Who/Why was this like this in MK:T?

^This wasn't a vore on the game version topic...

Anyway yes I agree. *on some points*

I never really got to play the Arcade because in most places in Illinois Arcades *with the exception of Alladin's Castle/small arcade stores*
don't have this arcade maching/game in it. All I have is the SG and SN version *Sega-Genisis (sp)*

*I may have to find one to play but many people have said it is good*

I also mentioned I have a rare UMK3 for SN. *someone I know has also said they found a UMK3 for the PS1 which I will have to check. I noried the whole Noob/Rain thing. *back in the day I could never figure out the fatality codes so I didn't know how to preform them* (the first fatality I ever preformed was Mileena's "Inhale Exhale" from MK2)

^But I figured it out after the whole getting to sites like GF, this site, and many others. I will definetly have to try and find an Arcade machine of UMK3 since it does sound "Excellent!"

*If I can*

pheonix said:
someone I know has also said they found a UMK3 for the PS1 which I will have to check.
:? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Why didn't psx have umk3?
They had mk3 then trilogy.
THat's like Taco Bell only having a small and large size beverages... I WANT A DAMN MEDIUM!

DAVE101 said:
Why didn't psx have umk3?
They had mk3 then trilogy.

Sony got the exclusive rights to MK3 for the 32-bit systems, and then Sega got the exclusive rights to UMK3 for the 32-bit systems. That's pretty much it.

If I remember correctly, Sony did releace a flash card that upgraded any game of Mortal Kombat 3. The card retailed for $15 and was to be in the memory card port when the game was loaded. This would give you all teh features of UMK3.

BlindPlayer said:
If I remember correctly, Sony did releace a flash card that upgraded any game of Mortal Kombat 3. The card retailed for $15 and was to be in the memory card port when the game was loaded. This would give you all teh features of UMK3.

That may have been what my friend was talking about. *don't know I'll have to find him someday in Florida... :evil: ...*

I also saw in one of my old game cheat books it said UMK3: PS1: Midway: 1-2 players: M: Blood Gore/etc. ^ So my friend may be telling the truth...

What did the flash-card look like? If it was gold/yellow with a blue hole thing on the side... It looks very familiar to me... If not got any pics?

BlindPlayer said:

That was a rumor that floated around back before UMK3 came out for Saturn. It never happened.

Sega paid to have exclusive rights to publish UMK3 on >16 bit consoles. That's why UMK3 only came out in Arcades, Saturn, SNES, and Genesis. It was never released in any form for PSX, PC, or N64.

So, instead, companies went to work on Mortal Kombat Trilogy, so that Sega having UMK3 wouldn't seem like that big of a deal. And Sony had no reason to fight for exclusivity because the N64 version had to be scaled down due to production costs on the carts, and pretty much everything for Saturn took longer to produce. So MKT came out much later for the Saturn (and it wasn't as good anyway).

SOL-740 said:
I've pulled through some pretty tight spots with my mastery of that character, and his absence from the N64 MKT does not go unnoticed by me and in the end is what gives the PSX/Saturn version my vote.

Grouping PSX and Saturn might not be that good of an idea. Saturn's gameplay was way off. It was a little better then the early buggy versions of PSX MKT, but it sorely lacked compared to the later versions of MKT for PSX.

I hadn't played all that much of MKT for Saturn. From what I (apparently thought) I knew of it, I was under the impression that it was more or less the same as the PSX version. I stand corrected. Thanks for the heads up!

So yeah... PSX MKT all the way.

I remember Gamepro absolutely thrashing Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the Sega Saturn and Gamepro was the gospel to me at the time. I got the PS version of MKT right when it came out. Like an above poster said, the novelty wore off really fast. The game also would ocassionally freeze on me.

Hmm... I subscribed to GamePro for several years, and I remember their review of MKT for the Saturn. They pretty much gave it 4 out 5 across the board. GP was was pretty much gospel to me as well, and I've always been a total Sega fanatic, so I doubt I'm remembering that wrong.

Please don't make me dig out that old issue of GamePro to prove it. Man, that thing's gotta be so buried by now. :?