Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

As long as they balance the variations properly. In MKX it wasn't a rock-paper-scissors game, more like rock >>>>>>>>>>> all.

The "custom variations" also has my attention piqued.
I wonder if it's an Injustice 2 type of AI loadout setting, where you can change the amount of points allotted to the combo, counters, etc, etc, etc.. but on your non AI character to make them more of a zoner or otherwise?

Weapons look like they are back. Raiden used one pretty much throughout the trailer. Anyways I'm pumped especially with Shao Kahn being PO bonus.

Speaking of weapons, Scorpion has his 2 swords and kunai but Raiden picks up a weapon.
Perhaps a nod to MK4's ability for either character to use environmental weapons that are on the ground and throw them at the opponent?
Am I reaching too much with that assumption?

For me that weapon looks like a raiden weapon and just for the sake of the trailer it was sitting in the background.

I could be wrong, but I'm not reading the two scorpions as some sort of time travel element. To me it is just implying the custom variation aspect. The first scorpion you fight and the next scorpion you fight will likely be different (online).

Maybe I just don't want it to be because I'm not a fan of time travel stories for the most part.

After all, it is the WB, and the WB seems to be on a huge time travel kick with their CW shows (The Flash, etc.)

I believe that Mortal11Kombat in its storyline/canon/lore is a 2 timelines (old timeline/new timeline) situation.

The Shao Kahn you see is the Shao Kahn from the old timeline along with the UMK3 Scorpion from that announcement trailer.

Would also be interesting to see the old timeline Shao Kahn interact with the new timeline Kitana, Raiden, Liu Kang, and so forth.

This probably also means that Onaga is definitely in the Mortal11Kombat storymode/storyline.

Would be interesting to see if the old timeline Onaga resurrects the new timeline Shinnok...

At first I was a little concerned that the story might feel like a retread with the return of the whole time travel angle, but from the few snippets of info we got describing it as "time-bending" plus some trailer speculation definitely point to having both timelines interacting rather than pure travel, though I wonder to what degree? Though at the same time I hope it doesn't undermine the other plots that were setup in X.

Weapons look like they are back. Raiden used one pretty much throughout the trailer. Anyways I'm pumped especially with Shao Kahn being PO bonus.

I don't know where this keeps coming from, he picked up a spear from the arena and dropped it right after using it which means it's a stage interaction and then had a staff pop up for one move, the rest of the time he was punching and kicking. Scorpion had a weapon based fighting style in MKX so that coming back for him is a given. I don't think weapons are back the way people are saying, I just think some characters are getting new moves and sometimes that will include a weapon.

Edit: Ok looks like you changed your opinion on that in a later post, yeah you are right in that second post it was just an environmental weapon move.

Thought of something while working out here...

In the trailer we see Raiden getting repeatedly stabbed, including his brain. Same for Scorpion where he got stabbed by a spear 1/3 his chest.

Question. Why didn't Scorpion continue to fight when his head blew up? Seeing as they're immortals...

As far as Shao Kahn goes, he could also just be a reimagining of the MK9 version or old timeline version, since he’s just a dead bonus character.
I doubt that he’s involved in any way in the story mode.
If he was on the main roster the I’d agree that maybe he’s from another timeline.
So far, Goro and Darkseid have been non-canon, bonus extras, so I don’t see why it would be any different with Shao Kahn.

Thought of something while working out here...

In the trailer we see Raiden getting repeatedly stabbed, including his brain. Same for Scorpion where he got stabbed by a spear 1/3 his chest.

Question. Why didn't Scorpion continue to fight when his head blew up? Seeing as they're immortals...

Well aside, the lazy explanation "It's a game, dude" I have a small theory.

In Mortal Kombat universe, a duel between two fighters is always considered something special. After all entire game is about that. Duels can be used to settle the score, prove the point and even decide the fate of the world. These fights are observed by the Elder Gods, who enforce the rules of Mortal Kombat. Judging by the end of MK9, Elder Gods can influence the fight as well. Like how they healed Raiden instantly from his injuries.

So what I am thinking, is that once two great fighters (and I emphasize "GREAT" fighters, not some street thugs) enter the duel, Elder Gods enhance the fighters, giving them higher durability and fast healing. Even so it is in limited amount, so once the fighter sustains enough damage, and his enhancement runs out, he is a fair game for killing.

Also if the damage is too great (head gets destroyed, arms ripped off, etc) then it is instant fatality. I think it only covers for broken bones and stab wounds.

Even so, outside the duel, fighters are as mortal as anyone else. Hence why Kung Lao died instantly, when Shao Kahn broke his neck. They weren't in the duel, so Kung Lao didn't have the protection.

Yea, I've seen some speculation that the two timelines interacting means that we are going to have to see Blaze Powered Shao Kahn again, I don't neccesarily believe that as if they are planning to include any other timelines versions of the MK cast, it would have to be a time before that occurs since by Armageddon the entire cast was dead besides Shao, Shinnok, and maybe Taven and Kitana. It's also possible we will see the timeline that played out in Kitana's MKX ending where she revolted against Kahn and ruled Edenia (since that also seemed to be a hint ending).

Well aside, the lazy explanation "It's a game, dude" I have a small theory.

In Mortal Kombat universe, a duel between two fighters is always considered something special. After all entire game is about that. Duels can be used to settle the score, prove the point and even decide the fate of the world. These fights are observed by the Elder Gods, who enforce the rules of Mortal Kombat. Judging by the end of MK9, Elder Gods can influence the fight as well. Like how they healed Raiden instantly from his injuries.

So what I am thinking, is that once two great fighters (and I emphasize "GREAT" fighters, not some street thugs) enter the duel, Elder Gods enhance the fighters, giving them higher durability and fast healing. Even so it is in limited amount, so once the fighter sustains enough damage, and his enhancement runs out, he is a fair game for killing.

Also if the damage is too great (head gets destroyed, arms ripped off, etc) then it is instant fatality. I think it only covers for broken bones and stab wounds.

Even so, outside the duel, fighters are as mortal as anyone else. Hence why Kung Lao died instantly, when Shao Kahn broke his neck. They weren't in the duel, so Kung Lao didn't have the protection.

That's deep, man. I just wanted to see some Headless Kombat. Or maybe a new variation "Headless".

When it comes to weapon use, I'm taking as a grain of salt right now, because MKX's trailer had use of weapons and the game was basically suceeding MK4, and we got no weapons.

Of course this trailer was more adamant about weapons, and I do believe they might use them though.

Funny: there was no xray mention this time, even though broken bones and obvious special moves.

As far as Shao Kahn goes, he could also just be a reimagining of the MK9 version or old timeline version, since he’s just a dead bonus character.
I doubt that he’s involved in any way in the story mode.
If he was on the main roster the I’d agree that maybe he’s from another timeline.
So far, Goro and Darkseid have been non-canon, bonus extras, so I don’t see why it would be any different with Shao Kahn.

I agree. Unless he's gonna be part of the story like Baraka or Sindel, but we have all means to believe, regarding the last DLCs,he might not be part of anything.

Still, his outfit really resembles his alternate from Deception-Armageddon.

Shao Kahn won't be in the story - unless it's just another mention that he's dead, like in MKX.

Remember he's pre-order DLC, so think Goro and Darkseid.

Hopefully the new engine will bring animation improvements.

Like how did they f Uck that one so bad? :rofl:

4de9f8ba81efa98efa20edbb3258d496.png