Reptile got the shaft, again.

MK ninjas are not you average stealthy, hide in the trees and wear all black/dark blue type of ninjas. That's for sure. They're more like "LOOK AT US! WE'RE FRIGGIN BUFFFF!!!! You wanna come get me? Come at me, I'm not hidin'. I'm wearing f*ing yellow! Doesn't matter if you can see me. I'll teleport/burn/freeze/lightning your ass!"

Yeah, I know. He just never really looks agile. But here we are. He backflips and teleports and is really fast despite his size.

Well, to be fair he's a wraith, it's not like he is a normal human.

It's like vampires, they look human but they are fast like sound and strong like a rhino.

What I mean is that when you talk about supernatural beings, human logic is not applied to their abilities.

scorpions shoulders are way too big and are like perfect round circles :/ the proportions and size of his arms compared to the rest of him are very odd and unnatural looking

Scorpion-MKX-Character-Select.jpg

that bit about him really bugs me but apart from that its still a great design

[MENTION=4978]rocky[/MENTION]

It's because people think that size = power. They give the steroid treatment to characters often. What they don't realize, is that being a martial artist and a bodybuilder are two completely separate things. A person like Scorpion would not train for size. It would only slow him down. There are also guys that look huge but aren't that strong.

[MENTION=4978]rocky[/MENTION]

It's because people think that size = power. They give the steroid treatment to characters often. What they don't realize, is that being a martial artist and a bodybuilder are two completely separate things. A person like Scorpion would not train for size. It would only slow him down. There are also guys that look huge but aren't that strong.

It's a lot harder to make a non-buff guy seem imposing in a computer game. That type of character lives and dies by his animations, which have to make up for all the lost (implied) bad-assery in his appearance. I'm not saying we're not there yet with MKX's next-gen tech... but it takes effort. It's a lot easier to just make people bulky as shit and get the idea that they're bad-asses across that way.

man somebody really needs to bring back sprite technology and update it with todays current tech.

MKX looks good but the characters still look like dolls to me. the characters looked way better in MK 1+2+3 everything since then has been like watching puppets fight

Is Scorpion an Asian man or a White man?

I hope he is a white man...

Never understood what Scorpion and Sub-Zero were as everybody tells me something different...

I'm not saying we're not there yet with MKX's next-gen tech... but it takes effort. It's a lot easier to just make people bulky as shit and get the idea that they're bad-asses across that way.

Kotal Kahn doesn't look nearly that ridiculous, and neither does MKX Quan Chi, Kano or Raiden.

Is Scorpion an Asian man or a White man?

I hope he is a white man...

Never understood what Scorpion and Sub-Zero were as everybody tells me something different...

Scorpion is japanese and he has an asian look because of that (you can see it in the shape of his eyes).

Sub-Zero is chinese, however his mother is american and his father is a cryomancer so he looks like a caucasian person.

And Scorpion could have been so hot... Too bad.

For me he will be like in the Comic however, not like Liu, Kung and all those others at all.

however his mother is american and his father is a cryomancer so he looks like a caucasian person.

That was retconned in the new timeline. You can see in his vignette that both his parents are Asian.
Scorpion's in game face is modeled after Anthony Dale, the Asian man who played him in Legacy. He isn't white.
[MENTION=18752]Sonya Bland[/MENTION] do you have something against Asians?

That was retconned in the new timeline. You can see in his vignette that both his parents are Asian.
Scorpion's in game face is modeled after Anthony Dale, the Asian man who played him in Legacy. He isn't white.

[MENTION=18752]Sonya Bland[/MENTION] do you have something against Asians?

No, I love Kung Lao.

I just don't find them HOT, can't help it.

Still don't see anything THAT Japanese in Scorpion in X... His eye are sort of better this time around but really... nobody in their right mind would look at Scorpion and say: "he's Japanese". He looks like your typical bulky European-American guy. I actually know some very tall Japanese men (not very common) and Scorpion doesn't have the body type of a Japanese male, who tends to be very slim by nature.

Yeah, it is better this time around, but MK still feels like a very Hollywoodesque interpretation of Eastern-Asian cultures... which, I guess, it's one of its charms...

I found Scorpion and Sub-Zero very hot because of Mortal Kombat Conquest, they were both very handsome actors, nothing Asian at all in there.

It's a lot harder to make a non-buff guy seem imposing in a computer game. That type of character lives and dies by his animations, which have to make up for all the lost (implied) bad-assery in his appearance. I'm not saying we're not there yet with MKX's next-gen tech... but it takes effort. It's a lot easier to just make people bulky as shit and get the idea that they're bad-asses across that way.

i quickly pasted a regular athletic body onto scorpion to see the difference.
in my opinion he still looks just as imposing but appears like he would be faster and more agile. which to me is more threatening than a slow looking muscle man.
i also think the natural pose of the arms hanging down look better in the athletic version because when a guys arms are so big that they naturally hang outwards it looks unnatural and toy like
1 scorp athletic.jpg

Last edited: