MK4 or MKG Perfect Conversion?

MK4 or MKG?

• Total voters

MoonEye821

I read many places that MKG is the perfect conversion of arcade MK4. I was woundering if anyone knew this to be true or simply a bunch of hype. I know its far better than PS1 or N64. Is the term perfect used loosly here, or is it a true copy-paste percfection conversion. Also, which do you like better?

MK Gold's definitely the better game, just based on the added characters and backgrounds alone. I honestly couldn't tell you if it was a perfect conversion, since I haven't played the arcade version of MK4 since about 1997, but it should've been pretty damn close.

Considering it was done on the Dreamcast, the graphics quite possible could've even been a bit better than the arcade version, but that's just speculation on my part. All I can really compare it to is the PC version of MK4, which sucked royally.

MoonEye821 said:
I read many places that MKG is the perfect conversion of arcade MK4. I was woundering if anyone knew this to be true or simply a bunch of hype. I know its far better than PS1 or N64. Is the term perfect used loosly here, or is it a true copy-paste percfection conversion. Also, which do you like better?

MKG had more characters and levels, but the graphics looked different then the original arcade. Everything had a shiny, plastic look to it. I personally preferred the arcade graphics.

Is there any comparison on which is more broken? I know some of the added characters to MKG were basically God tier, making the gameplay even worse then it was in MK4.