Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 710

Thread: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

  1. #21
    Black Dragon Recruit Subz 711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    641
    Thanked: 111
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    Bi Han is definitely still out there somewhere.

    We know that from Scorpion's MKDA and Deception endings that when Moloch threw him into the Soulnado, he was initially ripped apart. But in Deception we find out that he was actually transported before the Elder Gods.


    Which opens up many possibilities.



    Maybe the Elder Gods made Sub-Zero their champion, like they did Scorpion before.
    Or perhaps he remains Noob Saibot, and this Sub-Zero is someone entirely different
    Could be they fused Kahn with Subs, like that one guy's theory. But I honestly can't think of any reason why they'd do it.



    All in all though, I honestly think this Sub is Bi Han. He has his overconfidence, and it even sounds like him.
    See, I don't even know how people see a personality yet. We have seen so little besides gameplay, how can you see a personality?

    Also, I'm pretty sure Kuai isn't lacking in the confidence department either. He walked into Kahn's arena and demanded Scorpion be brought to him. Dude is no pushover.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Subz 711 For This Useful Post:


  3. #22
    BANALITY THEundying27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    505
    Thanked: 40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    My guess is Kuai becomes grandmaster and also has a son in this game. Therefore a new Sub-Zero as well.
    now this I like very much. I could definitely see this happening. I could also see this being inspired from kevin tachereons version of mk in regards to incorporating offspring into the story.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to THEundying27 For This Useful Post:


  5. #23
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,066
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2890
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    I'm not saying there is. I'm simply stating most people have run rampant with this soulnado theory and I really just don't get why.
    Because Noob Saibot is neither confirmed dead or alive, and all that we know is that he disappeared into the Soulnado in MK9.
    That's ALL that we know right now.
    He could be dead, or he could be alive.
    People going with the "what if" scenario of he's alive, are going with this route because even though the Soulnado supposedly "tore Scorpion to shreds" (non-canon), the Soulnado actually transported him, as BBBLP said.
    It's very possible that the soul of Bi-han was separated in the Soulnado from Noob (aka the body that Bi-Han and the Nether Realm wraith shared), and I'll explain this in my other reply below.



    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    Yeah, but you actually did just prove one of my points there. If Sektor is the Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei, and Sub-Zero's style is grandmaster, then it can be said that Sub-Zero takes over the Lin Kuei. Which Sub-Zero has a reason to take over the Lin Kuei? Which one hates Sektor's guts with a passion?
    Yes, but then how would Kuai-Liang come back?
    For all we know, Quan Chi gets killed by Scorpion in the first 10 minutes of MK X, so how would the Inner Sanctum come to play?
    (Btw, I loved your suggestion of him coming back via the Inner Sanctum, not trying to down play it at all.)
    I'm just trying to make sense of it all, since Ed said that MKX would span 25 years.



    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    That would make sense if Bi-Han had his own character to himself in MK9, but he didn't. Also, whoever Sub-Zero is he has NO cyber enhancements in MKX. At least from what we have seen. So, the whole one is faster than the other makes zero sense either. Kuai Liang's main in MK9 was still just Sub-Zero.
    Yes, he did have his own character.
    Sub-Zero having no cyber enhancements in MKX further proves my position that this could also be Bi-Han.
    The human Sub-Zero alternate (which is technically the primary, since he came first) in MK9, is Bi-Han.
    Sure, you can debate it since Kuai-Liang is also human Sub-Zero, but Bi-Han even said that Quan Chi perfected him (as Noob Saibot), which also explains why he's faster as Noob Saibot, and this also brings me to my next point....



