Mortal Kombat is up on the HotList at IGN

Adjun

I found that Mortal Kombat 2011 has now overtaken Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on IGN.com's Hotlist!!! Good news for MK fans hoping the franchise returns to glory! BTW, this is for the PS3 version, showing that Kratos' guest appearance has certainly NOT hindered, and most likely only spurred further interest, for the new MK.

5387331111_72cb693b05_b.jpg

Link to the page...
IGN PS3 Hotlist

Of further interesting note, the XBox 360 version is not as anticipated according to the same chart for the 360. Looks like the version most people will be playing will be the PS3.

XBox 360 HotList

my top 10 games,,1mlb the show,,2mk,,,,,,3burnzombieburn,,,,4nbalive,,,,,5trmk,,,,,,,6dominos,,,,,,7chess,,,,,,,8,10,000(dice),,,,,,,,,9pingpong,,,,,10arm wrestling

Of further interesting note, the XBox 360 version is not as anticipated according to the same chart for the 360. Looks like the version most people will be playing will be the PS3.

XBox 360 HotList
Well yeah, MK belongs on PS3 more so than on 360. But I'll be getting MK for 360 because the online will be far more reliable and higher quality.

The 360 isnt as much of a fighter platform as the PS3 is in my opinion, simply because of the controller layout somewhat and everyone goes head over heels for Halo, Gears of War and Call of Duty. Even though I own a 360, I get that fighter feeling more from the PS3. But either way, I am still getting this game for my 360, because platform means nothing to me, I'm a fighting game fan.

The 360 isnt as much of a fighter platform as the PS3 is in my opinion, simply because of the controller layout somewhat and everyone goes head over heels for Halo, Gears of War and Call of Duty. Even though I own a 360, I get that fighter feeling more from the PS3. But either way, I am still getting this game for my 360, because platform means nothing to me, I'm a fighting game fan.

I agree, if they were not going to come out with a MK style fight stick I would have bought it on the PS3 but since they are making a stick I am getting on my 360.

Yeah, I agree. 360 has better online but shitty Dpad, PS3 has worse online but better Dpad. The 360 controller that has the turnable Dpad is just a gimmick though, I tried it and it's pretty much pointless.
wait what? WTH Killzone 3 over Dead Space 2 and Mk 2011? who made those silly list? LOL
This is the age of the FPS, what do you expect? ;)

I personally haven't had stability issues with PSN. Definitely getting it for PS3 since my Xbox died a long time ago. I also want my friends to be able to play MK with a great controller as well.

@Immortal Reaver - What you said reminded me about something, I just got the new controller and yeah there isnt a considerable difference, but its better than nothing. I dont see why the hell the 360 doesnt have the same styled D-Pad as the PS3 or even the same one from the freaking Wii!!! Are D-Pad designs patented or something like that?

EDIT: After looking at both lists for each system, I think its safe to say that the list backs up my claim that the 360 is more of a shooter based console. Look at the games that come before MK, all of them are shooters. Killzone is a PS3 Signature title so of course thats gonna be 1st and Dead space is top on the 360 list so im not surprised its ahead of MK on the PS3 as well. Theres no more shooters coming out for PS3 besides those 2, so MK comes next. No matter what, shooters are always gonna be preferred over a fighting game (much to my dismay) and since 360 is more of a shooter based console, obviously MK isnt gonna be as wanted.

Last edited:
Screw the guy who gave me negative REP for this post. ****ing xbox fanboy. It was a statistic that was XBox vs. PS3 to begin with. I wasn't 'trying to make everything XBox vs. PS3 ya ****ing douche.

what an asshole(the guy who gave you -rep), anyway thx for the stats, hopefully NRS will respond to this and do something special for the community