Future of MK

The whole video is old news honestly. Everyone under the sun has been cheesing MK1 -MK trilogy since the 90s. The broken AI and exploitable gameplay mechanics is part of Midway's charm. Ketchup and Mustard did videos about this years ago.

Funny thing is, is that I learned how to play Mortal Kombat II from the drones. The first time I ever played Mortal Kombat II was in 1993 on Mortal Kombat II Revision 2.1

A few months into it, I did the same sweep/throw BS until people firgured out how to block the throws. Every now and then would sweep and guess to see if they would uppercut or not by immediately crouching then counter their uppercut with an uppercut (Revision 3.1 style). A few months after playing 2.1 I came across a 1.1 at an arcade about 20 minutes away. This is where the drone would sweep you to death. Also, in 1.1 if the drone was Jax and the drone would throw you into the corner it would do the double slam out of the corner instead of doing a double throw (not the 3 slams or 4 slams, just the 2 slams).

Equating the drones is loosely similar to good chess engines (have to find a pattern to beat them). Don't remember about the other revisions but in 3.1 if the difficulty is set to medium then you can throw the drones all the way to the 4th or 5th match. Depends on which character you use. Baraka has the best throw range. This is if you are playing on the 1P side. Don't know if that can be done if you're playing on the 2P side. In a fluke, don't know how it happened, I was able to throw Shang Tsung once (only pressed LP). The drone didn't abort the move to counter-throw.

The most interesting thing about all the old MK arcade games is most of those games where programed and shipped out in less than six months. I remember Boon talking about shipping out MK4 cabinets months before the game was even finished. Midway was so desperate to stay competitive against street fighter that they wouldn't even give Boon the time he needed to finish the games. Obviously things have changed dramatically since than but It's crazy that it's been over 4 years since our last game from NRS under WB (onslaught doesn't count fight me) . Midway might have been bleeding money out of all its holes but at least there was always a new MK game to play.

The most interesting thing about all the old MK arcade games is most of those games where programed and shipped out in less than six months. I remember Boon talking about shipping out MK4 cabinets months before the game was even finished. Midway was so desperate to stay competitive against street fighter that they wouldn't even give Boon the time he needed to finish the games. Obviously things have changed dramatically since than but It's crazy that it's been over 4 years since our last game from NRS under WB (onslaught doesn't count fight me) . Midway might have been bleeding money out of all its holes but at least there was always a new MK game to play.
You would have to go to some deep hellish places of unholy retardation, to find someone who would fight you over that MK: Onslaught statement.
That one is just an asset flip. Calling it a game, is like calling a pile of turd a nutrient rich meal, just cause it is the leftovers of what you ate before.

As for Midway... eh. They always keep repeating the same mistake. Even as NRS. Street Fighter showed how it was done with Street Fighter 4. That game was dominating EVO for years. It was that good. Make a game that is deeper, than a puddle, has options for people to be creative and is actually fun. Here. Long lasting game that keeps making money and you don't have to invest insane amount of the said money in making a sequel every 2 years..
There is a reason why Skyrim is still played to this day or that Todd Howard gets away with reselling it every time.

But nah. Let's waste resources and time, remaking the game 50 times.

Well if it weren't for Capcom we wouldn't even have a competitive scene that led to EVO ect, so it's no shocker that games like Street fighter and Marvel vs Capcom 2 still get played at those events to this day. Capcom is now what Midway use to be regarding how they (for the most part) keep a steady release schedule of AAA games. Outside of RE3 remake being rushed and bare-bones. Most people sing praises for every game they release. WB are very hit or miss when it comes to their games as of late. Maybe that new Hogwarts game will set the world on fire but if Gothem Knights is anything to go by, I doubt it. Rocksteadys game looks nice graphics wise but who cares about the Suicide squad anymore?

As far as Todd Howard goes, That guy literally releases the same game under a different setting over and over. People keep buying it so he keeps getting away with it. It reminds me of Ubisoft. Starfield looks like a skyrim/fallout mod in space. I look forward to him re releasing that game for the next 20 years while you wait for the next elder scrolls.

