PC version of Mortal Kombat 9...

In the gaming world, PC has always been the red-headed stepchild of gaming consoles! There will NEVER be a PC version of MK9! And besides, PC games are historically more prone to piracy than their console counterparts, so frankly, it's a complete waste of time and resources to release MK9 on PC!

In the gaming world, PC has always been the red-headed stepchild of gaming consoles! There will NEVER be a PC version of MK9! And besides, PC games are historically more prone to piracy than their console counterparts, so frankly, it's a complete waste of time and resources to release MK9 on PC!

I think you're right .... at least we had the arcade Kollection

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205350/

Last edited:
In the gaming world, PC has always been the red-headed stepchild of gaming consoles!

Uneducated. PCs are the reason why "gaming consoles" exist in the first place. Arcade machine = modified PC. Gaming console = modified PC. Games are created on a PC.

Shows how much you know.

The only reason why MK9 doesn't come to PC are because of two main reasons:
1) People being ignorant and say stuff like this: "PC games are historically more prone to piracy than their console counterparts, so frankly, it's a complete waste of time and resources to release MK9 on PC!", while forgetting that RTS, MMO's, Simulators and Shooters, get MUCH more attention than consoles could even dream of. Look at all competitive leagues, look at BF:BC which made an ignorant developer (DICE) change their views on PC and actually prefer it rather than consoles. Why didn't I include Fighting genre in that list? Well, it's because of the second reason:
2) Ignorant developers shafting PC for an extremely long period of time, thus killing off all interest to the said franchise. Ask any PC player, what would they'd buy, a very well-done FPS/MMO/RTS/Sim or MK9? Most of the players will laugh at your face and tell you to take your MK9 back to your consoles because that's the only good thing about it anyways. Other than that, why would you port Mortal Kombat NINE while all other previous installments after MK4 weren't even considered to be given to the PC audience?

:bird:

In fact, you're right, "it's a complete waste of time and resources to release MK9 on PC!", not the fault of the platform, not the fault of piracy, it's a fault of the developer shafting the audience, thus a very small fraction will actually be interested in BUYING the game.

I know for one I will never buy MK9. Or any other MK's. I won't even waste my bandwidth and pirate the game, morons don't deserve it.

Sincerely,

A PC gamer.

Uneducated. PCs are the reason why "gaming consoles" exist in the first place. Arcade machine = modified PC. Gaming console = modified PC. Games are created on a PC.

Shows how much you know.

1) People being ignorant and say stuff like this: "PC games are historically more prone to piracy than their console counterparts, so frankly, it's a complete waste of time and resources to release MK9 on PC!", while forgetting that RTS, MMO's, Simulators and Shooters, get MUCH more attention than consoles could even dream of. Look at all competitive leagues, look at BF:BC which made an ignorant developer (DICE) change their views on PC and actually prefer it rather than consoles. Why didn't I include Fighting genre in that list? Well, it's because of the second reason:
2) Ignorant developers shafting PC for an extremely long period of time, thus killing off all interest to the said franchise. Ask any PC player, what would they'd buy, a very well-done FPS/MMO/RTS/Sim or MK9? Most of the players will laugh at your face and tell you to take your MK9 back to your consoles because that's the only good thing about it anyways. Other than that, why would you port Mortal Kombat NINE while all other previous installments after MK4 weren't even considered to be given to the PC audience?

In fact, you're right, "it's a complete waste of time and resources to release MK9 on PC!", not the fault of the platform, not the fault of piracy, it's a fault of the developer shafting the audience, thus a very small fraction will actually be interested in BUYING the game.

I know for one I will never buy MK9. Or any other MK's. I won't even waste my bandwidth and pirate the game, morons don't deserve it.

Sincerely,

A PC gamer.
ed boon confirmed mortal kombat 10 perhaps we beat the pc version ...

Shows how much you know.

Sincerely,

A PC gamer.

You are wrong on many levels, it seems you're not really into fighting games. Personally I would gladly buy MK9 for PC even if it was released these days and believe me, a lot of people think this way. After 14 years without this franchise on the platform PC gamers would jump on a new Mortal Kombat title. I don't miss the MK games after MK4 as almost all of them are horrible (a trend that started with MK4) and also I couldn't care less about the story of Mortal Kombat.