    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    Okay, follow along. I mentioned that Vogel has already said that being dead does not matter. The main reason a lot of people are being so solid that it's not Kuai is because he was a cyborg last time we saw him. That Johnny example shows that new bodies are indeed created, and that would not stop them from bringing Kuai back. I'm really not trying to defend Kuai here either. It's just sooo many people have run rampant with this soulnado theory, and it makes zero sense to me whatsoever. Even if he did survive the soulnado he should still be Noob Saibot, or in theory the soulnado should purify him by removing Noob. Scorpion could not split from Hanzo. This theory should not hold weight.
    The Soulnado theory makes sense when you take into account that Ed Boon himself said about Noob Saibot that "1 is Noob and the other is Saibot."
    Meaning, Noob Saibot is the amalgamation of Bi-Han's soul and the Nether Realm wraith soul sharing 1 body (much like how Ermac is comprised of 1,000 souls in 1 body), which also explains why Bi-Han (as Noob Saibot) can command the wraith to leave the body and attack.
    Scorpion isn't comprised of 2 souls sharing 1 body like Noob Saibot is, which is why he can't do the same.
    Scorpion cannot split from Hanzo because Scorpion IS the dead Hanzo resurrected as an immortal wraith, which is WAY different than 2 souls sharing 1 body in Noob Saibot's case.



    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    Glad to see we agree here. We saw both Bi-Han and Kuai in MK9. I expect to see one of these two AND a new guy come MKX.
    To be honest, with Ed Boon stating that Cassie isn't the only descendant I'm convinced that this Sub-Zero is completely new, with the variations being a nod to both brothers.
    I think that we'll see either Bi-Han or Kuai or BOTH, as cameos in story mode, but this new Sub-Zero seems more like a son or student of one of the former Sub-Zero brothers who learned their moves, much like how Cassie learned Johhny and Sonya's moves.

  6. #24
    Black Dragon Recruit Subz 711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    641
    Thanked: 111
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    Because Noob Saibot is neither confirmed dead or alive, and all that we know is that he disappeared into the Soulnado in MK9.
    That's ALL that we know right now.
    He could be dead, or he could be alive.
    People going with the "what if" scenario of he's alive, are going with this route because even though the Soulnado supposedly "tore Scorpion to shreds" (non-canon), the Soulnado actually transported him, as BBBLP said.
    It's very possible that the soul of Bi-han was separated in the Soulnado from Noob (aka the body that Bi-Han and the Nether Realm wraith shared), and I'll explain this in my other reply below..
    I still disagree that they are two different beings though. Boon saying one is Noob and the other is Saibot is not a confirmation that there is Bi-Han and Noob Saibot. You can say it is, but it's not. I've already explained how often Boon trolls people. I seen that tweet as a joke honestly. Like he was saying "No, there's Noob(Boon) and there's Saibot(Tobias)." That's literally all I got from that. Not, hey guys Bi-Han isn't actually Noob Saibot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    Yes, but then how would Kuai-Liang come back?
    For all we know, Quan Chi gets killed by Scorpion in the first 10 minutes of MK X, so how would the Inner Sanctum come to play?
    (Btw, I loved your suggestion of him coming back via the Inner Sanctum, not trying to down play it at all.)
    I'm just trying to make sense of it all, since Ed said that MKX would span 25 years.
    Honestly, I'm not even going with the Inner Sanctum suggestion anymore because it can happen other ways as well. I'm saying if in MKX there is a mass resurrection (like in Deception) then the elder gods may very well have to forge him a new body (hence the WHOLE reason I'm bringing up Johnny Cage getting a new body in the old timeline). Basically, if Kuai is brought back, he does not have to be confined to the cyber gear. He's a soul now for Christ's sake. Nobody should expect he would have anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    Yes, he did have his own character.
    Sub-Zero having no cyber enhancements in MKX further proves my position that this could also be Bi-Han.
    The human Sub-Zero alternate (which is technically the primary, since he came first) in MK9, is Bi-Han.
    Sure, you can debate it since Kuai-Liang is also human Sub-Zero, but Bi-Han even said that Quan Chi perfected him (as Noob Saibot), which also explains why he's faster as Noob Saibot, and this also brings me to my next point.....
    Daaannngggg, Okay now you are literally saying Bi-Han was the primary solely because he came first. Even though Kuai's look was clearly the primary, and even though Kuai was still the main Sub-Zero (he had two chapters!?!?)

    Also, you just completely contradicted yourself. First, you said Kuai was the faster Sub-Zero because he was cyber. Now, Noob Saibot was the faster one because Quan Chi perfected him. Which is it? It doesn't matter really because I think you know that none of those playstyles hint towards Bi-Han.

