, as it turns into, who will get stuck in the corner simulator. But I am mostly talking Injutsice 2 flow of combat. Pretty difficult to explain. It's like characters are static. Hard to move. MK9 didn't have feeling. It was heavy zoning game (Kitana players, I am looking at you) but movement didn't feel so... clunky/static. In Injustice 2 fighters feel like they are stuck in one position and takes effort to move back and forth.

I am getting the same feeling with MK11. I feel lack of motion. It just puts me off. And many of my friends too. I mean we still think. "Eh maybe, cause it is gameplay video." But even if we watch youtubers play, or kombat kasts. It just feels... off.

I have no issue with zoning. If anything I like more tactical gameplay. Rush down gameplay of MKX does get boring, as it turns into, who will get stuck in the corner simulator. But I am mostly talking Injutsice 2 flow of combat. Pretty difficult to explain. It's like characters are static. Hard to move. MK9 didn't have feeling. It was heavy zoning game (Kitana players, I am looking at you) but movement didn't feel so... clunky/static. In Injustice 2 fighters feel like they are stuck in one position and takes effort to move back and forth.

I am getting the same feeling with MK11. I feel lack of motion. It just puts me off. And many of my friends too. I mean we still think. "Eh maybe, cause it is gameplay video." But even if we watch youtubers play, or kombat kasts. It just feels... off.

Idk, I don't really see what you mean. I guess it's just a matter of perspective but aside from the added hit sparks the motion of the game feels about the same as it's always been. Guess we'll just have to wait till we get our hands on the game to pass final judgement on that point. I just felt like the comment that there was no progress from IJ2 gameplay wise felt bit inaccurate, especially with all the changes implemented from the things people complained about in X (heavy 50/50s, mindless rushdown, etc.).

I'm trying not to speculate on the story or anything like that. But I did notice this while watching HBTW's Kano gameplay. (Top left corner)

Screenshot_20190309-123615.jpg

Looks pretty familiar. Sorry if this has already been pointed out.

Screenshot_20190309-124015.jpg

If I understood correctly, Misucra wants more interaction with the environment, both in terms of picking up items and the battleground being affected by the battle of the characters. Also, he may be bothered by what many people complain about MK - this lack of fluid animation that other fighters like SF and Tekken are all about.

The fact that combos can be inputted a lot faster than they are performed also adds to this 'sluggishness'. Doesn't really bother *me*, but it bothers a lot of other people. Truth is that MK/Injustice has its own particular feel, and many other gamers do not like it.

My personal problem with MK (heck, my ONLY problem with MK), is the fact that the animation doesn't stop for a split of a second when a hit is registered and it gives me the impression the characters flail angrily in the air. In 2.5D fighting games like FighterZ, Killer Instinct (especially there) and Street Fighter, once a character successfully hits the opponent, both freeze for a split of a second, giving you the impression that two objects collided (the fist with the face, for example). MK doesn't have that. Instead, it resembles the animations in 3D fighters like Tekken and SoulCalibur where the animation doesn't stop in successful hits.

I really hope the person who is stealing souls there isn't Kollector, it would feel kinda lame for him to be another soul stealing character.

I really hope the person who is stealing souls there isn't Kollector, it would feel kinda lame for him to be another soul stealing character.

According to the leaks, he's called Kollector because he steals organs and weapons. No mention of souls from him yet

I'm at work so I can't link it, but during the tour of NRS that happened last week, they were showing off the Motion Capture room. At one point one of the NRS guys pulled out a pair of Sais and started showing them off to everyone.

It could be a leftover prop from MKX or Inustice 2, so keep that on mind.

This will be an unpopular opinion but i really wish Mileena is not in the game. She had her shine and she would be a waste of a secret character