As to why Netherrealm did not release a PC version to MK9 I really have no clue but I can come up with two factors that they might interpret as a problem:

First: piracy. I don't think that piracy is that big of a factor here as these games are meant for multiplayer really, of course a lot of people would pirate it but mainly because they just want to try out the game to see if it's their thing or not. This is why you can't compare the number of pirated copies to sales: for example Street Fighter 4 was pirated as hell but a lot of people who downloaded the game just wanted to try it out and was scared off because of the game's complexity. Those guys are not potential buyers, not even the target audience to be honest. I bought Street Fighter 4 for my PC and play the Super one to this day and I'll buy SF X Tekken if I need some fresh content. Also Capcom stated that even though SF4 was a highly pirated game PC sales of it were reasonably good. What proves this to be correct is the fact that after SF4 Capcom released two more SF titles for PC, Super SF4 Arcade Edition and SF X Tekken.

Second: control issues. The thing is that these games really play well if you have a controller and in the past a lot of PC gamers neglected that fact, didn't buy a controller and simply could not learn the game mechanics properly, hence there was not much enjoyment to be found in fighting titles. This is not really a problem these days as more and more PC owners have controllers because of indie platformers or popular titles like Assassin's Creed.

In my opinion WB should release a PC port because there is a market for the game there. Steam is very popular, a lot of gamers who were previously pirates are willing to spend serious money there just because they are used to having a game digitally without messing with physical discs. Everyone should benefit from a PC version as PC games can be sold digitally for years while a console title quickly has its run at stores and then interest towards it simply fades away. PC gamers value "legacy" titles a little more than console gamers, digital sales numbers confirm that. Of course there are technical benefits too, a PC port can have better graphics, higher resolutions and higher fps than what you have on a console.

Personally the thing that bothers me the most about this is that PC gamers basically have to beg for these titles to come out on their platform, even though a modern PC is highly capable of providing a great experience for these titles. Performance is not an issue with an Unreal Engine 3 game like Mortal Kombat, also you can use any controller you prefer to play the game with which make PC the most flexible and in my opinion the proper platform for a fighting game.

Last edited:
You are wrong on many levels, it seems you're not really into fighting games. Personally I would gladly buy MK9 for PC even if it was released these days and believe me, a lot of people think this way. After 14 years without this franchise on the platform PC gamers would jump on a new Mortal Kombat title. I don't miss the MK games after MK4 as almost all of them are horrible (a trend that started with MK4) and also I couldn't care less about the story of Mortal Kombat.

As to why Netherrealm did not release a PC version to MK9 I really have no clue but I can come up with two factors that they might interpret as a problem:

First: piracy. I don't think that piracy is that big of a factor here as these games are meant for multiplayer really, of course a lot of people would pirate it but mainly because they just want to try out the game to see if it's their thing or not. This is why you can't compare the number of pirated copies to sales: for example Street Fighter 4 was pirated as hell but a lot of people who downloaded the game just wanted to try it out and was scared off because of the game's complexity. Those guys are not potential buyers, not even the target audience to be honest. I bought Street Fighter 4 for my PC and play the Super one to this day and I'll buy SF X Tekken if I need some fresh content. Also Capcom stated that even though SF4 was a highly pirated game PC sales of it were reasonably good. What proves this to be correct is the fact that after SF4 Capcom released two more SF titles for PC, Super SF4 Arcade Edition and SF X Tekken.

Second: control issues. The thing is that these games really play well if you have a controller and in the past a lot of PC gamers neglected that fact, didn't buy a controller and simply could not learn the game mechanics properly, hence there was not much enjoyment to be found in fighting titles. This is not really a problem these days as more and more PC owners have controllers because of indie platformers or popular titles like Assassin's Creed.

In my opinion WB should release a PC port because there is a market for the game there. Steam is very popular, a lot of gamers who were previously pirates are willing to spend serious money there just because they are used to having a game digitally without messing with physical discs. Everyone should benefit from a PC version as PC games can be sold digitally for years while a console title quickly has its run at stores and then interest towards it simply fades away. PC gamers value "legacy" titles a little more than console gamers, digital sales numbers confirm that. Of course there are technical benefits too, a PC port can have better graphics, higher resolutions and higher fps than what you have on a console.

Personally the thing that bothers me the most about this is that PC gamers basically have to beg for these titles to come out on their platform, even though a modern PC is highly capable of providing a great experience for these titles. Performance is not an issue with an Unreal Engine 3 game like Mortal Kombat, also you can use any controller you prefer to play the game with which make PC the most flexible and in my opinion the proper platform for a fighting game.

yeah but ed boon is stupid....don't understand!

i think its absolutely foolish to NOT release MK9 on PC now. MK9 has been out on consoles for over 18 months now and have sold a ton of copies and DLC and prob wont sell much more. Now would be the perfect time to release it on PC and it would be amazing to see what ppl would be able to come up with and would give them ideas on what to do with MK10.

i think its absolutely foolish to NOT release MK9 on PC now. MK9 has been out on consoles for over 18 months now and have sold a ton of copies and DLC and prob wont sell much more. Now would be the perfect time to release it on PC and it would be amazing to see what ppl would be able to come up with and would give them ideas on what to do with MK10.

Yes it's totally nonsensical at this point. Some may argue that it was released so long ago that now it is pointless to port to PC but there are some examples that say that's not the case: for example Alan Wake was released 2 years after its initial console release, it had a stellar PC version and was very successful, the Xbox Oddworld titles were released like 8 and 5 years after the console release and they still sold a reasonable amount because the first two games have a strong PC fanbase.

The other thing that some console fans might not see is that today's PC hardware is so advanced compared to the old tech packed in a console that it's ridiculous. A PC version of MK9 would run on the necessary 60 fps on a 4 year old desktop hardware or on any laptop you can buy these days. What I love about the PC port of Super Street Fighter IV is that I can play it everywhere, I just plug in the controller to my laptop and I can just play Street Fighter when I don't have my desktop computer with me. Also it's just great how the PC version looks: even though SF4 is basically just a straight port to the PC without much graphical improvements (only a bit better shadows and some optional extra filters like the ink from the trailers) the 1080p Full HD resolution in itself makes the game look so much better then the console versions it's insane. MK9 would look so awesome in 1080p and bear in mind that PC gaming evolves all the time so I imagine that 5 years from now people would play MK9 on UHD resolutions... and that would be insane and I want to see that.

On a side note Big Picture Mode got its full release just now on Steam so you can control the Steam interface with a controller, and it's great. There's a lot of effort put into it and it looks and sounds awesome so if Valve put in so much time to make it this great of an experience they must know that a lot of people have controllers. One other great thing about this is that if you have a wireless HDMI connection you can just send the image from your monitor to your big screen TV. That provides a console gaming experience better than actual console gaming and without a console and it's just another example that PC is a constantly evolving gaming platform and it is always the future of gaming.

So Netherrealm / WB, reconsider your plans for a PC release and just do it because you also know that Europeans like myself like to buy PC games and here PC has the culture consoles have in the US.

walikor:
yeah but ed boon is stupid....don't understand!

Honestly I don't think Ed Boon has anything to do with this, choosing the platforms a game gets relased on is mainly a publisher decision, however I'm sure the guys at Netherrealm did not really push the idea of a PC release to Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment. I did not really find any way to contact Warner in a meaingful matter about this though so I started writing tweets to Ed Boon about the possibilites of a PC version. I advise that those of you who want this to happen do the same, just don't start harassing him too much because that's pointless.

Side note 2: According to WB / Netherrealm a PC version would flop and people are not interested in it yet this topic is always at the first page whenever I visit these boards and if you do a simple Google search on "Mortal Kombat 9 PC" you can find a ton of people asking for it. The ignorance level is just too damn high at WB / Netherrealm. Also the customer support is pretty bad at WB, last year I bought the PC Collector's Edition of Arkham City and had some DLC activation issue with it. When I wrote to support abot this they wrote me back that a PC Collector's Edition doesn't even exist and then they were like "oh sorry, we have those in Europe". That has the message to me that they treat PC in an unprofessional way and they don't know much about the consumer base.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't think Ed Boon has anything to do with this, choosing the platforms a game gets relased on is mainly a publisher decision, however I'm sure the guys at Netherrealm did not really push the idea of a PC release to Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment. I did not really find any way to contact Warner in a meaingful matter about this though so I started writing tweets to Ed Boon about the possibilites of a PC version. I advise that those of you who want this to happen do the same, just don't start harassing him too much because that's pointless.

Side note 2: According to WB / Netherrealm a PC version would flop and people are not interested in it yet this topic is always at the first page whenever I visit these boards and if you do a simple Google search on "Mortal Kombat 9 PC" you can find a ton of people asking for it. The ignorance level is just too damn high at WB / Netherrealm. Also the customer support is pretty bad at WB, last year I bought the PC Collector's Edition of Arkham City and had some DLC activation issue with it. When I wrote to support abot this they wrote me back that a PC Collector's Edition doesn't even exist and then they were like "oh sorry, we have those in Europe". That has the message to me that they treat PC in an unprofessional way and they don't know much about the consumer base.

ok but you don't remember when ed boon liked to make fun of with twitter...and i don't understand Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment they have release scribblenauts unlimited for pc (funny games :) ) but mortal kombat 9 no....

ok but you don't remember when ed boon liked to make fun of with twitter...and i don't understand Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment they have release scribblenauts unlimited for pc (funny games :) ) but mortal kombat 9 no....

I interpret Boon's tweets as proof that a PC version was planned at some stage of development but it looks like it's not likely to happen because recently he ignores posts about the port. MK is in a very bad place right now regarding the release of a PC port because they had bad luck with it in the past, back in the day Midway reported that not a single MK title was profitable on PC. That's the main reason why we have no MK9 on PC but WB shouldn't forget that we live in a different world now.

MK4, the last MK game that had a PC version came out in 1997-98 when piracy was uncontrollable and fighting games were ingored way more on the platform than they are now. It was the era when we had PC exclusive titles like Warcraft 2, Age of Empires, Heroes of Might & Magic, the original Command & Conquer games and a lot of FPS titles like Half-Life and Quake 2, these became so successful that fighting games simply had no place on the market back then so Midway stopped porting MK to PC just like every other publisher. It's also interesting to note that fighting games started to die off generally, Street Fighter III and PS2 MK games were nowhere near as successful as before.

Street Fighter IV brought another boom of the fighting genre and Capcom was clever enough to release a PC port based off the arcade version. As a result Super SFIV has a very strong PC community now and WB may think that there is no place for two fighters on PC but they should also know that the two franchises are aimed at different demographics. They said they'd consider a PC version if Street Fighter X Tekken becomes successful on PC and that didn't happen. However the thing about SFXT is that it's so bad it was a flop on all platforms so no company should come to conclusions based on that game.

The other thing that can lead to false conclusions is the MK Arcade Kollection which was released on PC. PC gamers always considered MK Trilogy as their favourite yet we get a package that doesn't include that. It's okay because that one never had an arcade version so has no right to be in the Kollection but its absence won't boost PC sales and that's for sure. :) It's also worth mentioning that a PC is not a console, you can still play the original first 3 games through DosBox without problems so re-releasing them in a package that has no notable extras won't earn you much money. I bought the Kollection because I'm a fan and it's easier to set up and run than through tinkering with DosBox but it still has no additional value compared to the originals and also the PC port is not without problems.

So overall it's safe to assume that MK9 would be in a different situation than SFXT and the MK Arcade Kollection, the game's high quality ensures that. Gameplay is top notch, graphics are awesome and it is the most refined MK game to date and PC gamers generally appreciate exceptionally good games aside from their genre, also the Unreal Engine provides a strong foundation of a good and easy port. We'll see what will happen in the coming months, however based on WB's recent bad business decisions they may end up releasing Injustice to PC, a title that a has little chance to be profitable on the platform. Anyway if that comes out I may end up buying the game just to beat up Superman with Batman. :D

Street Fighter X Tekken number one on the Steam Top Sellers list:
fighting.jpg

This happens with every Street Fighter game every time there's a sale, SSFIV AE also made it to the top 10 at the Autumn Sale even though a lot of other titles were on a discount at the same time. This shows to me that PC gamers are interested in the fighting genre, they just don't know what to expect gameplay-wise so they are not spending full price.

You are wrong on many levels, it seems you're not really into fighting games.

The first part I will deal with, the second part has nothing to do with anything I've said. AT ALL.

Personally I would gladly buy MK9 for PC even if it was released these days and believe me, a lot of people think this way.

Keep thinking that. Remember that petition thing they started? Apparently it wasn't enough for NR to even start considering the idea of porting to PC. They are wise to do so too, as PC players such as myself would never forget all the previous titles we were left without, apparently you are the one who "aren't really into fighting games" or PC gaming in general.

After 14 years without this franchise on the platform PC gamers would jump on a new Mortal Kombat title.

Okay, that's hilarious. Go check out SF4 on PC. Game is barely alive now. Nobody "jumped on it" too. Only a whooping of 962 players recommend this game on Steam.

Ahahaha. I can't even imagine on what kind of FAIL PC MK9 is going to be. Add on top the fact that Arcade Edition was so poorly ported nothing guarantees that MK9 is not going to have such issues.

I don't miss the MK games after MK4 as almost all of them are horrible (a trend that started with MK4) and also I couldn't care less about the story of Mortal Kombat.

Speak for yourself, then.

Not that I already haven't given you the reasons why, but here goes...