Last edited:
Well if it weren't for Capcom we wouldn't even have a competitive scene that led to EVO ect, so it's no shocker that games like Street fighter and Marvel vs Capcom 2 still get played at those events to this day. Capcom is now what Midway use to be regarding how they (for the most part) keep a steady release schedule of AAA games. Outside of RE3 remake being rushed and bare-bones. Most people sing praises for every game they release. WB are very hit or miss when it comes to their games as of late. Maybe that new Hogwarts game will set the world on fire but if Gothem Knights is anything to go by, I doubt it. Rocksteadys game looks nice graphics wise but who cares about the Suicide squad anymore?

As far as Todd Howard goes, That guy literally releases the same game under a different setting over and over. People keep buying it so he keeps getting away with it. It reminds me of Ubisoft. Starfield looks like a skyrim/fallout mod in space. I look forward to him re releasing that game for the next 20 years while you wait for the next elder scrolls.
Capcom apparently realized that healthy sex appeal is definitely a money maker. Lady D sold them a good chunk of Resident Evil 8 copies and they seem smarter, than Koei Tecmo and don't start spouting nonsense about trying to be respectful and mature (Cause yeah Dead or Alive, was just a franchise to pull that nonsense on).

Also even Street Fighter 5 with all its faults, has a very healthy user base, due how easy the modding is.
And now with introduction of pretty healthy customization options, Konquest like mode and mods already being made in BETA... yeah. If they don't mess up something crucial, they will be making money for a long while with SF6. That is if they won't fuck it up something. And fighting games lately have been notoriously hard not to fuck up.

Gotham Knights is just... ahaha.. gods. That... game is just. No.
Suicide Squad is... yeah. We haven't even seen gameplay. They just keep spoiling story with cinematics. Not really something to be excited about.
As for Todd. His system works. People like playing with their custom characters, while exploring an fantasy/sci fi world.

The biggest reason why Fallout 4 fell short, was of the forced story and life on your character. People didn't appreciate being forced to be a parent with responsibilities of looking for a kid. I imagine those who were parents especially didn't like it, as they just put their kids to sleep and suddenly realized that they will be spending their game time on looking out for another kid. People prefer games like Fallou3 or Skyrim. Give me a world to explore, custom character and mod support. Will buy it anyday.

WB on other hand, doesn't seem to understand that. Nor NRS. They want people to pay money and stay, but give no reason.

I've gone back to Injustice 2 lately, as well, to finish up some LMV stuff for The Flash and I think Catwoman.
Also was trying to finish getting some gear sets.
Haven't returned to MK11 in quite some time.

I've gone back to Injustice 2 lately, as well, to finish up some LMV stuff for The Flash and I think Catwoman.
Also was trying to finish getting some gear sets.
Haven't returned to MK11 in quite some time.
Injustice 2 has a customization worth playing for. Even when online wasn't working for me, I grinded Supergirl sets like crazy. MK11 on other hand has... colors and masks to offer. Not really a goal to go after.

I just hope that in future games there's less rng shit when it comes to customization.
It's the only frustrating thing about Inj2 and the MK11 Krypt to an extent.

I just hope that in future games there's less rng shit when it comes to customization.
It's the only frustrating thing about Inj2 and the MK11 Krypt to an extent.
The rng shit is supposed to keep you playing forever in the hope you'll spend money on the ingame currency.

in the hope you'll spend money on the ingame currency.
Jokes on them because I've never bought in-game currency.
If it's been too long and I haven't unlocked what I wanted, eventually I'll just get tired and go "fuck it," and maybe I'll pick it up later down the road if I want to do multi-verse events (like I'm doing now with Inj2).

The difference with Injustice 2 is that there's Legendary Multiverse events for agood portion of the characters that I'll willingly grind for to unlock their special abilities and Legendary weapons, whereas with MK11 there might be 1 or 2 characters that I have every skin and gear / piece for.Don't know how to explain it, buy like with Inj2 it was fun mixing and matching different gear pieces together whereas MK11 takes all the fun out of it.