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    The Soulnado theory makes sense when you take into account that Ed Boon himself said about Noob Saibot that "1 is Noob and the other is Saibot."
    Meaning, Noob Saibot is the amalgamation of Bi-Han's soul and the Nether Realm wraith soul sharing 1 body (much like how Ermac is comprised of 1,000 souls in 1 body), which also explains why Bi-Han (as Noob Saibot) can command the wraith to leave the body and attack.
    Scorpion isn't comprised of 2 souls sharing 1 body like Noob Saibot is, which is why he can't do the same.
    Scorpion cannot split from Hanzo because Scorpion IS the dead Hanzo resurrected as an immortal wraith, which is WAY different than 2 souls sharing 1 body in Noob Saibot's case.
    I already explained this up there ^. Bi-Han and Noob Saibot are not two different beings, and that tweet definitely didn't confirm that they are. If the soulnado can cleanse or purify Bi-Han then it should have done the same for Scorpion. Also, I still hold the stance that the soulnado is a completely PURE thing. If Noob Saibot is killed then that means all impurities should be ripped from him. Meaning he's basically a good guy Sub-Zero (which is not what Bi-han fans are wanting anyway).

    In fact most Bi-han fans actually have the character they want. His name is Noob Saibot. They don't even take into account that if Kuai isn't Sub-Zero that NRS won't use him at all. Yet, they have two versions of one character that they love(Sub-Zero AND Noob Saibot).

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    To be honest, with Ed Boon stating that Cassie isn't the only descendant I'm convinced that this Sub-Zero is completely new, with the variations being a nod to both brothers.
    I think that we'll see either Bi-Han or Kuai or BOTH, as cameos in story mode, but this new Sub-Zero seems more like a son or student of one of the former Sub-Zero brothers who learned their moves, much like how Cassie learned Johhny and Sonya's moves.
    Agreed, we will see a descendant Sub-Zero. It will hopefully stop the Bi-Han vs. Kuai Liang stuff anyway.

  7. #25
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,066
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2890
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    I still disagree that they are two different beings though. Boon saying one is Noob and the other is Saibot is not a confirmation that there is Bi-Han and Noob Saibot. You can say it is, but it's not. I've already explained how often Boon trolls people. I seen that tweet as a joke honestly. Like he was saying "No, there's Noob(Boon) and there's Saibot(Tobias)." That's literally all I got from that. Not, hey guys Bi-Han isn't actually Noob Saibot.
    No.
    The guy had asked Boon a question regarding why it only says Noob on the health bar, even though the announcer says Noob Saibot, and that's when he replied with that.
    It had NOTHING to do with Tobias and Boon (the names).



    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    Honestly, I'm not even going with the Inner Sanctum suggestion anymore because it can happen other ways as well. I'm saying if in MKX there is a mass resurrection (like in Deception) then the elder gods may very well have to forge him a new body (hence the WHOLE reason I'm bringing up Johnny Cage getting a new body in the old timeline). Basically, if Kuai is brought back, he does not have to be confined to the cyber gear. He's a soul now for Christ's sake. Nobody should expect he would have anyway.
    They may not do a whole mass resurrection, though, considering that MK9 skewed the timeline, and MK X will have a new story.
    For all we know, MK X may just revive the characters that are vital to the story.
    People expect him to come back as cyber, because that's how he was shown in spirit form, in the MK9 Nether Realm of Raiden's chapter.
    If he comes back in human form, then why wasn't his soul in human form, in the MK9 Nether Realm?



    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    Daaannngggg, Okay now you are literally saying Bi-Han was the primary solely because he came first. Even though Kuai's look was clearly the primary, and even though Kuai was still the main Sub-Zero (he had two chapters!?!?)
    Yup.
    Bi-Han was the original from which Kuai's costume was modified and molded after, so yeah, technically Bi-Han was the primary.



    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    Also, you just completely contradicted yourself. First, you said Kuai was the faster Sub-Zero because he was cyber. Now, Noob Saibot was the faster one because Quan Chi perfected him. Which is it? It doesn't matter really because I think you know that none of those playstyles hint towards Bi-Han.
    Nope.
    You misread.
    Kuai is the faster Sub-Zero, as Cyber Sub-Zero.
    Noob Saibot became faster than his human Bi-Han Sub-Zero, former self, AFTER Quan Chi "perfected him."