PC gamers have TASTE. Why do you think a lot of people buy and support developers, lets say, Valve, whereas never have I pirated any of their games, and tons, and I mean TONS of players share the same story. Why? Because they actually CARE for their player base and customers. NR here did not give a shit about PC MK all the way after MK4, therefore why should PC gamer do the vice versa? What exactly have they done to actually win over the PC crowd? NOTHING. Poorly executed console ports are seriously not appreciated on the PC, and with the recent MK-to-PC port everything has been set into stone. There are no standards for QUALITY, apparently.

Other than that, piracy excuse is awful and should not be used or considered. I already explained why and it seems you actually agree with me.

That's...just...laziness. PC oriented RTS gets ported to consoles, which require a lot of hotkey controls and whatnot, yet are quite successful, same goes with FPS. I for one can't imagine playing counter-strike on a console, but yet there should be an issue with the MK9 controls?? A game which requires only buttons/keys to control and no other peripherals aka a mouse to play?? How does that work? If you are so attached to the controller, then get a PC compatible controller and stick with it. How hard is that?

In my opinion WB should release a PC port because there is a market for the game there.

It's going to be drained down the shitter, trust me on this one. They will get most minimal profit.

Steam is very popular, a lot of gamers who were previously pirates are willing to spend serious money there just because they are used to having a game digitally without messing with physical discs.

A suggestion made to NRS a billion times; yet nothing has came out from it.

Everyone should benefit from a PC version as PC games can be sold digitally for years while a console title quickly has its run at stores and then interest towards it simply fades away. PC gamers value "legacy" titles a little more than console gamers, digital sales numbers confirm that. Of course there are technical benefits too, a PC port can have better graphics, higher resolutions and higher fps than what you have on a console.

Too bad NRS doesn't care, eh?

PC dominates on the performance and quality part. You definitely won't need a "modern" PC to run an UE3 game. But that also depends on the quality of the port itself. Something I have no hopes NRS will do properly.

I agree on that NR showed nothing positive towards PC gamers, that's a fact but I'm also pretty sure that their publisher, Warner Brothers is responsible for the game not appearing on PC. As for how the quality of PC port would look like I'm not that worried because the game barely uses the potentials the Unreal Engine provides so even a bad port would run okay on today's machines.

As for Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition I don't know where your informations come from but the PC port is great in my opinion. I have 170 fps on avarage in the benchmark with all settings on maximum in 1080p and I don't have a top of the market machine. Of course the actual gameplay stays locked at 60 fps but in a competitive fighting game that's how it should be. Graphics quality is also okay, it's not the most beautiful game on the market, textures are quite low res when the camera zooms in to the characters and 1080p resolution is just upscaled from 720p but overall the game looks and runs nice and that's all I want from a PC port. Matchmaking is also quite nice and lag is minimal, you just have to make sure you're playing with someone who's not on the opposite side of the world.

Also what you say on the number of people playing the game is simply not correct. Yeah, the original Street Fighter 4 barely has players these days but that's because everyone migrated to the Arcade Edition. The Arcade Edition has a large playerbase, I've never had problems finding people to play with, actually to me it seems more and more gamers are playing the game.

As for controls: it's not laziness at all. As you've accurately pointed out a controller has a very low number of buttons to press and actually that's why playing a fighting game with a controller is easy. The problem with using a keyboard is that you have so many buttons so close to each other that you are reguralry pushing the wrong buttons if you have to push the right button very fast. SF4 tried to do its best by putting the controls on the keypad but that does not really help you out when you are playing against a good player: you will just push the wrong button at some point and lose the match because of it. A controller is designed in a way that you can easily access all of the controls so you'll be just faster with it. I tried playing SF4 with a keyboard and I was very, very bad so I say a controller (or if you're hardcore, a fightstick) is a must for these games, don't even buy a figting game if you don't have a decent gamepad and you want to play online.

As for PC gamers having taste, well I kinda argue with that after seeing how many copies WarZ sold before it was shut down by Valve. :D What of course a game needs to be successful on the platform is proper support and a good port. I don't think that PC gamers hate the devs of Mortal Kombat, I've never seen any evidence pointing me to that conclusion. All I saw was people asking for a PC version of MK. :) I also didn't like the fact that I was left out of the PS2 era of MK games but I played all of them last year (on PC using an emulator I might add because nowadays a good PS2 emulator runs those games on 60 fps withouth any problems) and they are quite bad. The story is ridiculous and the fighting mechanics are too slow, they are far from the more refined titles like MK3. Also MK9 is a semi-reboot of the story so we didn't miss much and that's why I don't understand MK9 not havng a PC version: because of resetting the story it is the perfect game to jump into the series as a newcomer or a person who missed out on some of the MK games.

