PAX Prime Gamespot Interview - Johnny Cage confirmed?

Hmmmm this seems just a bit too convenient.... something fishy is going on (perhaps only playable through story mode or another certain mode)

I don't think it means what you think it means.

You can fight her as Johnny Cage=you can fight her in the Hollywood variation which has Cage's signature moves (nut punch, shadow kick, etc.). It doesn't confirm that Cage is playable though.

Why are people acting so surprised?
He was one of the only heroes to survive MK9, and was a main character in the story. Why wouldn't he be in the next game?

Why are people acting so surprised?
He was one of the only heroes to survive MK9, and was a main character in the story. Why wouldn't he be in the next game?

Not really how i wanted my comment to be viewed as..... I was more SURPRISED in how they've just talked about it so casually.

ok maybe they mean something else but cage and sonya were already confirmed to be playable and have variations based on their age...

No , everybody just keeps saying they are.

Hints =/= confirmation

You didn't read the translation of that article I posted...

"Under debate Ed
Boon revealed that there will be indeed multiple versions of Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade and Liu Kang.
(...)
The aged Warriors -as Ed Boon said- will not only differ in their look from younger
variants but also be a little bit different in gameplay and have other moves which none of the other incarnations
will have."

You didn't read the translation of that article I posted...

I read it...
Ed Boon would NOT confirm Kano, Sonya, Cage, and Liu Kang all at the same time.
Boon could have said something about classic characters having "aged variations".
Then they jumped to conclusions.

Anyway, when the interviewer asks whether or not Kotal Kahn is important, he replies...
"everybody's important!" I'm really hoping they stick to that.

but he did :)
he didn't want to confirm if they will be in the roster or somewhere else (like in story mode)

lol Whatever you say dude...

So many little things in this interview...
I can't tell if their hints, or nothing at all.
Like this...
"You can jump off the tigers head...And maybe at some point he gets angry"
I'm really hoping that's a hint at stage animalities

Last edited:
He also said:

Does Baraka have a baby? Can't confirm that yet, sorry.

...some of the crazy choises we made on the roster.

Maybe there will be a Baraka/Mileena offspring? I'm guessing there will surely be some characters no one will expect.

Did baraka and mileena ever really have a romance? I remember a CG trailer with them fighting on one of the older games.