Bo Rai Cho KombatKast

Omg! SO THAT MEANS Alien is the last one to be shown off? Ugh.... that sucks! :( Im really just hyped about Alien more then anyone else

That's exactly the reason why Alien is the last: people went crazy over this AVP thing so the last one must be the most anticipated one.

They showed Triborg first for the hardcore fans, then went with Leatherface, knowing that he's the most controversal. So if they can convince some doubters, it's good, if not, the most hated DLC will be long forgotten by the time XL is out (and as you could guess, a lot of people run their mouth first and became hyped afterwards as usual). Tyler said last week that it was a 50-50 guess who's next but it really wasn't. I knew then and there that they will show Bo first because he has less fans than an iconic movie moster, especially when Prometheus sequel was only recently re-planned as an Alien prequel instead.

I won't be able to watch it live but I will watch it on youtube later on today. I am really excited to see what they do for Bo this time.

I disagree.
I think Alien is last because people like guest characters.
Plain and simple.
The 1 character that was most requested out of those 4 was Tri-Borg, though.
Not Tri-Borg himself, but either Cyrax, Sektor, or Smoke.
People were pissed that those 3 never made the original cut for MKX, and now they're getting the 3 cyborgs again, via Tri-Borg.
The order for KP2 Kombat Kasts has nothing to do with which character people want more, as all 4 characters will be released on the same day, March 1st.
Had they released the characters in the order that they're doing the Kombat Kast, then I could see the point, but that's not the case here.
My guess is also 50-50 between the people that want the cyborgs back (Tri-Borg) and Alien, followed by Bo Rai Cho and lastly Leatherface.

KP2 will be available earlier on the 28th as a nice little pre-order bonus. Leaving ps4 on over night for that automatic download. Pumped as heck for every character.

But I'll be at work for this stream so I'll have to catch it later.

Last edited:
The order for KP2 Kombat Kasts has nothing to do with which character people want more, as all 4 characters will be released on the same day, March 1st.

That's true. But imagine that: MKXL releases within a week. The last Kombat Kast is the one where NRS has to make an impression. The kombatant they show off last will be the one who's on every gaming site the next day. Which will gain more attention?

- Alien crawls out of the shadow to join Mortal Kombat X kast
- or Bo Rai Cho burps and farts his way back to the Mortal Kombat series

Most of the casual fans would ask Bo Rai Who? whereas most of the hardcore fans will instantly recognize Alien and half of them welcome it. So DLC will be all out at the same time but if they want to advertise the game with these kharacters (and I'm sure that's why they are doing these Kasts) then Alien can gain much more attention for them than Bo Rai Cho who was listed as third even on your anticipation list. So, yeah, Alien is a guest character but Leatherface is a guest too but popularity does have an influence here as well. So if we talk about Bo and Alien, it's the Xenomorph who'll make more headlines.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you on them wanting to make an impression with the last character.
I agree with you 100%.
I'm just saying that if we're going by fan reaction and what people want to see the most, my guess is still 50-50 between Alien and Triborg (Cyrax, Sektor & Smoke).
That's why I said before:
My guess is also 50-50 between the people that want the cyborgs back (Tri-Borg) and Alien, followed by Bo Rai Cho and lastly Leatherface.

If the Kombat Kasts were done saving the best for last or according to which people want the most (according to the fans), then it probably would have been: 1) Leatherface 2)Bo Rai Cho and then the last character shown being either Tri-Borg or Alien.
That's my point,

AvP is huge and they'll likely end the Kombat Kasts like that on a big bang with Alien vs Predator matches, but I disagree with the order of the Kombat Kast being the least to most wanted characters, in that order.
I have a hard time believing that that many people want Leatherface or Bo Rai Cho over Cyrax, Sektor and Smoke.

I'd rather have Johnny Cage fart. ;)

giphy.gif

If the Kombat Kasts were done saving the best for last or according to which people want the most (according to the fans), then it probably would have been: 1) Leatherface 2)Bo Rai Cho and then the last character shown being either Tri-Borg or Alien.
That's my point,

Oh, I see.

My guess is that they wanted to be back with a bang after a long hiatus, and ESL was an FGC event for the pros and hardcore MK heads. Since Alien and Triborg were the most anticipated kombatants, they had to choose between them. And Ketchup and Mustard happened to be there was too good to miss out on so they went with it. I think it was a good decision, it was fun to see two character enthusiasts fight it out live on Stream.

From then on, I think the order is understandable. As you said, they are going from the least to the most wanted. Because of the hiatus, they started with a bang and most likely they will end it with a bang. Obviously they can't please everyone, Leatherface has his fans and in this very thread we can see that Bo has his fanbase too. But if we look at the big picture, I can see why NRS took this route.

I may actually have enough time to watch it live after all. I just threw away some of my plans that i was going to do. I am ready for some BO Rai Cho guys.

I like his fatality and both of his brutality displayed in his fights. I missed the Dragon Breath variation, and also I kinda called it that was one of his variations was Drunken Master and the other one was his weapon, even though I got the name all wrong.

I tried to give him a 2nd chance, hoping for at least 1 variation without the fart & vomit toilet humor.
I also think him having an unblockable X-Ray was cool, but otherwise (IMO) "meh."
Still don't care for Bo Rai Cho.
I'm happy for those who are psyched for him, though.

You have to be lying to yourself to say you're not impressed with BRC's gameplay. Holy sh** he's beautiful. I can't wait for this character to release. I'm so happy.

The Drunken Master variation is very creative. It's incredibly true to the character and seems really fun to play.

I'm also glad about how much personality the character exhibits.

Good s**t, NRS.

NRS should feel embarrassed after that stream.

Tolerable Bo' Rai Cho from Story Mode is gone. NRS just couldn't control themselves.