Official Kenshi Discussion * All Kenshi Related Topics Go Here

So many of you already know this but...

Kenshi is the ****in shitttttt!

Just a fun refreshing character to play. Still not very good with him but will be spending some time in the lab with that combo video posted on the last page. Cheers!

So since both Kenshi and Skarlet don't have a statue in nekropolis, alternate costume, or viewable ending, it pretty much means that both Rain and ??? will also be treated the same way. At least both Kenshi and Skarlet are still fun to play with though.

Instantly went into the fatality training to see what Kenshi has up his sleeve... Oh my. Brutality isn't even the word to describe Kenshi's fatality! I was astonished, as me and my brother just both looked at each other, with our jaws on the floor. I really need to start playing Mortal Kombat again, and Kenshi is now definitely one of the Kombatants I am going to use a lot. Of course I use Shang Tsung all the time, but I think I have lost my touch with Shang!

Am I the only one having trouble doing his up, down, up, down, r2 fatality? Even in the trainer it is not very responsive and difficult to initiate. PS3 version.

Am I the only one having trouble doing his up, down, up, down, r2 fatality? Even in the trainer it is not very responsive and difficult to initiate. PS3 version.

Try holding the L2 button while you input the move. I do that for every finishing move with an Up movement in the sequence, and it works every time.

I found a very interesting video:

It seems that his reflector move can also reflect x-rays

If anybody could confirm this it would be great. I cannot confirm or deny it myself at the moment.

If it's supposed to happen it's a really great game play element.
If it isn't supposed to happen it will be removed after the next hotfix.

For now let's enjoy this possibility :)

If anybody could confirm this it would be great. I cannot confirm or deny it myself at the moment.

Booting up my game, going to try it, brb.

eDIT: i GOT IT WHERE IT REFLECTS, BUT i WASN'T ABLE TO GET IT TO SMACK kITANA WITH HER OWN x-RAY....

The closed fans looks a little demented on the first hit
and the x-ray zooms out on the second. I really doubt it was supposed to be in the game

The closed fans looks a little demented on the first hit
and the x-ray zooms out on the second. I really doubt it was supposed to be in the game

I also think this is a glitch. Look at Kenshi's sword, which is staying in the air, after he starts executing the X-ray. And also Demetrius could confirm that the defense of an X-ray is possible but not the reflection of it. Nevertheless it's a rather entertaining glitch.

Hehe...My friend always stomps me with Kitanas X-Ray, Now i can stop it.
I think Kenshi is probably the best character so far, He has great O and D for most situations, His long range game is covered with his specials while his short range is covered with his sword.

Hehe...My friend always stomps me with Kitanas X-Ray, Now i can stop it.
I think Kenshi is probably the best character so far, He has great O and D for most situations, His long range game is covered with his specials while his short range is covered with his sword.

I'm really diggin' Kenshi too. I wouldn't call him the best fighter, but I love him as a character and he does seem like a really strong fighter.

Kenshi's klassic look?

I was just wondering if Kenshi would ever get an MK1,2,3 costume, I mean he is a ninja like all the others that have a klassic costume. But at the same time I was saying "what color would his pallete swap ninja costume be?" I was thinking he would be sort of like a blue-green color somewhere in between. I have no idea but I would like to know what y'all think.

Note: I myself and i'm pretty sure most of you know that Kenshi didn't come out in MK1,2,3 but what's the big deal with not giving him a klassic?

Last edited:
Re: Kenshi's klassic look?

Because he's so pro that he can rock the same outfit in every Mortal Kombat they put him in.

The entire point of the Klassic costume is the nostalgic feel that comes with it.

Kenshi in MK1 or 2 ninja attire would look weird as hell, especially considering he isn't a ninja.
He's a swordsman.

Agree with the post above, I think he would look with a MK1 look as well. I hope to see his alt from MKDA as DLC soon.

Firstly, like "Robot Rock" said above, he's not a ninja...and secondly, he wasn't even in any of those early games...hence, there'd be NO reason for some made-up MK1-3 klassic outfit for him, since there'd be nothin previous to go off of...this same reason, goes to all the people wanting some klassic outfit for Cyber Sub-Zero...he wasn't in any of those previous games, so there'd be no reason to create some blue MK3 robot....in sayin that, if they come out with Cyber Smoke...then HE can have a klassic outfit at some point.

Last edited: