Alt Costumes question for those who have the game already.

MileenaK

Hi people,
I wanted to know if the costumes that they are giving at Gamestop, Walmart, and all those are also available on the Krypt.
I don't know if I should get it from Walmart (Mileena's) or Gamestop (Scorpion), but if they are available on the Krypt, it won't matter.
Please let me know, thanks. =]

I don't own the game, but the thing going around the forums right now is that you get the Klassic costumes from defeating the 4 secret characters. This is not confirmed but makes sense. Hopefully someone with the game can answer this question themself.

They may or may not be in the krypt, however evidence points strongly to them being unlockable somehow.

Scorpion's Toasty! fatality, which is an exclusive along with an alternate costume for Gamestop pre-orders, is confirmed to be unlockable ingame even without the preorder code. Furthermore, it has been explicitly stated by NRS that content on disc will NOT be DLC. So either the retro alts are ONLY available to preorders (because they WILL NOT be DLC) or they are unlockable ingame.

Given how much of a homage to classic MK these games are, do you really think NRS would deny a massive portion of their community access to their favorite characters' retro alts?

I sure as hell don't.

They may or may not be in the krypt, however evidence points strongly to them being unlockable somehow.

Scorpion's Toasty! fatality, which is an exclusive along with an alternate costume for Gamestop pre-orders, is confirmed to be unlockable ingame even without the preorder code. Furthermore, it has been explicitly stated by NRS that content on disc will NOT be DLC. So either the retro alts are ONLY available to preorders (because they WILL NOT be DLC) or they are unlockable ingame.

Given how much of a homage to classic MK these games are, do you really think NRS would deny a massive portion of their community access to their favorite characters' retro alts?

I sure as hell don't.

Totally agree, that is just NOT Boon's style at all, leaving something unattainable like that might be done by the most evil fan-hating game designers in existence, but even then it's incredibly, INCREDIBLY rare.

the "codes" for the klassic fatalities are simply the input for the fatality.

we see the toasty is like down up up square, i bet thats the code i get with my gamestop te

the "codes" for the klassic fatalities are simply the input for the fatality.

we see the toasty is like down up up square, i bet thats the code i get with my gamestop te

Whatever form the "code" takes is immaterial, the simple fact of the matter is that Toasty! is termed a "Gamestop EXCLUSIVE" and yet it's still in the game for people who didn't preorder at Gamestop.