Future of MK

I almost forgot to add "Don't forget to preorder Battle pass season 1 so you can re purchase rain DLC for the third fucking time!"

My personal favorite BS line is "We listened to your feedback and want to thank all of our loyal fans for their comments on social media!"
That was likely in reference to the people that bitched about NPCs characters in MKX like Rain, Baraka and Sindel not being playable and also begging for Noob Saibot, crying about Jade not being in MKX and also wanting Kabal and Nightwolf for "KP3" DLC.
What a fucking surprise that all of them are in MK11 the roster after all those "comments" by people during MKX. /s :rolleyes:

That was likely in reference to the people that bitched about NPCs characters in MKX like Rain, Baraka and Sindel not being playable and also begging for Noob Saibot, crying about Jade not being in MKX and also wanting Kabal and Nightwolf for "KP3" DLC.
What a fucking surprise that all of them are in MK11 the roster after all those "comments" by people during MKX. /s :rolleyes:
Oh I'm sure it is but It's painfully obvious they omit certain characters in each game as sequel bait knowing people will cry about them. Sektor and Cyrax both appeared in MK11's story so it's a certainty they'll be playable by DLC or part of the base roster. It's not the crybabies on social media but NRS themselves that cause this problem. It's just the same sad dumbasses keep falling for it. God forbid people grow a brain and think.

I wonder what MK12 could do to compete with SF6 and Tekken 8? Not to mention, SNK is still doing stuff for KOF15 and they have a new Fatal Fury game in the works. NRS and WB need to do something big to get people hype up for MK again.

I wonder what MK12 could do to compete with SF6 and Tekken 8? Not to mention, SNK is still doing stuff for KOF15 and they have a new Fatal Fury game in the works. NRS and WB need to do something big to get people hype up for MK again.
Oh they are in deep shit. They have been cutting down on the content, since MK9. If we look past smoke and mirrors. Let's compare MK9, MKX and MK11 content wise. If the tower has the same objective as others or don't have drastically different features, they don't count as a separate game mode.

MK9: Story Mode, Traditional Towers, Krypt, Challenge Tower, Test Your Might, Test Your Sight, Test Your Strike, Test Your Luck, Tag Mode, Online. (10 separate game modes,)
MKX: Story Mode, Traditional Towers, Krypt, Test Your Might, Test Your Luck, Faction War (Faction towers are pretty much the same towers, as traditional towers) and technically Online Towers (Hourly, Daily, Premier), Online. (8 separate game modes. 7 if we don't count technicalities)
MK11: Story Mode, Traditional Towers, Krypt, Towers of Time (literally Test Your Luck towers with different paintjob, so it counts as 1, not 10000 like some idiots claim), Tag Mode (same as Towers of Time, just with "multiplayer"), Online. (6 separate game modes. I don't count A.I battles as it is a glorified Versus CPU battles, that we can do in any other fighting game and you also don't really PLAY that)

So now that SF6 came out guns blazing with their own Konquest mode, that should have humbled NRS quite a lot. Not to mention a character creation mode. Interactive multiplayer lobby. Unofficial modding support (people already modded BETA after all). ACTUAL different game modes. Yeah. Whatever they were cooking, it definitely felt short of what SF6 brought out. I do hope for everyone's collective sanity, that SF6 doesn't fall short. But with what they already shown, it made it clear to NRS, that not even their name will be enough this time. SF6 set the bar back to what we had in 2004. So another MK11 won't fly for people.

Doesn't matter if they make the game look photorealistic. People WILL compare the amount of content between the two. Also it is very likely that both Tekken and Street Fighter will have the character creation mode (as Tekken devs were surprised on how popular it was in Tekken 7), so NRS is definitely feeling pressure.

Or... they will just try to ride on Name alone.

It's good to see the Japanese devs buck up to NRS in the single player content. I remember when SF5 first launched on PS4 it didn't even have a arcade mode. It appears Capcom doesn't want to make the same mistake twice. Hopefully this will put a much needed fire up NRS's ass to step up their game as well. I'm not holding my breath though.

Last edited:
SF6 is looking like a good jumping in point for people like me who like more singleplayer content in their fighting games. I'm not much one for multiplayer these days. I hope it does well.

Oh I'm sure it is but It's painfully obvious they omit certain characters in each game as sequel bait knowing people will cry about them. Sektor and Cyrax both appeared in MK11's story so it's a certainty they'll be playable by DLC or part of the base roster. It's not the crybabies on social media but NRS themselves that cause this problem. It's just the same sad dumbasses keep falling for it. God forbid people grow a brain and think.
Reptile, Smoke and Ermac too.
People have been bitching about those 3 also "missing" from MK11. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure if I've said it here before or not, but if they use the majority of the MKII roster as a base for the games, (IMO) they'd probably be safe as shit and most people wouldn't likely complain as much.
I mean, Mileena is debut playable from MKII and so is Reptile. Throw in Smoke and and take out Shang Tsung again and most people would probably be fine with 11 of those 12 in and other klassics rotated in and out. Sheeva and Nighwolf can sit out again like they did in MKX. That opens up 2 more roster spots for others.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that it's safe to say that Kitana and Mileena have surpassed Sonya and Kano when it comes to popularity, so those 2 can sit out a game... as MKII and Deception have proven before. Cassie can also fill some of that Sonya role. That opens up another 2 roster spots with Kano and Sony sitting out.

