X = Front kick
O = Back kick
[] = Front punch
/\ = Back punch
R2 = Throw button = X + []
L2 = Switch position
R1 = Block
L1 = Tag button

I'm satisfated with this system, however I liked the old inputs high/low... thanks again ;)

Visø

What do you mean for "rp" and "rk"? Punch and kick? I guess uppercut is simply D+BP and sweep is B+FK... isn't it?

Visø

LOL why the hell the sweep is b+bk... ;\
Sorry for the misunderstood and thanks for replying my stupid questionz ;)

VictorMefer

I'm talking about PS3:

Back = High; Front = Low; right?
X = Front kick
O = Back kick
[] = Front punch
/\ = Back punch
L2 = Switch position
R1 = Block
L1 = Tag button

I'm satisfated with this system, however I liked the old inputs high/low... thanks again ;)

I believe block is R2/RT, and throw is R1/RB. At 0:20 in this video, one of the guys asks how to block, the other says RT is block, and RB is throw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFFtnVvHa5k

I think you're right about the rest.

rocky

BANALITY
I'm talking about PS3:

Back = High; Front = Low; right?
X = Front kick
O = Back kick
[] = Front punch
/\ = Back punch
L2 = Switch position
R1 = Block
L1 = Tag button

whats the back punch and kick mean? so they punch backwards? like behind themselves?

orbofuncreation

whats the back punch and kick mean? so they punch backwards? like behind themselves?

No, basically it's left punch and right punch: front punch means you'll strike with the forward pointing arm, also you can switch position but I don't really see the point of this feature as of now, they even explained it on the MKast but I didn't understand...

Zafiro

I believe block is R2/RT, and throw is R1/RB. At 0:20 in this video, one of the guys asks how to block, the other says RT is block, and RB is throw.

I think you're right about the rest.

yes, i played the demo at PAX too- you are correct- Block was R2 (like in MK vs DC), Throw was R1 (choose the direction)

BTW, that was producer Hector Sanchez telling them how to throw/ block ;) dont believe me? take his word for it- Right trigger is to block (R2/RT), Right Bumper is to throw (R1/RB)

To do the Xray you press R1 and R2 (on PS3) at the same time

Enhanced moves: you leave L2 pressed in and do the normal input for the special move (example: enhanced Kitana's fan lift: HOLD L2+ B,B, [])

Last edited:

TJHooker

BANALITY
Good find. So X-Ray is two shoulder buttons and enhanced spacials are a shoulder and the normal command. I know that a lot of people where complaining that the X-Rays are too easy to do so who know that might change by the time we get our hands on it.

...seems like performing X-Ray moves is cheap and easy...and i don't personally know what to think about this...

Zafiro

Good find. So X-Ray is two shoulder buttons and enhanced spacials are a shoulder and the normal command. I know that a lot of people where complaining that the X-Rays are too easy to do so who know that might change by the time we get our hands on it.

Thats wrong- XRAYs = Trigger + Bumper (R1 +R2). you can see that at the bottom of the move list at the start of this video from PAX if you dont wanna take my word for it

Eclipso

I am curious to hear of any changes they have made since last time someone has reported on the control scheme.

Osu 16 Bit

Enhanced moves: you leave L2 pressed in and do the normal input for the special move (example: enhanced Kitana's fan lift: HOLD L2+ B,B, [])

Huh? Unless there's two ways to do them enhanced moves are with block. Enhanced Fan Lift would be b,b + RP & block.