Whatever happened to Blaze?

PrinceScorpion

Whatever happened to Blaze and 'Hornbuckle' guys? I swear Blaze was captured by Shao Khan around the time of MK2 to protect the last remaining Dragon Egg? No mention of that in MK9 not even an Easter egg of the whole issue. You guys reckon it could be one of those things that didn't happen this time round on purpose to prevent the original time-line's flow (Onaga...Sujinko, etc, etc.), NRS just forgetting (Unlikely) or they decided it wasn't worth a mention?

Post your thoughts =)

PS - I'm not saying Blaze OR Hornbuckle should be playable/non-playable characters in MK9...I was thinking of something along the lines of what they did with Motaro in the storyline.

I would have preferred them having them in the back, so this generation can get a taste of the "What the **** was that" moments that we had back in the day.

Yea blaze should appear in the background of the pit with hornbuckle as a cameo IMO. What i don't get is how come shao kahn is still alive at the top of the pyramid when he was taken by onaga?

Yea blaze should appear in the background of the pit with hornbuckle as a cameo IMO. What i don't get is how come shao kahn is still alive at the top of the pyramid when he was taken by onaga?

I don't think the Intro to Armageddon was cannon...it was just a nice cool thing to have haha, if you remember in the Story mode Onaga, Shao Khan, Quan Chi and Shang Tsung are trying to form an alliance of darkness so yeah. However wouldn't be cool to see Blaze lying in the background dead in the MK9 Intro...just a random thought =D

Blaza was turned into a giant fire monster in Armageddon and had to battel Taven. So i take it that Taven defeated Blaza. And that Shao Kahn must of defeated Tavin and all that was left was Shao Kahn and Raiden and they fought and Shao Kahn Killed Raiden. All that remained was Shao Kahn! All the rest died in Armageddon! Oh Well!

Then we got this new story that Raiden trys to undo the past... LOL!

Assuming from what i saw on the intro to the MK9 story mode, Shao Kahn defeated Blaze, and because of that he has the power to end all life, that which Raiden tries to prevent with his message to his past self.

Assuming from what i saw on the intro to the MK9 story mode, Shao Kahn defeated Blaze, and because of that he has the power to end all life, that which Raiden tries to prevent with his message to his past self.

Yeah I know but what I mean is...in the new timeline where is he at? He was in MK2 backgrounds, his appearance was explained in later games so what's happened to the geezer in this timeline?