    As for play styles in MK X, Cyromancer and Unbreakable can easily refer to Bi-Han too.



    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    I already explained this up there ^. Bi-Han and Noob Saibot are not two different beings, and that tweet definitely didn't confirm that they are. If the soulnado can cleanse or purify Bi-Han then it should have done the same for Scorpion. Also, I still hold the stance that the soulnado is a completely PURE thing. If Noob Saibot is killed then that means all impurities should be ripped from him. Meaning he's basically a good guy Sub-Zero (which is not what Bi-han fans are wanting anyway).

    In fact most Bi-han fans actually have the character they want. His name is Noob Saibot. They don't even take into account that if Kuai isn't Sub-Zero that NRS won't use him at all. Yet, they have two versions of one character that they love(Sub-Zero AND Noob Saibot).
    Bi-Han and Noob Saibot are 2 different beings, and that's exactly what the tweet was referring to, as I stated above.
    I'd be 100% OK with the Soulnado wiping the impurities, and making Bi-Han good, for once.
    It would be a good change to his story.
    The Bi-Han fans likely would just rather have Bi-Han back as human Sub-Zero, regardless of good or evil.
    Would Scorpion fans like him any less in he joined the Forces of Light? Not likely.



    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    Agreed, we will see a descendant Sub-Zero. It will hopefully stop the Bi-Han vs. Kuai Liang stuff anyway.
    Agreed.
    I just want to see how this Sub-Zero is in the game.

  8. #26
    Black Dragon Recruit Subz 711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    641
    Thanked: 111
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    No.
    The guy had asked Boon a question regarding why it only says Noob on the health bar, even though the announcer says Noob Saibot, and that's when he replied with that.
    It had NOTHING to do with Tobias and Boon (the names)..
    I didn't even realize what the question was. Well, that tells me now that he was just trying to make up an explanation for why he was too lazy to put Saibot on the name bar. You guys are taking that tweet way too seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    They may not do a whole mass resurrection, though, considering that MK9 skewed the timeline, and MK X will have a new story.
    For all we know, MK X may just revive the characters that are vital to the story.
    People expect him to come back as cyber, because that's how he was shown in spirit form, in the MK9 Nether Realm of Raiden's chapter.
    If he comes back in human form, then why wasn't his soul in human form, in the MK9 Nether Realm?
    Yeah that would make sense if Vogel hadn't already said "since when does death mean they actually stay dead in MK?" Oh and a fan speculating the dead characters are gone and Boon replying "Why would you think that?"

    Would you maybe think a couple of dead guys might be back? Hmmm?

    Also, he was seen as a cyborg because that was his last form. If they are indeed revived the elder gods can give him a new body. Johnny's old body was screwed. So are all of their bodies. I wouldn't expect the elder gods to exactly know electronics and metal. It would make much more sense to just give him a new human body.

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    Yup.
    Bi-Han was the original from which Kuai's costume was modified and molded after, so yeah, technically Bi-Han was the primary.?
    All I'm going to say is I really hope you don't see it that way. You should see with clear eyes that Kuai was the main Sub-Zero in MK9. Bi-Han had what? One or two lines?

    You're blinded by fandom here. This is a case where I argue if there's really anything you like about him besides herpty derp He's the first one.

    It's like The green lantern. Barry Allen was the first. However, Hal Jordan is seen as the MAIN green lantern. Personally, I like Kyle Rayner, but I know Hal Jordan is universally seen as THE green lantern.

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    Nope.
    You misread.
    Kuai is the faster Sub-Zero, as Cyber Sub-Zero.
    Noob Saibot became faster than his human Bi-Han Sub-Zero, former self, AFTER Quan Chi "perfected him."