I agree on that NR showed nothing positive towards PC gamers, that's a fact but I'm also pretty sure that their publisher, Warner Brothers is responsible for the game not appearing on PC.

I have never seen WB saying "nope, we don't wanna do this for PC", only seen tweets of NRS stating that.

As for how the quality of PC port would look like I'm not that worried because the game barely uses the potentials the Unreal Engine provides so even a bad port would run okay on today's machines.

Still does not matter. There are a lot of console port games which are based on popular engines and still are ported over so poorly that a dozen of patches are needed to get it to work properly.

As for Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition I don't know where your informations come from but the PC port is great in my opinion. I have 170 fps on avarage in the benchmark with all settings on maximum in 1080p and I don't have a top of the market machine. Of course the actual gameplay stays locked at 60 fps but in a competitive fighting game that's how it should be. Graphics quality is also okay, it's not the most beautiful game on the market, textures are quite low res when the camera zooms in to the characters and 1080p resolution is just upscaled from 720p but overall the game looks and runs nice and that's all I want from a PC port. Matchmaking is also quite nice and lag is minimal, you just have to make sure you're playing with someone who's not on the opposite side of the world.

I didn't actually say anything about SF4 and its quality...I was talking about MK.

Also what you say on the number of people playing the game is simply not correct. Yeah, the original Street Fighter 4 barely has players these days but that's because everyone migrated to the Arcade Edition. The Arcade Edition has a large playerbase, I've never had problems finding people to play with, actually to me it seems more and more gamers are playing the game.

I've just checked Steam Stats. The game at the bottom of the list ATM is Batman Arkham City GOTY with 396 players online and 859 at peak. Street Fighter Arcade Edition is no where seen in that list.

The game is barely alive.

As for controls: it's not laziness at all. As you've accurately pointed out a controller has a very low number of buttons to press and actually that's why playing a fighting game with a controller is easy. The problem with using a keyboard is that you have so many buttons so close to each other that you are reguralry pushing the wrong buttons if you have to push the right button very fast. SF4 tried to do its best by putting the controls on the keypad but that does not really help you out when you are playing against a good player: you will just push the wrong button at some point and lose the match because of it. A controller is designed in a way that you can easily access all of the controls so you'll be just faster with it. I tried playing SF4 with a keyboard and I was very, very bad so I say a controller (or if you're hardcore, a fightstick) is a must for these games, don't even buy a figting game if you don't have a decent gamepad and you want to play online.

Yes, it is laziness. First of all, the ability to change the binds on the keyboard to suit the user should be an essential option. It will be up to the user to get used to it, but at least provide the option. Secondly, if you wanna go all competitive, and you suck with the keyboard, get a controller/game pad/whatever. This is natural. Take BF3 for example, Jet pilots with a Joystick are more accurate and can control the speed more to do sharper turns than the keyboard/mouse people. Still a lot of people do very well with keyboard and mouse given they have time to get used to it. Same would happen with fighting games, as long as we are given the options to customize the controls to our needs, getting used to it and do good is not the concern of the developer, it should be the concern of the player.

As for PC gamers having taste, well I kinda argue with that after seeing how many copies WarZ sold before it was shut down by Valve. :D

Bad console ports is not of a taste for you?

What of course a game needs to be successful on the platform is proper support and a good port. I don't think that PC gamers hate the devs of Mortal Kombat, I've never seen any evidence pointing me to that conclusion. All I saw was people asking for a PC version of MK. :)

Seen plenty, too lazy to dig it up.

I also didn't like the fact that I was left out of the PS2 era of MK games but I played all of them last year (on PC using an emulator I might add because nowadays a good PS2 emulator runs those games on 60 fps withouth any problems) and they are quite bad. The story is ridiculous and the fighting mechanics are too slow, they are far from the more refined titles like MK3.

I know, I did the same. The games did blow, but the fact still remains: we were left without them while others enjoyed it.

Also MK9 is a semi-reboot of the story so we didn't miss much and that's why I don't understand MK9 not havng a PC version: because of resetting the story it is the perfect game to jump into the series as a newcomer or a person who missed out on some of the MK games.

I am not concerned about missing something story related. A quick read on the Internetz can fill it in. I am concerned about the developer shafting the PC crowd, preferring the console crowd for a long time, then yet again ignoring the requests of the said shafted audience.