Mortal Kombat 1 General Discussion Media Thread

Not gonna lie, Ermac looks like he'll be fun to play as and Mavado looks cool too (although I wish that he wasn't just a fucking kameo :rolleyes: ).
Interesting how a simple mask can completely fix up his look, too.

From this shit:

Ermac MK1 maskless.jpg

To now having this:

Ermac MK1 mask.jpg

I don't like the metal masks that everyone has. I think it looks good on Sub Zero, but everyone else it seems out of place. Especially Scorpion. His default costume is all cloth, then a random all metal mask on his face.

Ermac is the only one who looks normal in this game. MKD/MK9 Ermac still peak but this is good as well.

Ermac and this latest update is proof (to me) that MK1 needed more time to cook.
I've only been trying him out in the Gateway Mesa, but he actually feels like a pretty solid character.
THIS is how the game should have launched, imo.
Aside from that, I'm trying to clear out the Invasion Mesas with Li Mei to get the Tea House (Rainy) stage.

Ermac and this latest update is proof (to me) that MK1 needed more time to cook.
I've only been trying him out in the Gateway Mesa, but he actually feels like a pretty solid character.
THIS is how the game should have launched, imo.
Aside from that, I'm trying to clear out the Invasion Mesas with Li Mei to get the Tea House (Rainy) stage.

Wait there's an unlockable stage in Invasions?

Fuuuuuuck I just looked it up, yeah you get the new stage from beating Invasions. That sucks dude I hate Invasions lmao

Fuuuuuuck I just looked it up, yeah you get the new stage from beating Invasions. That sucks dude I hate Invasions lmao
It's the ONLY reason that I'm invested in Invasion mode for this season.
Stages that have weather / themes to them are my favorite for this game.
So stages like the Living Forest (storm), Ying Fortress (snow), Cage Mansion (Halloween) and Gateway (Christmas) are the ones I tend to use the most in this game. I'll be adding the Tea House (rain) to that when I've completed it. Probably by tomorrow or something. Lmfao

Speaking of Invasions:
Thought you'd find this interesting @BBBLP, but I switched up to a beefed up Baraka with Attack stats all the way up, because his blades have further reach, and I'm just spamming uppercut, the 4,4,4,4,4.....D,F+2 and B,F+3.
Just want to cheese through it for the Dark Raiden and Tea House (rain) stage.
I also have a Reiko with Health stats all the way up for the stupid survive bullshit, since for some reason he has more health than most (if not all) of the roster in this game. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
A woman on IG came out recently and revealed that she's going to be the face for Harumi in a now deleted post, and that she's going to be a kameo. So at least it looks like the game will still get its expansion.

Good stuff.
Hopefully that also means some added stages + Stage Fatalities along with another returning "-ality" / finisher type.

Also, universal back throw Brutalities (where you toss your opponent towards the screen) were recently added with the last update, per PNDKetchup (or Mustard - not 100% which of the 2 mentioned it) on Twitter.

Basically: Back Throw....then Hold U +2