How To Get Good Online

Mikel23XD

Here Are Some Tips For Getting Good Online

1. Remember Moves And Combos From All Characters Even Those U Don't Use Knowing What a Person Will Do Is Key To Winning There Is A Main Combo That Every Player Will Use Observe And Learn It So That U Will Know An Effective Way To Counter And Punish

2.Keep Your Finger Near The Block Button At All Times No Matter What

3.Practice Makes Perfect When Ever U Are Learning How To Use A Character The First Thing U Wanna Do Is Learn The Longest Combo Possible And If U Can Link The Combo With Your X-ray Do It I Promise It Will Save u When Near Death

4.Play On Expert I Know The Ai Aren't That Good On Expert But Its The First Stepping Stone In Becoming A Better Player

5.Learn To Trap Your Opponent Here's An Example With Cyber Subzero Throwing A Bomb Then Quickly After That Use An Ice Freeze With The Bomb Your Opponent Will Jump That Is When The Ice Freeze Will Get Them In Mid Air

6.Don't Rely On The Same Combo Or Move Mixing It Up Makes U Unpredictable

7.Don't Spam

A couple good points but also some misguided.

Linking your xray into a combo isn't always the best thing to do. Some characters such as kabal or cyrax have much better use for their meter, and the scaling on their xray makes it pretty much only viable to use by its self.

#5 just sounds like a tip for cyber sub.

My best advice would be just to play, you can spend hours in practice but the best way to learn is to be online playing vs. Other people. Don't get discouraged by your win/loss just keep playing, you will catch on eventually

Capitals belong at the beginning of a sentence, or when using proper nouns. A full stop is required at the end of a sentence. Commas also help break up long sentences, making them easier to read.

grammar.jpg

-cracks knuckles- This should be fun.

1.Remember Moves And Combos From All Characters Even Those U Don't Use Knowing What a Person Will Do Is Key To Winning There Is A Main Combo That Every Player Will Use Observe And Learn It So That U Will Know An Effective Way To Counter And Punish

Learning every single combo is very redundent for each character, as each character will probably only use half the combos offered to them. It'd be my suggestion to just learn their BnB combos/openers that lead into other stringed combos or specials, or combos that lead into juggles that lead into single hits which leads to more juggling and combos. I cant tell you half of Sub-Zero's combos I don't use, because if you went to the practice mode, you'd find out that a lot of combos, albeit executed differently, do the same amount of damage. I think that's stupid, but hey, be my guest.

2.Keep Your Finger Near The Block Button At All Times No Matter What

I think that's standard fair, besides, where else is your finger going to go? I can't imagine holding the controller any other way, that'd be awakward o_O

3.Practice Makes Perfect When Ever U Are Learning How To Use A Character The First Thing U Wanna Do Is Learn The Longest Combo Possible And If U Can Link The Combo With Your X-ray Do It I Promise It Will Save u When Near Death.

Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so I stop practicing. XD J/k, no but seriously, you don't have to learn 'the longest combo possible'. From a new person's perspective, that's a very daunting task, and again, redundent if that person lacks the basic experience of performing simpler combos that they can string together with specials. IMHO, you should learn combos that link to specials. They only do 20%+ damage, but it's a good start. Then learn to do combos that link to specials which open you to more combos. Then you should be around the 40% range. When you're comfortable with timing and correct button mashing, THEN go for the longer chain/wall/x ray combos that do 40-50% damage, although some of those combos and opportunities are rare, and combo breakers are but a button press away from ruining your day. Sometimes it's best to perform combos in short burts given the opportunity, rather than going all out balls-to-the-wall and trying to do 50% combos everytime. You can, but your odds of success or slim. Also, linking X Rays to combos are good ideas, but if a situation arises when you need to just pull one off in order to survive, then by all means go for it.

4.Play On Expert I Know The Ai Aren't That Good On Expert But Its The First Stepping Stone In Becoming A Better Player

The first stepping stone to becoming a better playing is learning the basics. No one is going to learn anything getting their ass kicked multiple times in a row with know basic knowledge or understanding of the game. My advice? Learn and practice your favorite combos/specials against the cpu, then go to ladder, then back to practice, then online. Watch videos, practice against friends, do whatever you need to do to get better. Playing against expert is good for a warm up, but playing against a human player always trumps the cpu verytime.

5.Learn To Trap Your Opponent Here's An Example With Cyber Subzero Throwing A Bomb Then Quickly After That Use An Ice Freeze With The Bomb Your Opponent Will Jump That Is When The Ice Freeze Will Get Them In Mid Air

Those are called 'Trap Strings', and that suggestion only works for characters that can perform them. Sub-Zero (normal ninja Sub Zero) can only freeze someone once during a combo with ice ball, then that quick second stun with 2.1 opener. Trapping your opponent helps, but that's if the set up allows you to. This is all based on opportunity.

6.Don't Rely On The Same Combo Or Move Mixing It Up Makes U Unpredictable

This is actually true, bravo.

7.Don't Spam

This is simple, cut and dry, but also vague. Zoning is a major factor in this game, and a lot of people confuse zoning with spamming. A proper definition would suffice, but I already covered this topic on another thread.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthre...erence-Between-Zoning-and-Spamming?highlight=