New TV show Mortal Kombat: The Saga

I noticed that some of you all were conflicted about the new set of MK movies. How would you all feel about a NEW MK tv show. Each episode would take place through the eyes of various characters. It would start with MK I. Maybe first episode could show Liu Kang and why he joined the tournament. Second episode can be Kano being chased by Sonya and his finding out about the treasures of Shang Tsung's island. Next episode can be Scorpion making a deal with his demons and returning to life. Another episode can be Sub-Zero getting the mission to assasinate Shang Tsung.(Wouldn't it be a cool twist if it was Shang Tsung who gave the Lin Kuie(sp?) that mission just so he can trick Sub-Zero into joining the tournament?) So on and so on. The last episode of each season would be Liu Kang beating the boss of course. :p It would be 100% loyal to the games AND it has a lot of story there. Episodes revolving around something in the past I.E. Shinnok trying to take over Earth in the past, Sub-Zero going into the neatherrealm to get the amulet back, original Kung Lao dieing by Goro can be done in flashbacks in certain episodes when it pertains to a certain character. For example maybe the descendant Kung Lao was meditating and thinking about the original one? Who knows. Now many may be opposed to this due to the unpopularity of MK: Conquest. But I think if given the chance it maybe a good show. Although non MK fans would be like "Why doesn't it stick with one character?" :lol: But many shows have a HUGE cast. Simpsons and South Park for example did not always revolve around the Simpson family or the four boys. :wink:

Enough of my rambling. What do you all think?

First off, You're a diehard. I respect that :p

Secondly, I think that this has definate potential. The only thing i see that could go wrong, that you mentioned, was that the general audience would be confused, and it wouldn't do well.

This is the end of humanity, when "the simple life" has 4 seasons, and there can't be an MK show without it being canceled first season.

Woe is us :(

Disappointed said:
This is the end of humanity, when "the simple life" has 4 seasons

Gah! That god damn talentless whore!

Anyway, it's not a bad idea, and I would support a new MK show without a doubt, but then again I'm a hardcore MK fan. I just don't know if another MK TV series could be sustained for longer than a season, though, as Disappointed alluded to. It all comes down to whether or not casual MK fans would watch it, and if not, there's no point in it.

If it was just one season, I'd like it to reach 30 eps. 30 eps gives me about over half a year of looking forward to watching TV one night a week.

Hey, this can have potential, like Disappointed said. I can't wait for it, and I do hope it stays longer than one season. I know it's thirty episodes, but, geez, if the "Simple Life" can stay for four, why can't an MK series stay for longer than one? What does the public see in Paris that they don't see in the MK series?

DeathcoreRyknow said:
RIPLIUKANG said:
What does the public see in Paris that they don't see in the MK series?

A talentless whore. The public obviously has thing for 'em.

Don't forget sexual desire. I mean, I hear people talk about wanting to bone Hilton all the time, but when was the last time I heard someone talking about wanting to plow Scorpion? NEVER!

Its a shame that this show will never be made. I honestly think it would do very good. I think the general audiance(NON hardcore MK Fans) would find it weird at first, but if the show progressed, I think it has so much potential. They can even have the ending of each episode kinda lead into the next maybe? That way it won't be so weird for one episode to revolve around Kano and then Raiden the next. Ya know?