Your Final Review for MKXL..

TheIncubusLord touched on most of my complaints, so I will leave a more simplistic review.

While I enjoyed the time I spent with the game, it is the Mortal Kombat game the I have spent the least amount of time with in the entire series. (Side note: Never played Armageddon)

I was very happy with MKX, I consider it an improvement from MK9 even though MK9 has the nostalgia factor. My only complaints would be too many guest characters and not enough post-MK3 characters like Fujin, didn't care too much for Cassie as the new main hero either. Ohh and I would have loved more stages, they definitely should have added more classics, not just the Pit.

I didn't care for too much of the Trilogy nostalgia factor, character-wise.
While the Pit was nice, I would have liked to have seen some more post-MK3 stages as DLC (MK4 Prison, House of Pekara, Slaughterhouse).
Speaking of post-MK3, I also would have liked to have seen either more new characters and / or post-MK3 characters.
I'm glad that Stage Fatalities were patched in for The Kove (favorite Stage Fatality) and Refugee Kamp, but I also wish that they would have done a Stage Fatality for The Outworld Marketplace, Kuatan Jungle and NetherRealm stage.

For me:
Gameplay-wise, it's MKX.
Story-wise, it's MK9.
The story felt like the team didn't know which way they wanted to go with it.
Kotal Kahn felt totally useless, as far as story goes.
He becomes the ruler of Outworld and invades EarthRealm which is already under attack by Shinnok, anyways.
It made it feel like Shinnok was the bigger fish to fry, with Kotal being an afterthought.