    As for play styles in MK X, Cyromancer and Unbreakable can easily refer to Bi-Han too.
    Unbreakable COULD refer to Bi-Han. I'm going to be frank here though. Bi-Han doesn't even know he's a cryomancer. He never did. He just knew he was a human with ice abilities. So did Kuai UNTIL he stumbled upon the cryo-armor. The armor which SPOKE to him. GUIDING his every blow. Now, if you can't see how the cryo-armor could have an effect on a playstyle then that's your problem. It literally guides his moves. It COULD be Bi-Han, but it leans towards Kuai Liang.

    And please don't bring HE WAS THE ORIGINAL CRYOMANCER into this argument. I get it. He was the first. That does NOT mean he's the best though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    Bi-Han and Noob Saibot are 2 different beings, and that's exactly what the tweet was referring to, as I stated above.
    I'd be 100% OK with the Soulnado wiping the impurities, and making Bi-Han good, for once.
    It would be a good change to his story.
    The Bi-Han fans likely would just rather have Bi-Han back as human Sub-Zero, regardless of good or evil.
    Would Scorpion fans like him any less in he joined the Forces of Light? Not likely.
    Umm, except look up Bi-Han fans messages. Hell, they're even on this page. They want the evil Sub-Zero. The bada** Sub-Zero. The Sub-Zero who doesn't give a crap about anybody.

    Look up any Sub-Zero discussion and count how many Bi-han fans say that kind of crap. That's all they want is an evil character. In which case, you have Noob Saibot. Well, either that or he's the original so he deserves the name is another argument...

    Also, I stand by the fact that Bi-han and Noob Saibot are not separate entities. Bi-han was evil and Quan Chi used that evil to perfect him into what he was meant to be. Raiden even told Bi-han he feared for his fate if he didn't change.

    He didn't and as a result his evil consumed him in the netherrealm.

    That's what is so good about the brothers stories. One was so unwilling to change that he ended up serving the very people he despised. The other brother DID change and forged a path on his own. If he didn't he could have wound up in the same position.

  9. #27
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,066
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2890
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    I didn't even realize what the question was. Well, that tells me now that he was just trying to make up an explanation for why he was too lazy to put Saibot on the name bar. You guys are taking that tweet way too seriously.
    No.
    It's a perfectly good explanation for why Noob Saibot consists of 2 souls that share 1 body, and it makes sense, since Scorpion can't do the same.
    If Bi-Han as Noob Saibot was just 1 entity just as your saying (by comparing him to Scorpion), then he wouldn't be able to split off like he does, and throw the wraith from his body.



    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    Yeah that would make sense if Vogel hadn't already said "since when does death mean they actually stay dead in MK?" Oh and a fan speculating the dead characters are gone and Boon replying "Why would you think that?"

    Would you maybe think a couple of dead guys might be back? Hmmm?

    Also, he was seen as a cyborg because that was his last form. If they are indeed revived the elder gods can give him a new body. Johnny's old body was screwed. So are all of their bodies. I wouldn't expect the elder gods to exactly know electronics and metal. It would make much more sense to just give him a new human body.
    That would make sense if Ed Boon didn't say that MK X consisted of a new original story, which he did.
    Also, the fan speculating on Twitter was saying that ALL the dead characters are gone, to which Ed replied "How did u come to that conclusion?"

    @grhoads1: @noobde So are all of my old favorites who died so anticlimatically in MK9 gone for good? EB: How did u come to that conclusion?
    A few dead characters coming back for MK X? Yes.
    Not a mass resurrection, as you have suggested:

    I'm saying if in MKX there is a mass resurrection (like in Deception) then the elder gods may very well have to forge him a new body (hence the WHOLE reason I'm bringing up Johnny Cage getting a new body in the old timeline).


    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    All I'm going to say is I really hope you don't see it that way. You should see with clear eyes that Kuai was the main Sub-Zero in MK9. Bi-Han had what? One or two lines?

    You're blinded by fandom here. This is a case where I argue if there's really anything you like about him besides herpty derp He's the first one.

    It's like The green lantern. Barry Allen was the first. However, Hal Jordan is seen as the MAIN green lantern. Personally, I like Kyle Rayner, but I know Hal Jordan is universally seen as THE green lantern.
    Bi-Han was the one who Kuai was based off of, even Scorpion when he first saw Kuai-Liang was like "You're not Bi-Han."
    He recognizes the similar costume which was inspired by Bi-Han.
    Also, Kuai wasn't the main human Sub-Zero either, as he was transformed into a robot and had the same amount of lines in his human form as Bi-Han did.
    If we're going to be real with ourselves, the main Sub-Zero in MK9 was Cyber Sub-Zero, and neither human Sub-Zero brother.

    Blinded by fandom?
    Coming from the dude who tirelessly defends Kuai-Liang? Ok.
    I've stated various times that whether it's Bi-Han, Kuai-Liang or a new Sub-Zero that I'm just happy that Sub-Zero is back human in MK X.
    That doesn't sound like someone who is a blind herpty derp fan.

    Hal Jordan was the one by which the other Green Lanterns were modeled after, which is my point.
    It has nothing to do with one being better than another, because that is subjective.
    The FACT remains that Kuai-Liang's human Sub-Zero was modeled after Bi-Han.



    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    Unbreakable COULD refer to Bi-Han. I'm going to be frank here though. Bi-Han doesn't even know he's a cryomancer. He never did. He just knew he was a human with ice abilities. So did Kuai UNTIL he stumbled upon the cryo-armor. The armor which SPOKE to him. GUIDING his every blow. Now, if you can't see how the cryo-armor could have an effect on a playstyle then that's your problem. It literally guides his moves. It COULD be Bi-Han, but it leans towards Kuai Liang.

    And please don't bring HE WAS THE ORIGINAL CRYOMANCER into this argument. I get it. He was the first. That does NOT mean he's the best though.
    Cyromancer could refer to both, given that they were BOTH from the Cryomancer race (as was Frost, the 3rd from the lost Cryomancer race), which was my point.
    Also, it may or may NOT lean towards Kuai, given that this is a NEW timeline in MK X.
    You keep harping on "the old timeline," but the old timeline doesn't matter as far as MK X is concerned.
    All that matters in MK X is MK9 and on.
    Maybe Bi-Han finds the armor this time.



    Quote Originally Posted by Subz 711 View Post
    Umm, except look up Bi-Han fans messages. Hell, they're even on this page. They want the evil Sub-Zero. The bada** Sub-Zero. The Sub-Zero who doesn't give a crap about anybody.

    Look up any Sub-Zero discussion and count how many Bi-han fans say that kind of crap. That's all they want is an evil character.
    Umm, except for the fact that most people said nothing about "evil" Sub-Zero and preferred a Sub-Zero with a ruthless, "don't give a crap" attitude.
    The ruthless "don't give a crap" attitude doesn't = evil, as you are mistaking it for.
    Scorpion has a ruthless "don't give a crap attitude" also, but he isn't evil. He's a neutral character.

  10. #28
    Black Dragon Recruit Marcelino Rodrigues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    609
    Thanked: 116
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    I thought that same exact thing too, until Ed said that there have been different Sub-Zeros in MK, and I saw Sub-Zero's 3 different variations in MK X.

    "Grandmaster" - This eludes to Kuai-Liang (as in Lin Kuei Grandmaster, which he was in the previous games).
    "Unbreakable" - I believe is Bi-Han Sub-Zero.
    "Cryomancer" - This could be a mix of Bi-Han and Kuai-Liang.
    Maybe the variations are just THAT: technique variations of the SAME character. I just don't see them mixing up characters into one entity for 3 variations (how ridiculous are Sektor and Cyrax being the same cyborg but different variants for each one?). I'd pretty much hate that to be honest. Ed talked about that as a general context, because we did have 2 different Sub-Zeros in the last game.

    Plus, to me, Scorpion and Noob Saibot are different. Scorpion is NOT evil. He never really was. He just seeks vengeance against people but he's Quan Chi's puppet. Now, Noob Saibot is pure evil in one body. There's no redemption for the entity that is Noob Saibot. So I can totally see Noob being purified instead of Scorpion.

  11. #29
    Shaolin Monk Noob-Zer013's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    1,932
    PSN
    Noob-Zer013
    Thanked: 570
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    @ Subz 711

    I hate to interfere with your discussion with something a bit off topic but Barry Allen was The Flash. Ite, proceed.
    Last edited by Noob-Zer013; 06-18-2014 at 02:40 PM.

