"The Stars Align For Victory" - Living Tanya Guide (Kombos, Variations, et al)

Re: "The Stars Align For Victory" - Living Tanya Guide (Kombos, Variations, et al)

Shes out on xbox!!! Installing now.

Edit. Installed but cant play yet. Can only use the skins.

Re: "The Stars Align For Victory" - Living Tanya Guide (Kombos, Variations, et al)

What the funk?! Can some one check on PSN?!!

im doing it now, cant find her

man she is FAST!!! WOW
she has teleport cancels with her strings

Last edited:

"Dragon Caller", "Ambassador", "Wanted For Treason", "Dark Worship", "Lurking Evil" I love the kombo names in this game referencing old MK storylines.

man she is FAST!!! WOW
she has teleport cancels with her strings

I didn't watch the stream, but can she control where she lands after the teleport?

i believe all teleports leave her airborne/ she can teleport off the ground and air, forward ,backwards,diagonal up/back from ground and 2x with ex(MB) ? not sure someone can verify

i believe all teleports leave her airborne/ she can teleport off the ground and air, forward ,backwards,diagonal up/back from ground and 2x with ex(MB) ? not sure

I'm on my iPhone, could you link me to the stream as well, thanks for the info too.

Man, this shit is bugging me because I need some Tanya in my life right now.

Has anyone on Xbone found any combos that do decent damage yet? I haven't seen shit on Youtube.

She looks broken as fuah. Batgirl N2

She looks broken as fuah. Batgirl N2

From just watching, I think Dragon Naginata is going to be her strongest variation because of the movement and staff mix ups. I can't wait to play around with that variation. You seen that B2?! The longest normal in the game, but I think her low/overhead specials are bullshit. I'm glad that only one of those EX'd lead into a combo, but at the same time that's how most of the 50/50s in this game should be because in Naginata both low/high options lead into a hard knockdown.

From just watching, I think Dragon Naginata is going to be her strongest variation because of the movement and staff mix ups. I can't wait to play around with that variation. You seen that B2?! The longest normal in the game, but I think her low/overhead specials are bullshit. I'm glad that only one of those EX'd lead into a combo, but at the same time that's how most of the 50/50s in this game should be because in Naginata both low/high options lead into a hard knockdown.

I'm gonna feel bad playing her... Sonic Fox really wasn't lying when he said she's his type of character

I'll update with more as I discover.

Universal
112, EXdf3, d1, 34~db4 (32%)
jip 112, EXdf3, d1, 34

Kobu Jutsu
112~df2, df1, EXdf2, njp, 34~db4 (34%)
b1 2+4~EXdf1, 34~db4 (30%)

Pyromancer
112~EXdf3, 3, df1 (30% w/shroud active)
112~EXdf3, d1, 24~df1 (34% w/shroud active)
112~EXdf3, d1, b312 (34% w/shroud active)

Last edited:

I am all about Kobu Jutsu -- my bread-and-butter right now is B1, 2+4 ~ DF2, DF1, EXDF2 ~ B1, 2+4, 1+3

I won't get a chance to play much again until this weekend, but I had a lot of fun today. I'm so thrilled with her gameplay.

Dragon Naginata is my favorite so far, but damn is this variation execution heavy. She has teleport links and staff cancels n such. It's hard, but I'm having fun though.