Silent Hill 4: The Room

The 7th Number

Well i started to play this game a couple of days ago and i was very excited and scared after playing a few hours. This game was going great, with a few minor enemy issues. Till i got to about 80% of the game finished, i learned it was just too hard for me. Everytime i would save i would have almost no life left...this was due to the fact that halfway through the game you cant go back to the room and fill your life back up. This pissed me off. I really wanted to complete this game...but without the ability to go back to my room and gain full life, and the most annoying enemies ever got to me. Fighting in this game is pretty gay. First off the dude is really slow, and only has a 3 move combo with a pipe, the guns are almost useless. On top of that who puts enemies in their game that YOU CANT KILL! You cant kill those ghost men that fly after you, but you can nail them to the ground with a sword. Thats nice if there is one, but parts of the game there are two or three! Plus you have to sit there nailing these ghosts forever to get them to fall down, and then you have to stab them with the sword fast enough before they get up, which is sometimes a bitch since this guy is so slow. You know if this game didnt have all these gay enemies i would say its a great game. But these enemies just get in the way, and ruin the fun. Adding in with the clunky and slow fighting scheme. But other then that i think it was a great idea....i loved how to room changed, and you could look at things out of your window and see things change, or find clues. If only there was a game just like this...but with no enemies.

the game was too EASY. i beat it in just about one run and with two swords taking down the ghosts was a snap. the monkey things were easy to kill and the game went fast. It was still a junky game though, you're not missing much with the ending.

well i watched the endings over at youtube.com 8) i was more interested to see the cut scenes between levels, and seeing that kid on the cross at the end of the hall. I loved everything but fighting those damn enemies.

I got major chills everytime i saw that head fly past the window in the livingroom.. lol i dunno why...this game had me scared everytime i came out of the bedroom...not sure what to expect. This room really freaked me out
http://www.eurogamer.net/assets/articles/a55840/ss_preview_Silent_Hill_4_PC_00.jpg

There was a game called D for PSX that i dont think involved fighting at all...except some boss at the end. Maybe im wrong? I just like games where you have to solve stuff, and you dont have to worry about fighting. but i dont think there are games out like that.

I just bought this game off ebay a couple days ago so it should arrive soon. I had always wanted to play it but just never got around to getting it until now. But the game I really want is Silent Hill 2. I love that one and wanna get it back, but its just so damn hard to find now.

I just got SH2 and can't wait to get started on it. I beat SH1 and part of 3 and all of 4, but I had yet to start SH2!

Gororules said:
I just got SH2 and can't wait to get started on it. I beat SH1 and part of 3 and all of 4, but I had yet to start SH2!

SH2 is by far the best one IMO, the story was excellent as was the gameplay and of course the environment. And Pyramid Head is the shit.

undertaker3x7 said:
Gororules said:

SH2 is by far the best one IMO, the story was excellent as was the gameplay and of course the environment. And Pyramid Head is the shit.

I could tell by the movie alone that he's the shit! :twisted:

the SH movie is based on the first game but loosely, it has things from a few of the games, SH4 would make a moderatly lame movie

The 7th Number said:
so the silent hill movie is based on SH2?

i would pay to see SH4 as a movie.

Yeah its not based on SH2 at all, but it does have a few things from SH2 such as Pyramid Head. And Pyramid Head kicked major ass in the movie.

Silent Hill 2 was the only game I played.

I never really got into the SH series. I enjoyed SH2 though. Pyramid Head owns though.

Prophet said:
Silent Hill 2 was the only game I played.

I never really got into the SH series. I enjoyed SH2 though. Pyramid Head owns though.

using the word Though twice in one small paragraph

-10000000 Karma :twisted:

Just out of interest, where did the pyramid head go in the movie? He ripped that chicks boobs off and after that he just vanished.

7th, you need to learn the basic rule of survival horror games; Don't fight when you can run. Running past the ghosts preserves ammo, and they are pretty slow, the only ones posing a problem are the ones with the long black hair because they can attack from a distance. To be honest I rarely use anything other than melee weapons in Silent Hill games unless I'm against a boss.

i always used the bat....i didnt find the axe....and guns didnt seem to work well. The ghosts are slow, but damn its annoying when your trying to look around for clues.

Hahaha, welcome to the world of SH, dude. Wait until you meet the giant freak babys and the wallmen. No they're creepy. No to metnion the train ghosts.

ChiefThunder said:
Hahaha, welcome to the world of SH, dude. Wait until you meet the giant freak babys and the wallmen. No they're creepy. No to metnion the train ghosts.

ive seen all them....i hated those wallmen when you had to go up and down the subway....no way to hit them with a bat. :evil:

i have silent hill 3 too....is that game easier...??? or better then 4:the room?