  12. #30
    BANALITY THEundying27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    505
    Thanked: 40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    Quote Originally Posted by Noob-Zer013 View Post
    @ Subz 711

    I hate to interfer with your discussion with some a bit off topic but Barry Allen was The Flash. Ite, proceed.
    interfere*

    not spam

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to THEundying27 For This Useful Post:


  14. #31
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,655
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4925
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    Another detail that might help us learn his identity is his ice ball.
    He throws it with one hand. Something that has never been done by any Sub-Zero in any MK game. Of course this could just be a nice little aesthetic change, but I'm thinking it was intentionally put in to show that this Sub-Zero is much more powerful than the ones before him.


    Like Gouken in the Street Fighter series, Ryu's mentor, who throws one handed Hadoukens with ease.



  15. #32
    Lin Kuei Assassin Wraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,547
    Thanked: 103
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    So someone posted this video in the Media thread.



    Judging by the little bit of dialogue we get in the beginning I'm gonna say it is definitely not Kuai Liang. So either Bi Han is back, or it's another Sub Zero that has history with the Shirai Ryu, but it definitely sounds like Bi Han.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Wraith For This Useful Post:


  17. #33
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,655
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4925
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    It has to be Bi Han.
    Kuai Liang wouldn't have pride in the Lin Kuei after they turned him into a refrigerator against his will.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to BBBLP For This Useful Post:


  19. #34
    New Kombatant Explomorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ❄Winterfell❄
    Posts
    34
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    But on the other hand he have Kuai Liang mask in one of the three fighting styles.
    At 8:11

  20. #35
    Lin Kuei Assassin Flying Jinko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Shujinko's Beard
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,909
    Thanked: 340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    Quote Originally Posted by BBBLP View Post
    It has to be Bi Han.
    Kuai Liang wouldn't have pride in the Lin Kuei after they turned him into a refrigerator against his will.
    That and the fact that it isn't characteristic of Kuai Liang to maintain blind enmity with the Shirai Ryu, especially when he didn't in the old timeline as well.

  21. #36
    New Kombatant Reman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    28
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    So someone posted this video in the Media thread.



    Judging by the little bit of dialogue we get in the beginning I'm gonna say it is definitely not Kuai Liang. So either Bi Han is back, or it's another Sub Zero that has history with the Shirai Ryu, but it definitely sounds like Bi Han.
    He definitely has beef with Scorpion.

    Kuai Liang almost never speaks like that, so that could possibly lead to Bi-Han or a new sub-zero, which seems more likely regarding how Boon is going with a descendants theme in this MK.

    Perhaps this is the son that wants revenge on Scorpion for trying to kill his father (Bi-Han???Kuai seems more unlikely because that means revenge is killing Sindel, who is dead t the end of MK9.) The son of whichever the sub-zeros is training to kill scorpion, explaining the one-handed ice ball. If his father is Bi-Han( more likely because of the more-than-average hateful dialogue with scorpion ), then that could also explain the Lin Kuei garb. However, there are so many what ifs at this point that it is all pure speculation.

    Boon better hint at who this new sub-zero is.

  22. #37
    Shaolin Monk Noob-Zer013's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    1,932
    PSN
    Noob-Zer013
    Thanked: 570
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    The problem is, Kuai Liang has as much beef with Scorpion than Bi-Han did (if not than more) during the beginning of MK9. He was out to kill Scorpion for killing his brother so its still possible he'd continue that beef. It would be nice to see Kuai continue his story but I could live with him not being an active member.

    The thing that gets me is the Lin Kuei emblems.. It would make no since for any human Sub-Zero to have them if it was still using cybernetic ninjas. I'm going to assume that this Sub-Zero is the grandmaster because of this and especially since one of his variations is called this.

    As far as his personality, I also feel with what dialog we've heard that it could still be Kuai. He wasn't entirely good. He had no trouble being an assassin and he often spoke very darkly before being cyberized. We never heard his opinions on the Shiri Ryu so whose to know he didn't despise them like the rest of his clan?