Again, NOT dead, but sitting out a game. Just an idea that I had on being able to keep a good portion of favorites while also opening up the roster to the possibility of 3D era ones (since apparently they treat a majority of the MKX and MK11 new characters like shit).🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
For me personally, MK9 roster was the best we could have ever hoped for from NRS. My blue pilled fantasy is the MK9 roster without Freddy and Kratos and just more 3d era characters thrown into the mix. I know it will never happen though.

Looking back on it, I actually preferred the MKX roster over MK11.
Despite finally getting Fujin as playable, the MK11 roster was safe as shit (imo) with only 6 of the total klassic characters missing plus Shao Kahn, with the majority of the DLC also either being klassics or guests. Went from 5~6 of the 3D era characters in MKX down to just 2 in MK11.
On top of that, Cetrion and Kollector I didn't really care for. Geras is the one that stood out for me out of the 3 new ones for MK11.

MKX at least took a risk with Bo Rai Cho, Tanya and Tremor and had also had favorites from post-MK3 like Kenshi, Quan Chi and Shinnok.
Ferra / Torr was fun, D'Vorah was fun, Kotal Kahn's variations in X were better (imo) and Takeda's Ronin variation was fun as hell.

Haven't really had blue pill fantasy as far as rosters go for the last 3 MK's and didn't care for Bo Rai Cho even in X, but that game (MKX) probably had the closest that I would consider a blue pill fantasy roster for me from the last 3 MK games.
8 new characters, 5 from the post-UMK3 era / 3D era (6 if you count Tremor) and both the Military Base and Kraken (Kove) Stage Fatalities.

Last edited:
Looking back on it, I actually preferred the MKX roster over MK11.
Despite finally getting Fujin as playable, the MK11 roster was safe as shit (imo) with only 6 of the total klassic characters missing plus Shao Kahn, with the majority of the DLC also either being klassics or guests. Went from 5~6 of the 3D era characters in MKX down to just 2 in MK11.
On top of that, Cetrion and Kollector I didn't really care for. Geras is the one that stood out for me out of the 3.
I believe that seems to be the general consensus with most of the MK fanbase as well. Like I've mentioned before MKX felt like a more fleshed out idea using MK9 and Ultimate MK3 as the foundation. MK11 felt like a watered down MK9 with more Xray...I mean flashy crushing, fatal blows. When you peel away the flashy moves, all you're left with is a boring shell of a game IMO. It doesn't feel like any passion was put into it at all. I guess I'll say one positive thing about MK11. It's pretty to look at.

Last edited:
I believe that seems to be the general consensus with most of the MK fanbase as well. Like I've mentioned before MKX felt like a more fleshed out idea using MK9 and Ultimate MK3 as the foundation. MK11 felt like a watered down MK9 with more Xray...I mean flashy crushing, fatal blows. When you peel away the flashy moves, all you're left with is a boring shell of a game IMO. It doesn't feel like any passion was put into it at all. I guess I'll say one positive thing about MK11. It's pretty to look at.
My problem with MK11 was that it also felt like MK9 version 2.0 (imo) as far as nostalgia overload goes.
Between the Krypt, costumes and gear pieces in the Krypt and Towers of Time, Brutalities (most of which were klassic Fatalities), Deadpool, Soul Chamber and Friendships it felt (to me) like another UMK3.
Whereas MKX by comparison felt like it was going more into MK4 / 3D / post-MK3 era territory.
X-Rays were also something in MKX that you had to meter manage and you weren't just given a free Fatal Blow for being under 30% health, and the most annoying part is that you can get it again if you missed or if it was blocked.
Not to mention that MKX had the Kraken stage Fatality in which the stage used an animal to kill your opponent in a better way (imo) than Animalities. If they ever did bring back "Animalities" I wouldn't mind if they were actually done in the form of the MKX Kove stage, tbh.

After seeing the Tekken 8 developers talk about the heat system and the game taking a more ''aggressive'' approach with easy one button combos. I'm concerned that NRS may take the same angle with their game as well. Fatal blows where annoying enough. Imagine one button 50 percent plus combos on top of that. Obviously the game ia too far out to come to any real conclusions yet but it is something to think about.

So..... yesterday this happened:
DD2B9131BB62D673F15AB8DE0B582F265E4B240B

MK9 is the future. Or we're going back to the future?...

Lmao, Maybe.... It's a test to see how long we keep our sanity without any NRS news.
If the NRS / MK "Leaks" sub-reddits are anything to go by, just give it some months without NRS news and people start getting so bored that they ponder "the color of Noob Saibot's nipples." :rolleyes: