Help me pick a character?

Demetrius

So I am in the same rut I am in every fighting game; I can't pick my character I want to main. I was wondering if you guys would like to help me out with choosing.

In other games I enjoyed:

Brad Wong/Kasumi (DoA Series)
Yoshimitsu/Mitsirugi (Soul Caliber)

But with those games, I was never as competative as I am in MK 2011. This is what I am looking for in my character:

Excellent Mix-up gameplay.
Isn't the most played character in the game.
"Cool" specials.
Good at Rush Down. Doesn't have to be the main purpose of the character, but it would be nice.
Not the same combo over and over.

I don't care if it's a guy, girl, robot, or Sheeva, I just don't know who to play as, and it's kinda killing the game for me. Any help here?

Edit: thanks in advance!

Nightwolf

XD

I'll test him out, thanks.

Can't; I forgot to add that I don't want to play as someone my friends/family play as, which includes Subby, Jade, and Jax.
Reptile applies very good to what you want.

But I dont know why this affect you so much:

I'll test out Reptile, too.

And it affects me so much because I don't want to play as someone who they have huge amounts of practice fighting.

Baraka... Maybe, he kinda suites your needs in someway/shape/form, although it's a hunch, rather than a fact. :x

i was going to say this. fits everything youre lookin for. and a well played nightwolf is insanely hard to beat

A well-played Nightwolf is a pain in the ass ....

A very good Nightwolf player defeated me 4 in a row yesterday, and in the last match, gave me a Babality ..... he stopped anything I was trying against him with Scorpion and Johnny Cage.

Baraka... Maybe, he kinda suites your needs in someway/shape/form, although it's a hunch, rather than a fact. :x

Baraka doesnt apply, Sadly Baraka sucks, he is a shit tier, I always loved his concept but he is freaking hard to master and has a poor mixup, and his mid-range fight, that is his speciality, is really weak.

From my DoA experience, Brad Wong and Kasumi are two TOTALLY different types of characters in gameplay wise.
Brad was sorta slow and require lots of stance type moves, while Kasumi was purely rushdown.
I'd say Kitana would be a good rushdown type for you. She has great close mixups in the low/high hits with specials. She also has longgggg combos like Kasumi.
Mileena is also a pretty decent mix up game too, but she's not purely rushdown. Mostly relies on the opponents faults like Brad Wong sort of was.
Ummm I don't play with many males, I find Quan Chi rather slow but has pretty good mix ups too

I'll test him out, thanks.

Can't; I forgot to add that I don't want to play as someone my friends/family play as, which includes Subby, Jade, and Jax.

I'll test out Reptile, too.

And it affects me so much because I don't want to play as someone who they have huge amounts of practice fighting.

Aww, and I was going to say Jade too...
Well, guess you better go with nightwolf

isnt this what i pretty much said? i may have read it wrong but it sounds like you are saying he wasnt good or somethin

you're reading wrong ..... I'm saying that Nightwolf, when mastered by someone good, it's a hell of tough fight ..... Nightwolf has a lot of fire back arsenal, and, can connect deadly that axe up cut, in order to destroy you in the corner, hard to escape ..... so, I'm saying Nightwolf is one of the best character in the game, but, very underplayed, I faced very few Nightwolf players online, and, none Nightwolf seems to be constantly in recent MK 2011 tournaments, at least, in the final games ..... very strange, since he is a very good character to pick and train.

From my DoA experience, Brad Wong and Kasumi are two TOTALLY different types of characters in gameplay wise.
Brad was sorta slow and require lots of stance type moves, while Kasumi was purely rushdown.
I'd say Kitana would be a good rushdown type for you. She has great close mixups in the low/high hits with specials. She also has longgggg combos like Kasumi.
Mileena is also a pretty decent mix up game too, but she's not purely rushdown. Mostly relies on the opponents faults like Brad Wong sort of was.
Ummm I don't play with many males, I find Quan Chi rather slow but has pretty good mix ups too

I really liked Brad Wong for the same reason I liked Yoshimitsu; they are the crazy ass fighters that you really don't know what to expect from them. That and being able to drunken box makes anyone 20% cooler. Kinda hoping Havik gets added into the game and plays in the same "style" as those two.

Baraka doesnt apply, Sadly Baraka sucks, he is a shit tier, I always loved his concept but he is freaking hard to master and has a poor mixup, and his mid-range fight, that is his speciality, is really weak.
His mix up game is actually pretty cool, sure he can't top off high damage like kawaii Ermac or kawaii Scorpion, but he's goodl doesn't matter if it's shit tier or mid tier, it's just a game of name calling the lesser used chars with minimum damage/speed/'capabilities', sure I havent won all my matches, but I have beaten people with Baraka alone in tag teams, sme of which were actually pretty decent people. Don't bias chars based on tier <3

you're reading wrong ..... I'm saying that Nightwolf, when mastered by someone good, it's a hell of tough fight ..... Nightwolf has a lot of fire back arsenal, and, can connect deadly that axe up cut, in order to destroy you in the corner, hard to escape ..... so, I'm saying Nightwolf is one of the best character in the game, but, very underplayed, I faced very few Nightwolf players online, and, none Nightwolf seems to be constantly in recent MK 2011 tournaments, at least, in the final games ..... very strange, since he is a very good character to pick and train.

i actually typed in my last question wrong. ive failed this whole conversation' i give up.

I really liked Brad Wong for the same reason I liked Yoshimitsu; they are the crazy ass fighters that you really don't know what to expect from them. That and being able to drunken box makes anyone 20% cooler. Kinda hoping Havik gets added into the game and plays in the same "style" as those two.

Haven't you ever heard of Bo 'Rai 'Cho? He usually has a drunken stance in all games he's played lol. And his special moves is puking on the ground causing the opponent to slip for a free hit. That's more of your random Brad Wong type.
Glad to see another DoA player here. La Mariposa/Lisa for the win :))

i find myself unable to agree with nightwolf simply because i dont see his mixup game as that strong.

Baraka in fact does have a excellent mixup game tho.

cool specials is kinda person specific but i find noobs specials to be awesome :p

good at rushdown narrows it.

baraka is a rushdown/footsies char

reptile has good footsies and is capable of having both strong rushdown and strong zoning. he has two nice bnb combos for midscreen so you get at least 2 different animations, but most characters in this game get one best combo and some slight variations at different points in the strings depending on your needs.

csz (cyber sub zero) has a very strong bnb combo (43% with jumpins) but doesnt have any real mixups (cant hitconfirm into a overhead string and can only hit confirm into a low slide) but he has a safe low string (3,3,2) and a safe overhead string (3,4) which can be abused in the corner nicely. i personally think hes totally badass and his divekick/iceparrys are awesome, and he summons a giant ice sword...whats not to like? oh and his EX divekick is overhead.

reptile is a bit more played, csz i see very few thus far. kano you may like as well, while some people will go "oh no not another kano" expect his representation to fall sharply now that his upball has been fixed. very rewarding char for someone to put the time into him tho.

sub zero is also highly capable of rushdown, but you also need to play defensively.

Yeah, only problem I can see with Baraka is the OP asked for a char that doesn't do the same combo's over and over.... And I mean Baraka pretty much just has one BnB that he can start up with either an overhead or a low, but after that it's the same. That's not a complaint btw, I love Baraka, but the OP asked for someone with multiple combo's.... Personally I would say Johnny Cage. Best rushdown character in the game, great mixups, lots of combo's, and good chip damage.

There's not really a character like Brad Wong in this game. Sonya may be the closest match, but she's still far from his playstyle. Definately was my favorite character in DOA though (though I never got very involved in that game).