  23. #38
    Black Dragon Recruit Subz 711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    641
    Thanked: 111
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    @NooB-ZerO

    Oops. I'll admit, I'm not good with my names. All I know is there was a golden age Green Lantern before there was Hal Jordan. However, Hal is the most recognizeable Green Lantern.

    My bad on the name though.

  24. #39
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,655
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4925
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    Because when Kuai Liang became the Grand Master of the Lin Kuei, he also became a protector of Earthrealm.
    So it wouldn't make sense for him to hold a grudge against a dead clan.


    Spoiler:


    The Grand Master Variation name could just be bullshit. Scorpion has a variation called "Inferno", but it clearly isn't the Inferno Scorpion we know from Shaolin Monks.


    I just really hope Sub-Zero being Grand Master doesn't affect Sektor too much. I can just imagine a quick lame ass vignette of Sub-Zero being shown ripping Sektor's head off and claiming the medallion for himself.

  25. #40
    New Kombatant Reman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    28
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

    Quote Originally Posted by Noob-Zer013 View Post
    The problem is, Kuai Liang has as much beef with Scorpion than Bi-Han did (if not than more) during the beginning of MK9. He was out to kill Scorpion for killing his brother so its still possible he'd continue that beef. It would be nice to see Kuai continue his story but I could live with him not being an active member.

    The thing that gets me is the Lin Kuei emblems.. It would make no since for any human Sub-Zero to have them if it was still using cybernetic ninjas. I'm going to assume that this Sub-Zero is the grandmaster because of this and especially since one of his variations is called this.

    As far as his personality, I also feel with what dialog we've heard that it could still be Kuai. He wasn't entirely good. He had no trouble being an assassin and he often spoke very darkly before being cyberized. We never heard his opinions on the Shiri Ryu so whose to know he didn't despise them like the rest of his clan?
    Very true, but his attitude changed after he got into his cyber form. He was willing to go against the Lin Kuei, as he did fight Cyrax and Sektor (albeit, cyrax as a human), which makes his affiliation with the Lin Kuei much more unlikely, unless he was brainwashed :l.

    It is true and most likely probable that he hates the Shirai Ryu, but he probably hates the Lin kuei more or just as much for turning him into a cyborg slave.

    As for the beef with Scorpion, I don't contest that he doesn't have any, but things could change over the 25 years, and the game is starting the story line soon after MK9, Kuai's soul could still be trapped by Quan Chi. With the "deaths" of the two sub-zeros at the ending of MK9, and Scorpion (presumably still seeking revenge), could break way from Quan Chi as he sees him as a liability to his quest, frees the soul of some of the fighters, including Kuai's, and that could be the thing that settles it? Just some very wild speculation that I'm sure won't happen.

    As for the personality argument, we can't really say as I mentioned before 25 years is a lot of time to change and if Kuai does break away from Quan Chi and is reborn, we don't know if he'll be the same guy with his old memories ( think MK9 smoke ending).

    I'm still going for the descendant theory as it could give meaning to the name's of the sub-zero variations.

    Grandmaster- Referencing that he is in charge of the Lin Kuei in tandem with his garbs. probably not something Kuai would do unless he turned the Lin kuei around for good.

    Unbreakable- Referencing his heritage and possibly Bi-Han as he was infamous for his successful fights as sub-zero and for beating Scorpion twice (sz mythologies, anyone)? <-- Not affected by the alternate timeline as it already happened before MK9 took place in this new timeline. This could also point to Kuai as well because he did beat kintaro and goro together as cyber sub-zero in MK9 and because he defeated ermac and Scorpion as well.

    Cyromancer- Don't really have to explain this one :P

    BTW sorry if it seems I'm hating on Kuai, my philosophy for debates is that you should run with your argument until someone makes sure that it is completely false.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. MK10 Characters' storylines
    By Revamp_Kombat in forum Mortal Kombat X Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-12-2014, 08:04 AM
  2. Character conflicts/storylines you want to see
    By DCR in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 10:07 AM
  3. Discussing and recapping storylines for all characters on MK
    By Vigilante_FireDragon in forum Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 01:49 PM
  4. Storylines you dread...
    By Angel in forum Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 08:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •