Wu Lae having a chance with new Timeline?

The Tengu idea is solid for plot development.

And lets face it, a lot of the "could come back" characters that need to be revamped, a lot of people didnt like, i hope in an alternate reality, different heros take the stand, and we dont get a lot of the crappy ones we had previously. Not saying i hated all the Deadly Alliance-Armageddon characters, but they could been more well made. Nitara was a lame ass bad chick lol

The Tengu idea is solid for plot development.

And lets face it, a lot of the "could come back" characters that need to be revamped, a lot of people didnt like, i hope in an alternate reality, different heros take the stand, and we dont get a lot of the crappy ones we had previously. Not saying i hated all the Deadly Alliance-Armageddon characters, but they could been more well made. Nitara was a lame ass bad chick lol

Yeah, not all of them had potential. For example Kobra, Kira, Dairou, Darrious, Kai, Jarek, Sareena, and a few more have no potential IMO.

Yeah, not all of them had potential. For example Kobra, Kira, Dairou, Darrious, Kai, Jarek, Sareena, and a few more have no potential IMO.

And a lot of the community thinks the same way. A lot of fans hated post UMK3 characters, however now with the new timeline we can have new cool characters.
Im not saying add 100 ninjas either, however plot wise, the Tengu ninja sounds good with all the Lin-Kuei currently in the game.

Nice sig update fox :p i see Wu Lae made it to the lineup

Much as you are free to believe that they have no potential, I think the likes of them can become solid characters if looked at through the right angle.

This however is neither the time nor the place to discuss such a matter.

I do feel that Wu Lae can become a solid addition to the cast, again if he is done by the right means. Those means I suggested earlier in that he should be looked at as the "weapon ninja." With the other masked individuals having their own unique spin, I feel Wu Lae being the guy with the scythe may provide the appeal necessary for people to look beyond him being another ninja.

I do feel that Wu Lae can become a solid addition to the cast, again if he is done by the right means. Those means I suggested earlier in that he should be looked at as the "weapon ninja." With the other masked individuals having their own unique spin, I feel Wu Lae being the guy with the scythe may provide the appeal necessary for people to look beyond him being another ninja.

I dont dig the weaponed thing =/

Another manipulator wouldn't hurt anybody.

Noone put words in your mouth.

So if "noone" is a ninja then what's the poblem of Wu Lae being orange? you said he cant be orange because he is a ninja but now you say he is not a ninja...

Mileena is a pink kunoichi (female ninja), IMO there is nothing wrong with that, but if you say orange ninjas are not possible then pink ones either.

I was referring towards you saying he was a ninja.

Honestly, I don't think anyone is a "ninja" in this game, it's just what people refer to them as is stupid IMO.

If you want real ninja in a game, go to DOA.. there's 4 of them there that are perfect examples.

I was referring towards you saying he was a ninja.

Honestly, I don't think anyone is a "ninja" in this game, it's just what people refer to them as is stupid IMO.

If you want real ninja in a game, go to DOA.. there's 4 of them there that are perfect examples.

I prefer the ninjas that throw random shit from their hands :laugh: even if they are not real ninjas.

I dont dig the weaponed thing =/

Another manipulator wouldn't hurt anybody.

Well that is your opinion.

I on the other hand feel that instead of slapping some element or mystical ability onto Wu Lae and calling it a day, it would be better to have him use his scythe as the bases for his move set. Again, I think it makes him unique amongst the ninjas, instead of him being another element/magic user. I mean when you look at the Tengu within Armageddon, they aren't manipulating any element, they are using weapons, such as the grunts using their claws, or in Wu Lae's case his scythe. So the Tengu despite being a clan that has some relation to a mythological creature, could have in their philosophy that they choose to focus on the skill of their use of a weapon instead of mysticism.

Much like how Sektor focused on the want to use cybernetics to enhance the Lin Kuei and eventually become the founder of the Tekunin.

Wu Lae's Scythe could be Enchanted, IMO. That way, he would have powers/control over an element and would still be original. Maybe fusing light and shadow in his attacks with the Scythe, spinning it like a fan to cut the enemy like Stryker's Back Triangle thing and many others. THAT would be cool. Maybe a teleport attack involving him "tearing" the air with the Scythe, ripping the fabric of reality and entering the rift, just to reappear behind the enemy by making another rift.

Anyway, ideas.

Last edited:
Reality tearing scythe=WIN
I love the idea of that move, and could play more into the character itself.

I think the scythe should go, and bring wind powers and moves based in the bird like claws they have in their hands.

Tengu Clan ninja
557px-Tengu.jpg

Tengu clan ninjas concepts
789px-Tengu01.png

789px-Tengu02.png

The Tengu are named after winged, long-nosed mountain spirits found in Japanese mythology they also have a bird in their outfits and in the dropped concepts their masks resambled bird beaks and the outfit had feathers painted, so this could mean that they (or at least their leader Wu Lae) have air/wind powers, that would be pretty cool and matches.

What do you think?

air? definitely! screw fujin there's never enough ninjas!

I think the scythe should go, and bring wind powers and moves based in the bird like claws they have in their hands.
I think the scythe and claws should stay and the wind powers go. We already got Fujin for wind powers. Giving Wu Lae wind powers will only turn him into a generic element manupulating Ninja. The scythe would make him more unique imo.

I'd rather have him than Mokap or Ashrah. If he gets in just be prepared for the 'he has too many slice point fatalities' complaint.

lol when you said Wu Lei I immediately thought of Quan Chi. Yeah but he does look promising as a potential future enemy