KAF - Future Recommendations

Mandark XX

First off, let me say that I really like the KAF feature. I've made numerous fighters and have had a great time with it. I do, however, have some recommendations for future MK titles...

The Ability To Store Fighters: Having KAF is great, but damn it sucks to only be able to store one fighter. (One posting said you can store 2 fighters per profile, but I haven't been able to yet). The game can store more that 2 profiles, why can't we store more fighters then?

Different Body Types: The KAF feature only has two base images, Ripped Male and Ripped Female. You can't make a really fat fighter or a really thin one for that matter. I think it would have been cool to alter the body shape.

Anyhow, if you have any opinions on this (or if I'm wrong and you want to correct me...), feel free to post!

I don't think they will have Kreate a Kharacter in the next game. But if they do, I want to see every aspect totally costumisable right down to a female having false eyeleashes, and dudes who can sport tattoos. Also the ability to change the colors of everything seperately. More like a 3D modelling program. A zillion options! But that would be too hard to make as an option in a game. Boon would more than likely just tweak this version and add it. Dunno. But if it does return, I want to see ALOT more depth to it. This outing was really good, but too shallow.

Edit: Also other races like Shokan, Oni, and maybe even centaurs. :mrgreen:

definately agree with you on that, I would have liked to have made a E Honda Sumo wrestler
Agreed, but it's really ironic when you think about it. Kreate a Kharacter [fighter] gives you the ability to make characters from other franchises. What about copyright? Surely that could possibly be an issue? Just a thought there. As for you E Honda example. That is one aspect of this mode that was too shallow. You couldn't make really fat, big or skinny players. Note if you will, Immortal Reaver's Dahlsim? He's too fat! This perfectly illustrates some lack of depth and option. :mrgreen:

Great start to this thread. Thanks, gang!

I had one more recommendation that I forgot about in my original post... I would also like to see the ability to share created fighters. This might be much trickier than my other two wishes, but it'd be cool! :)

I know this is crossing game designer borders, but on the KAF, maybe he could take some ideas from WWE Smackdown series. The have an excelent Create a character option. As for sharing the characters, every option in that game was numbered so you could in essence create recipies for certain characters. The problem I see is the amount of space this game now requires. If this was a for only PC platforms than more windows could be open, but seeing as the systems we currently have don't use an install method that would utilize mutliple CD's for one game, it makes what can be done limited.

I know this is crossing game designer borders, but on the KAF, maybe he could take some ideas from WWE Smackdown series. The have an excelent Create a character option.

They didn't always. Go back and play the first Smackdown game for PS1, the Create-A-Wrestler feature was terrible.

You couldn't choose indvidual parts. Just a pre-made lower half, a pre-made torso/arms, and a pre-made head. And those were only parts of the wrestlers already in the game.

This is Midway's first time doing something like this. The next game will expand apon this.

Also, Midway is also working on a new wrestling game itself. So this will prepare future teams for that.

It would be nice if they included all of the features from the newest Smackdowns and the Day of Reckoning titles.

It would be nice if they included all of the features from the newest Smackdowns and the Day of Reckoning titles.

Midway would have to create and develop that stuff themselves. As the WWE games are made by THQ.

It took THQ years to get seven years to get it to the point it is now. SEVEN YEARS. From the first Smackdown game to this year's game.

MK is on the right track. I'd say they're 2-3 years away from having the best Player Creater in fighting games.

THQ also made WWF WrestleMania 2000 and WWF No Mercy on the N64 and both of those had Create-a-wrestler.

Tony Hawk has had Create-A-Skater forever, since N64 as well. I think Midway should have looked at other games and borrowed ideas.

I have only three suggestions:
1. Ability for both players to play as each other's KAF. Seemed VERY stupid to me to have two KAF boxes on the CSS and only letting the player access his own KAF. Then again, I guess with not having Khameleon in the game, it would have loked lopsided with only one KAF box. So they need to look at that.

2. Ability to change the body type. Everything from making shokans to a sumo wrestler. Just woulda been good. But I guess they're working on that.

3. Ability to assign an alternate colour or alternate costume to your KAF. Only one or the other, but one player would be the first costume, the second player the other, or you can choose it the same way as for every other fighter.

I would rather not see a side game released next year, and for them to use the next two years perfecting this for the next gen systems and add these pretty cool changes.