Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

If you are rendering as .avi, switch to something else like quick time or individual .png files. I get that same problem when using .avi, and It doesn't have an fps setting.

If using Quick time, make sure your compression settings for it match the frame rate you are using in your time line, 60fps I assume.

I'm rendering my final frames as .png files and making .gifs out of them in Photoshop.

Thanks a lot bleed, you should be one of those elder gods mentioned in mk

Last edited:
@Le@n your private message mailbox is full but to answer your question:

I do need a better source but that would be time consuming I would think. I cannot remember where I sourced the sounds from, probably an MK fan site.

Spoiler:
5617104716_1c47082b6d_b.jpg

sonya has red earrings, leather bracelets and SF emblem in her john tobias comic style.
We have discussed this in the past, goro has horns and kano has red and silver "ammo belt"
It was decided not to use these details in the past (which saddened me). I only asked about
the earrings because they appear in the ending screens.

Due to the post production, there is always some differences between the real actor/actress and the in-game sprite. I always though that Sonya's sprite was more "slim" that E. Malecki for exemple. Also, Sonya's sprite seems to have the same bracelets than J. Cage (Even if she didn't have them when she was posing on photos)

About the red earrings, I think you could add them. In the first game, it was add during the post production process in her "select" and "ending" screen. The original game was too much low resolution and the earring wouldn't have been visible on her sprite. Although, I think it makes her more feminine. Seeing that we are in HD now, I think she could have her red earrings visible on her sprite (in my opinion).

If you need it as reference, here's what Gojira did with Sonya (although, there are some mistakes with her anatomy, her belt and bracelets) and some adjustements I proposed at the time:

6_zps684c4838.jpg

sonya_zps473c5c4c.jpg

Last edited:
Did you think about adding back some of the deleted stuff like this?
http://tcrf.net/Mortal_Kombat_(Arcade)
There is more, for example Kano has four new animations and Raiden has few, I can send it to you if you want.

They discussed the possibility of including Shang Tsung's sword fatality already (I think that's a go) but I've never seen the Kano/Raiden stuff you're talking about. You should post it for everyone.

Last edited:
Ok, so here is the full animation of Goro's death (on the page which I posted there were only few sprites):
f97fac895c45948b202324ef49458082.gif

Raiden "dancing" or something:
cbd32c6a3dd5d94d21a02519c622437a.gif

And some effects added to it:

another move:
b0ad9b9d7ec230e13e2a317bff8c3978.gif

Kano's special rotating jumping kick:
2cfc6a8f1a7e86a759ded8792b6355f4.gif

This is totally different than his typical rotating kick. And you can see where did it come from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf6l6diIN3k
2:19.
Another animations which I considered as deleted were used in MKT, so you probably won't use it.

No, I have it from another forum. It was hidden in game files and someone called FLY ripped it somehow. There is a lot more, from MK2, MK3 and MKM, I posted only MK1 animations. Kano had few more moves in MKT which I didn't post. It would be great if you would include some little details like Goro's death or Shang Tsung's laugh, because it wouldn't affect gameplay.

Last edited:
Yes, but I think that they weren't used in MKT. The creators added back some deleted stuff in MKT, but I think that these animations weren't used nowhere.

Yeah, last post looks horrible without correct quote.
Photos look blurry and have low resolution unfortunately.

I cut the quote unfortunately, I did not realize. Chirs Images are only to see a little more of sonya anatomy. ukER is right is pictures of a TV show, and not the best quality. Sorry. Greetings

Hi cb0363, very interesting wooow anatomy is very similar, the model proposed for gojira at the time, his face look very well, I think will be of great use to Cris Berserk. I strongly agree with earrings, is just magic the High Definition. Greetings

@lean, start up goro death animation sprites are indeed from mkt. the ending ones are from mk1

didn't kano already have this roundhouse in mkt?

start up goro death animation sprites are indeed from mkt. the ending ones are from mk1
Really? I think that Goro just falls down in MKT exactly like in MK1. Do you have a photo of that? But you are right about Kano's roundhouse, he indeed has this animation in MKT - I checked it.

Last edited:
Some very awesome work in the gallery there.

Thank you, so maybe some environments are needed? Bleed seems to be doing awesome with the characters so I don't wanna step on his toes. Maybe Shang Tsungs palace etc? Is there a specific person leading this effort that I should talk to? Sorry, I didn't really have time to go through the 400+ pages, but I will probably do so tonight after work.

sprite rips by fly for mk1 have goro on knees turning to stone and exploding only.
mkt sprite rips have animation of goro falling to his knees 1st.

addind these elements, like shang tsung sword fatality, is a very bad idea.
that would be better left for mk1.5hdr