Grinding is something I always loathed in these past NRS games. Being forced to grind offline modes instead of just unlocking everything through online gameplay is trash IMO. At this point in the games life NRS could easily patch the endless grind in the legendary Multiverse but it's all they care about now. Everytime I boot up the game I'm meet with a dumb mobile ad. Like many have mentioned before...it's just there to make you want to spend real money. Unfortunately this glorified mobile game BS is here to stay.

Last edited:
Jeff Grubb (insider for the industry) still has no idea what is going on with NRS and their next game.
Isn't this the same guy who started the whole ''NRS next game is MK12'' rumour? WB must have sent him a nice little ''STFU if you know what's good for ya!'' email. Sadly the truth is NRS don't even know what their next game is. We probably won't hear anything from them until after the release of street fighter 6. Gotta love the AAA gaming industry!

Being forced to grind offline modes instead of just unlocking everything through online gameplay is trash IMO.
I'll disagree there.
I'd rather find cosmetic things offline than have to interact with people online. Fuck dealing with online assholes.
If it's a special skin for being top 1%, 5%, 10% etc, etc, etc online then sure, fine, but most of the other cosmetic shit I'd rather find offline.
It's the whole rng bullshit that's annoying part.
Something like the Deadly Alliance / Deception Krypt where cosmetic shit wasn't an rng nightmare is what I'm talking about.
Sure, save random chests for Towers Of Time konsumables, but it's the cosmetic stuff that I wish was static in the Krypt.

I'll disagree there.
I'd rather find cosmetic things offline than have to interact with people online. Fuck dealing with online assholes.
If it's a special skin for being top 1%, 5%, 10% etc, etc, etc online then sure, fine, but most of the other cosmetic shit I'd rather find offline.
It's the whole rng bullshit that's annoying part.
Something like the Deadly Alliance / Deception Krypt where cosmetic shit wasn't an rng nightmare is what I'm talking about.
Sure, save random chests for Towers Of Time konsumables, but it's the cosmetic stuff that I wish was static in the Krypt.

It should be both tbh. Thankfully they did do it later on in MK11 with the meteors, but only getting what was it? One chance every 2 hours or something? That sucked. Let both camps of players get the same rewards for different achievements.

Well, Ed did say they want to "shake the cage" for the next game and try something completely new. He also said once that his dream game is peak Shit As A Service game - where you can lose items while you're at work etc.

MK12: 4D gameplay, but you need to make sure you've made enough donations to WB for your character not to die from starvation or disease, while you're at work. Internet connection goes down for 2 seconds? He's dead, Jim. It's also going to be the first game to require a standalone 8TB SSD to fit and load all the 69K textures. Easily Game of the Century.

I get you're Trolling but if and when they do decide to reveal the game... It's almost a given the first words that are spoken are something along the lines of..''We're so excited to show you all the new mechanics, characters and story but first lets talk about the new 1000 different types of currencies that players will earn through online /offline gameplay.'' you know we're fucked. My personal favorite BS line is "We listened to your feedback and want to thank all of our loyal fans for their comments on social media!"

Last edited:
I get you're Trolling but if and when they do decide to reveal the game... It's almost a given the first words that are spoken are something along the lines of..''We're so excited to show you all the new mechanics, characters and story but first lets talk about the new 1000 different types of currencies that players will earn through online /offline gameplay.'' you know we're fucked. My personal favorite BS line is "We listened to your feedback and want to thank all of our loyal fans for their comments on social media!"
Oh it is a given. MK11 sold enough, that they definitely got embolden.

And guess what? I can bet anything, that "Onslaught" isn't just a quick asset flip cash grab. They are testing the waters.
With games like "Genshin Impact" or "Diablo Immortal" acting as entrance into "Mobile games as PC ports", NRS/WB want to get onto action and get their own slice of the pie.

Mortal Kombat: Gacha Edition