Please, no more DLC characters from future MK's

Leave the storyline intact and save the characters for the next game. People are asking for Reiko, Shinnok, Fujin, Tanya...etc.

Just leave them for the next game since they are the main characters in the next one.

After Rain, release cyber smoke and maybe Motoro as a FREE DLC end boss and finish it.

That would complete all the characters from MK1-UMK3.

Sorry Just my opinion.

Screw waiting for the next game. This is the game people have been waiting for. Give us those kharacters now. I'm tired of ppl saying wait for the next game. We dont even know what kharacters are gonna be left out now that so many of our favorites are dead now. This game has all of our favorites and now is the time to add to this game. Give us more kharacters,stages,fatalities,friendships,skins and game modes like Survivor and Vs CPU.

Agree.
This must be the "definitive mortal kombat. at least for 5 years more, with DLC as characters, story and new arenas as well"
If mk 10 happens in future, i wanna "new generations of characters, maybe sub and scorpion to hold the esencia".
I wanna reiko, fujin, havik in this mk. i wanna see them as 2D fighters. at least one time in my life.

i agree. for the most part i only want mk1-umk3 characters. that was what they created this game for. i'm okay with quan chi and if shinnok gets in as dlc but thats it really.

Agree.
This must be the "definitive mortal kombat. at least for 5 years more, with DLC as characters, story and new arenas as well"
If mk 10 happens in future, i wanna "new generations of characters, maybe sub and scorpion to hold the esencia".
I wanna reiko, fujin, havik in this mk. i wanna see them as 2D fighters. at least one time in my life.
i NEVER want to see another 3d or crossover from mk.

Disagree...

DLC has nothing to do with story, people is digging to much on this story stuff, just enjoy the new chars in versus.

Who doesnt want them and wants to keep their game "intact" just dont buy them, but dont quit other people the option to enjoy new chars, just because you have issues with it.

Oddly enough, this reasoning should work with Exclusive Guests, but doesn't....

And Skarlet would have made a fantastic secret character. I mean, Noob? Jade? Smoke? Why the hell were they the secret characters? They're part of the starting roster! Skarlet would have been perfect.

I agree with this. Skarlet would have been perfect for a secret fighter. I could also perhaps see Kenshi and even some of the other background characters as cool secret fights as well. I mean it's cool to be able to fight classic, Reptile, Smoke, Noob and Jade for nostalgia but it doesn't feel as special. Skarlet being the new character would have been great as a secret fight for getting a Double Flawless on Shang.

That being said I'm glad to be getting her for download at least.

As for Shinnok I don't care either way if he's becomes available via DLC or not. While I expect he'll be a major antagonist, I wouldn't be surprised to see Onaga in the next game aswell (but again that's just me) so I think Shinnok could have some competition on who will be the main baddie in MK10. I think them setting up Shinnok for MK10 is just peice of MK10's story. Again though that's just me.

Leave the storyline intact and save the characters for the next game. People are asking for Reiko, Shinnok, Fujin, Tanya...etc.

Just leave them for the next game since they are the main characters in the next one.

After Rain, release cyber smoke and maybe Motoro as a FREE DLC end boss and finish it.

That would complete all the characters from MK1-UMK3.

Sorry Just my opinion.

that doesn't mean anything. i hate people who whine about keeping everything for the next game. the DLC have nothing to do with the MK9 story or how it effects MK10. Netherrealm has great potential and ideas they can think about new characters for the next game. i mean cyber subby and skralet are new and they turned out great. also everyone who died can be a character for the next game but they dont have to be part of the story

I can't believe yet another person is saying leave it for the next game, it's supposed to be a new story, let em fly with it jesus

since its DLC, just do it. if people want to wait on playing characters don't DL them, i think DLC gives NRS a great opportunity to bring in characters who will be in the next games. It would be awesome for them to flesh out MK4 characters, then we can get them as DLC and they will be ready for MK10.

Just because a character is in MK9 doesn't mean they can't be in MK10.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero, anyone?

my thoughts exactly. just because a character is in this game doesn't mean they can't be in the next game. lol

haha yeh if you wanna be losers and sit there without all the cool new characters then you guys can, enjoy it :)

But instead, your complaining over and over again while annoying everyone else about less content.

Less content? What are you people asking for? How bout we all just go back a generation of video games to a more limited amount of data so that you can keep your precious story. Or if you people don't want any new characters and just want the old characters then WHY DON'T YOU JUST PLAY THE OLD GAMES. Idiots.

Last edited:
The only one I can understand not having as DLC is Shinnok (though I want him in anyway) but there would be no good reason not to have any other characters. People need to stop seeing DLC as canon, it's added content to make the game more fun that's all, nothing more nothing less.

The only one I can understand not having as DLC is Shinnok (though I want him in anyway) but there would be no good reason not to have any other characters. People need to stop seeing DLC as canon, it's added content to make the game more fun that's all, nothing more nothing less.

^^^^^^This

I completely agree with Ricochetmatt.

When I first heard that Shinnok was potentially DLC, I was legit pissed. As a huge fan of characters like Kai/Tanya/Fujin/Havik/Hotaru, it is tempting to want to play as them as soon as possible, but I would rather they were saved for a future installment where their potential is properly utilized. We had a little taste of what Fujin and Havik would look like in the future and I think that's a great way to keep us guessing on their inclusion in the next game.

I keep saying it but MK isn't like other fighter games. Including as many characters as possible for DLC harms future installments of the series. Part of what makes MK so different is its focus on the storyline and I think if you mess with that too much, you're losing a large part of your audience.

I totally agree that it is crazy to think that there should be no new characters, who to say that there wont be new characters, say lIKE Bob the shokan ( jusk kidding there wont be a bob the shokan

I could see them adding Tanya, Frost, Sareena, Reiko and Daegon since their models are apparently already in the game

Not quite. If they're made into playable characters, they would need new models and textures.

Those models seen in The Pit are lower quality than those of regular MK9 fighters, and their textures are from the PS2 era. Frost's appearance alone hasn't changed in 9 years.