Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I hope Liu and Kitana default costume is their human form. It bothers me that all the cool costumes have revenant gray skin which i am not a fan of. I mean you can still be evil and have your normal skin

Even if they are evil and revenant, I hope they now have an evil personality and motives. I hate villains that are plain evil for no reason, just for the sake of being evil. That’s what most of the revenants are. Liu and Kitana need to be evil by their own will since Quan Chi is gone.

It wouldn't make any sense for it to be, though - all the other returning revenant characters seem to have that as their default form (i.e. Jade, Kabal)

Clearly they will both have human skins, but it'd be very inconsistent if they were their defaults... particularly as they're presumably Emperor & Empress of Outworld for most/all of story mode.

I get that but i find the costumes of revenants more awesome than the human costumes. Like jade armor will be more awesome if it was with human skin

The reason the Revenants are evil can be attributed to a few things, 1.) Quan chi's revenant process corrupts the soul of the resurrected, warping their morals and perception similar to what happened to Scorpion and Noob, and no killing Quan doesn't undo this as shown in both the old and new timeline. The second reason is well, being stuck in the NR for over 25 years has got to make you bitter and hate the person who is partially responsible for your fate, especially in Liu Kang's case as he lost all faith in Raiden only for the thunder god to accidentally murder him. Like Scorpion before them, what fuils them now is purely hatred, bitter resentment, and revenge.

Why do you think men are not allowed to beat up women in sports? Because their strength alone would negate any skill advantage that a woman could posses. And this is supposed to be a game about "best of best" fighters in a deathmatch, so there is no skill difference. Everyone is a master.

A good example of this would be when that transgender came in to a women wrestling division, and completely wiped the floor with them. It was so bad in fact that now it's banned. Why do you think the reverse doesn't happen? You cannot argue with biology.

Mate. Like I said. If it is boxing, or head on fighting with punches and kicks. Heavier one will win. But if we are talking more traditional martial artists, then strength doesn't play as importan factor, as precision and technique. Hence why martial arts were made for weaker people, so they could compete against power houses.

If both fighters are masters, then it means it will be a question of who will make the first mistake.

Hell take even the guy like Bruce Lee who showed that power isn't anything. 1 inch punch wasn't backed so much by muscle power, than with precision and speed. And did a helluvah more damage, than a punch from a guy who beats you in weight division by two classes. Sure. Boxer will make sure you will be sleeping good for a the night, but 1 inch punch will make sure you won't get up for a week, as your insides will be messed.

Now in Mortal Kombat case, we can't even really talk about martial arts, cause if you pay close attention to animations and moves, you will see that "fighting" in MK is a mockery of martial arts. Hell they still have kicks with no power. Just a small animation of leg going up and down, and they call that a kick.

Street fighter series though make it better. They actually make great animations, showing how character actually puts weight behind punches or kicks. And even females and males use fighting styles, that allows them to negate physical differences. Most male characters use punching attacks and are top heavy, while females like Cammy or Chun Li use legs mixed with flexibility, precision and speed. They feel believable, cause just by looking at Chun Li's legs you already wish not to be on a receiving end, and Cammy's body and speed just screams "Kinetic power".

MK on other hand... not only females look like chopsticks, but aside their special moves, they just go on a full slug fest, versus massive guys like Baraka. So yeah. That's what I am talking about. If females were at least shown to use gravity and speed to their advantage, I would KIIIINDA buy it. But now. Just a victoria secret model that hasn't eaten for a week, fighting guys like Geras head on. Sure.

Let me just emphasize this again, so there is no misunderstanding. A current top female boxer/mma/kickboxer/karate will lose against current male boxer/mma/kickboxer/karate. For reasons you mentioned. Strength, weight difference. Cause those sports concentrate on that.
But a top female Aikido/Judo/Kung Fu fighter vs top male Aikido/Judo/Kung Fu fighter has an equal chance, cause weight doesn't say much in those categories, as it is dominated by skill, speed and precision, not pure power.

I'm not a fan of DOA games, never was. But god damn the "core values" thing and the subsequent roasting, the screwing around with the camera and those chicks with their realistic physics demo...I really want to see more of this stuff. :lol:

52358933_2101366306628197_8470638074307543040_n.jpg

I'm not a fan of DOA games, never was. But god damn the "core values" thing and the subsequent roasting, the screwing around with the camera and those chicks with their realistic physics demo...I really want to see more of this stuff. :lol:

Same. Never had interest in DOA. Though did try the free version of DOA5, just to see how good is their 3D gameplay (as some of my friends praised it to no end. "Better than TEKKEN 7!")

But after seeing this. Hell. 60 bucks doesn't even look so much, if you can actually have fun. Though I still hate those girly moans they make with every hit.

Even so DOA made me wish MK tried 3D fighting again. It feels way better now.

XDDDDDD

I am crying. Oh Japanese.. please never change and keep ignoring SJW. I think I will buy DOA6 just to support these guys.
Wow that is great news! I thought they gave in and actually removed the jiggling boobs options. Seems like they are giving the finger to all crying snowflakes. I will have to support this game!

Same. Never had interest in DOA. Though did try the free version of DOA5, just to see how good is their 3D gameplay (as some of my friends praised it to no end. "Better than TEKKEN 7!")

But after seeing this. Hell. 60 bucks doesn't even look so much, if you can actually have fun. Though I still hate those girly moans they make with every hit.

Even so DOA made me wish MK tried 3D fighting again. It feels way better now.

I don't see them ever going back to 3d for MK again. People praised MK9 so much for them going back to 2d.
I do think though that if they ever do that horror icon fighting game people talk about, they'll do 3d. Just so they can differentiate it from MK and Injustice.

Wow that is great news! I thought they gave in and actually removed the jiggling boobs options. Seems like they are giving the finger to all crying snowflakes. I will have to support this game!

They just did a sensible thing. Gave OPTIONS for gamers. You like sexy outfits and bouncing. Here you go. You don't like bouncing and sexy outfits, then here you go. An option to turn it off and conservative outfits.

Perfect.

I’m wondering if the some of the stages are going to have stage Fatalities this time around.
It felt strange that the MK9 BellTower didn’t have one and that there weren’t any in MKX until XL patched 3 of them in.

Not just in MK. The Sjw and Pc and these snowflakes are ruining every single thing in this country

Asshats are also trying to get into EU. I already get SJW's from US trying to tell me shit, just for drawing whatever I want. Though I don't think EU or even JP is gonna follow the lead of those lunatics. Shame that MK had to be influenced by them.

Not just in MK. The Sjw and Pc and these snowflakes are ruining every single thing in this country

In most countries I think mate.

And I agree that the stages look good so far, and I like the variety. I just hope we're actually getting 21 stages, and not just different variants like in MKX (though admittedly those used the same buttons).

It'd be a shame to have a load more stages than in MKX but only one extra character. I really hope they're going to throw us a curve ball in a few weeks... we need more variety on the roster =/