Fight smoke in MKII??

DAVE101

I am pretty sure you can fight smoke in MKII but i dont think i remember how. Or maybe it doesn't work on the version on MK:SM. I thought you press down+START when the guy pops out and says toasty, but all that happened was my game paused. :eek:
So am i doing something wrong? if so, what? Or is this "arcade perfect" version actauly a "cheap, piece of crap imatation of MKII"

Nothing Wrong, they just messed up when coding it for Midway Arcade Treasures 2 where Start paused a game and brought up the menu, not thinking you would need start for Smoke or to do a Random Select.

Sadly there's no normal way known to get to him.

Noob Saibot was not in MK2. He was seen and was playable in Ultimate MK3,Trilogy,MK4,MkGold,MK:Deadly Alliance Tournament edition and Deception. Smoke was I think playable and seen in MK2.

Ignore him^

Noob Saibot was infact in MKII. You had to win 50 vs matches in a row to play against him.

I have no clue if he is included in the MAT MKII version or not.........I would assume so but I don't play vs mode...........

Noob Saibot was not in mortal kombat 4, I have the game. Mk gold has him though (Sega Dreamcast :( ).

But if you have seen anythign like that in mk4 let me know

You could play as Noob in MK4. Maybe not in the arcades, but I remember playing as him on the PC version.

Noob is available on mk4. he is a hidden character. select hidden and go up to shinnok (up, up, left) and hold run and hit down c (i think that's default controls) and you can play as him.

'C' isn't a button unless you are talking about the PC version. If that is the case it has already been cleared up making you post worthless

Kona said:
Noob is available on mk4. he is a hidden character. select hidden and go up to shinnok (up, up, left) and hold run and hit down c (i think that's default controls) and you can play as him.

Slightly wrong for the PC verison. The PC verison, I couldn't do it until I unlocked all the endings. Goro is found this way as well and is one above Noob. Their moves are listed as 'top secret' and they have no ending.

I read somewhere the patch added P.Kitana. BTW is this true?

I don't know anything about the pc version but to get kitana in the n64 version you need gameshark and she looks like tayna only her clothes are balck and gray.

Kona said:

I think you are wrong there.
Noob is playable when you beat the game with Reiko and go to Hidden and press up,left,left,left,up. And select Reiko.
To unlock Goro beat the game with Shinnok and go to Hidden and press up,up,up,left.

Angel said:
I read somewhere the patch added P.Kitana. BTW is this true?

It's absolutely true. I remember downloading that patch when I heard you could use it to play as her. She was basically just a palette swap of Tanya with a blackish/grayish costume (like Kona said) and I think I recall her moves just being a generic fireball and that flying punch she's always had. Her weapon did sort of look like a fan, though.

Fear Breaker said:
Is there a MK4 patch for the Ps1 version? I've heard that more than 2 fighters are playable. Like Kitana,Ermac and Green Goro.

There was big "Kitana is playable" news across all the platforms at that time. On the N64 and PC you could actually play as Kitana, but on the PS you could only use her moves via Shinnok. I believe there were Gameshark codes that allowed this, but certainly no patches. Patches can't really be developed for anything that doesn't have a fully functional hard drive.

Actually, what was developed for the PC was a trainer, not technically a patch. It was just a program that you'd run before opening the game that would cause certain effects to happen.