Umk3 Again?!?

MoonEye821

I know I may sound like the endless complainer, but what is everyone's love affair with UMK3? Here we have the DS, which is basically a portable N64. A perfect opportunity to try MKT again. What do we get? We get UMK3? Didn't Midway already try this with bad results with Mortal Kombat Advance? Why go through the trouble of porting the game, and not picking the better version of it? I will never understand this.

Well it's done well time and time again, so why not? MK Trilogy is a broken game, it would take forever to make it acceptable. I would've liked something original instead, like an existing 3D MK with 2D graphics, that could've been cool.

Well it's done well time and time again, so why not? MK Trilogy is a broken game, it would take forever to make it acceptable. I would've liked something original instead, like an existing 3D MK with 2D graphics, that could've been cool.

Mortal Kombat Advance sucked, but yes, other ports of UMK3 have done great. UMK3 is incomplete, and I agree with you that MKT is broken. But wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity to take the extra mile and fix MKT, rather than just play it safe with UMK3?

Thats why you should bug Nintendo to release the N64 version of MKT on the Virtual Console.

Perhaps, but that would be against progress. The N64 Version of MKT was by far and away the most broken of all of the versions. It is a toss up between the PS1 and the PC version on which one is the closest to not being broken. But both fall short of perfect by quite a bit. MKT SHOULD have been like Hyper Street Fighter 2, where you could pick every version of every characters. And, it should have had all the moves and all the backgrounds. We are missing, even on the best version, some backgrounds, some moves, and we only have the latest versions of the characters, and classic looks for only four. I understand that this was done because of the limitations of the Audio CD format, 700MB. But, with continued, and to be honest reinvigorated interest in the classic MK games, why not make MKT what it really SHOULD have been from the start? A true blue compilation game, not just an update to an update. To be frank, I would love to see a MKT Arcade game, granted, that's unlikely to happen too.

Last edited:
Mortal Kombat Advance sucked, but yes, other ports of UMK3 have done great. UMK3 is incomplete, and I agree with you that MKT is broken. But wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity to take the extra mile and fix MKT, rather than just play it safe with UMK3?

Mark my word, if they could make a flawless version of MK Trilogy I would gobble it up no worries, but then people would complain that Rain and Noob Saibot have been destroyed.

MK Advance is one of the reasons I don't really like handheld gaming much. Ports are terrible ussually, this could be the definitive handheld MK.

We need a true MKT. One with Both Chameleons, and the boss fatalities of the N64 version but the quality of the PS1 version. Maybe, just for a laugh, add Quan Chi, Kia, Jataaka, Sareena and Fujin from MKM, It would rule. I think MK Gold would make a decent DS game too, maybe with more characters added, even if it's just pallet swaps like Smoke, Khameleon, Ermac, Rain etc. The bottom screen could display special moves activated when you press them, or when you draw certain patterns like the Wii MKA. There are great possibilities.

Perhaps, but that would be against progress. The N64 Version of MKT was by far and away the most broken of all of the versions. It is a toss up between the PS1 and the PC version on which one is the closest to not being broken. But both fall short of perfect by quite a bit. MKT SHOULD have been like Hyper Street Fighter 2, where you could pick every version of every characters. And, it should have had all the moves and all the backgrounds. We are missing, even on the best version, some backgrounds, some moves, and we only have the latest versions of the characters, and classic looks for only four. I understand that this was done because of the limitations of the Audio CD format, 700MB. But, with continued, and to be honest reinvigorated interest in the classic MK games, why not make MKT what it really SHOULD have been from the start? A true blue compilation game, not just an update to an update. To be frank, I would love to see a MKT Arcade game, granted, that's unlikely to happen too.

I totally, totally agree and I share your same thoughts and opinions on this....MKT should have the best 2-d fighter for MK....but instead of going back....I'd rather see a new MK 2-d game with characters from the 3-D games. Imagine fighting with a 2-d Kenshi with his force moves a'la UMK3 Ermac his sword moves a'la Kabal....oh snap that would rule.

Yes,

Or they can make an updated version of MKT where that one guy said with both Chameleons and such, also have Shinnok, Quan Chi, Kia, Sereena, Jataaka, Suijin, Kajin, Fujin, and Chijin in the game since technically MKM was like a Mortal Kombat Zero, kinda like how they have the Street Fighter Zero games and all...

Yeah, its the same game over and over again. Unless they either update graphics or add something new, its not worth them keep releasing any of the old games.

Personnelly, if they ARE going to release them, but not MKT, why don't they make them into one cartridge?