Microsoft to release new gaming console in China

C-Sword

Let them have Bland-name Xbox. After all, they have their own separate internet. I bet all the games will have to make sure to Praise the Chairman.

China = ZFG.

It's ironic that China manufactures the PS3 consoles, yet its citizens are not allowed to have access to them.

Anyways, I don't see the point in a China-specific console if the ban on foreign consoles is going to be lifted.

That's cool of Microsoft and a nice idea too. Just hope it doesn't have any of the 'problems' the XBox line has (or would have had).

That's cool of Microsoft and a nice idea too. Just hope it doesn't have any of the 'problems' the XBox line has (or would have had).

They're not doing it out of goodwill for the deprived people of China... they're doing it for money.

China is the biggest untapped market for quite a few things.

China doesn't manufacture PS3 consoles.
Japan does.

I own a first-generation PS3 console. The sticker found at the bottom clearly says, "Made in China". The PS2, at least the early models, were manufactured in Japan.

A product may be designed in one country, but much of the grunt work is outsourced in this day and age, especially when it comes to mass production. It's no secret that a lot of clothing companies in the United States outsource to developing countries.

Last edited: