360 achievements listed:

Spoiler:
I only have one tiny concern abdout Cyber-Sub. If he is just some fun throw in then it kind of takes some punch away from the concept and it kind of takes some of the importance away from the idea. Just like if they ever made any other serious alteration to a character like this. Like if they made Jax a ninja, or made Sektor a human.

Personally, I think they can make it a legit switch, and this is coming from a lifelong SZ fan. I think weve seen every incarnation of the character and something like this would be interesting.

Also, where is the fan art concept of this???

Spoiler:
The idea that they just "threw him in non-storyline" makes little sense to me.
If people end up liking the character alot he will have to return to other MKs by popular demand. Why wouldn't they give him a story? It's unlikely that the MK staff would do that. Even Mokap had a damn storyline.

One way or another Cyber Zero will be part of the story. And with a name like "Cyber Sub Zero" I'm going to say its safe to guess it has something to do with Sub Zero. I really do believe that its Hydro though. It just makes the most sense considering the MK team wouldn't just kill off Noob and Sub Zero after making such a glorious effort to personalize them for the fans. This game is a fan service, they wouldn't even dare do that, think about it.

Hydro was Sub's best friend when they were learning all the ice nonsense. Maybe the name "Cyber Sub Zero" is the name all the other fighters refer to him as because he freezes like Sub Zero but doesn't have his own name yet. Remember how Lupinko's leak said "lady in red"? Lupinko said that she had no name for some reason. I doubt it'll say "lady in red" on the Health Bar. She's clearly a secret character too, so maybe this nameless thing is a trend. Chew on that for a little.

Hydro has such a randomly big fanbase that it seems logical to think that the MK staff would think of him when thinking of new characters to add in. Hydro's vids have hundreds of thousands of views on youtube.... that's saying something.

Spoiler:
The idea that they just "threw him in non-storyline" makes little sense to me.
If people end up liking the character alot he will have to return to other MKs by popular demand. Why wouldn't they give him a story? It's unlikely that the MK staff would do that. Even Mokap had a damn storyline.

One way or another Cyber Zero will be part of the story. And with a name like "Cyber Sub Zero" I'm going to say its safe to guess it has something to do with Sub Zero. I really do believe that its Hydro though. It just makes the most sense considering the MK team wouldn't just kill off Noob and Sub Zero after making such a glorious effort to personalize them for the fans. This game is a fan service, they wouldn't even dare do that, think about it.

Hydro was Sub's best friend when they were learning all the ice nonsense. Maybe the name "Cyber Sub Zero" is the name all the other fighters refer to him as because he freezes like Sub Zero but doesn't have his own name yet. Remember how Lupinko's leak said "lady in red"? Lupinko said that she had no name for some reason. I doubt it'll say "lady in red" on the Health Bar. She's clearly a secret character too, so maybe this nameless thing is a trend. Chew on that for a little.

Hydro has such a randomly big fanbase that it seems logical to think that the MK staff would think of him when thinking of new characters to add in. Hydro's vids have hundreds of thousands of views on youtube.... that's saying something.

Spoiler:

Not to say that Hydro completely has no chance, but I would believe it much more if the achievement Cold Fusion (Cyber Sub-Zero) had "'s round it like it does, and Quan Chi's achievement didn't have quotes around his name, that would make it seem like they more hinting at a "Cyber Sub-Zero" like sarcasm. But Quan Chi has quotes round his name as well.

Let's think about the name of the achievement, though. Cold Fusion. The cold part is obvious. Fusion is in real life is the process by which two or more atomic nuclei join together, or "fuse", to form a single heavier nucleus. Okay, it may not be taken literally, but it more or less is saying two things -> single thing. Maybe this gives us some hints of this through the story mode, like Sub-Zero's body + cyborg body = Cyber Sub-Zero in the cyborg laboratory lupinko mentioned being in the game.

I think if Hydro was the Cyber Sub-Zero, they would just call him Hydro since he has such a fan-base. If they are worried about Hydro being Sub-Zero's friend retconning some of the story, then perhaps he could be in there with a new backstory. I guess we won't know until the game comes out. Hydro has a fanbase like Tremor, it's funny how two characters that have barely got anything to do with the series can have a popular fanbase.

In essence, I think this Cyber Sub-Zero will have a temporary story in the story mode, but by some means Sub-Zero will become non-cyborg again by the end of the story. That way it doesn't seem like Cyber Sub-Zero is replacing him, if it is indeed him. I hope it is Hydro, it would be much better for the fans of Sub-Zero and get us a new potentially kick-ass character!

Spoiler:
I see what your saying Kels but my whole thing is the "lady in red" character didn't have a name either. They called her lady in red because probably her name isn't obvious at first and people just call her by what they see in the background of levels... a lady in red. And when you look at a robot that freezes stuff what do you call him? "freeze cyborg"? Nah.... I think it'd be best to call something you saw like that "Cyber Sub Zero". Even if you clearly knew it wasn't actually Sub Zero.
Think about it.

Every character that has been a super secret thusfar(Jade, Smoke, Reptile, Khameleon) has become a part of the main cast in the games following it. The MK team has never made a character that just doesn't play into the story and only appears for 1 game after being a secret character. He's definitely part of the story. And I'm pretttttty sure he's Hydro. That dude is waaaaaaaaaay too popular for this there to be another cyborg who freezes people out of nowhere. A freezing cyborg is already Hydro. I don't think they'd make ANOTHER freezing cyborg out of actual Sub Zero and completely stump the chance of Hydro(who is super super popular) of being in the game.

I think I'm going to say it... I'm positive that it's Hydro at this point.

Spoiler:
I see what your saying Kels but my whole thing is the "lady in red" character didn't have a name either. They called her lady in red because probably her name isn't obvious at first and people just call her by what they see in the background of levels... a lady in red. And when you look at a robot that freezes stuff what do you call him? "freeze cyborg"? Nah.... I think it'd be best to call something you saw like that "Cyber Sub Zero". Even if you clearly knew it wasn't actually Sub Zero.
Think about it.

Every character that has been a super secret thusfar(Jade, Smoke, Reptile, Khameleon) has become a part of the main cast in the games following it. The MK team has never made a character that just doesn't play into the story and only appears for 1 game after being a secret character. He's definitely part of the story. And I'm pretttttty sure he's Hydro. That dude is waaaaaaaaaay too popular for this there to be another cyborg who freezes people out of nowhere. A freezing cyborg is already Hydro. I don't think they'd make ANOTHER freezing cyborg out of actual Sub Zero and completely stump the chance of Hydro(who is super super popular) of being in the game.

I think I'm going to say it... I'm positive that it's Hydro at this point.

Spoiler:
Oh god, this won't involve more ranch dressing, will it? Once again, I hope you are right though. I'm not too peachy in seeing one of my favourite characters turn into a cyborg for experimental purposes.

I just remembered, there really isn't any limit to what the game developers can put in a trophy/achievement. It could be as a joke, whatever. I remember seeing the flower trophies a while back that give no details whatsoever:
http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/flower/trophies/
So I guess it's up to their imagination.

Well, I know lupinko called her a lady in red, but maybe because it was simply not implemented for her to have a name yet. I'm sure she will if she's in the final version, but for now we have no clue what her "real" name could be, apart from Skarlet.

I do agree with you, having a freezing cyborg, that gives a chance for Hydro to make an appearance. It would be like having Ermac split one of his souls into another body and being able to control earth elements, and not calling him Tremor.

Haha the people here are dealing with the spoilers quite well compared to MKO. It's a flood of tears down there.

Trust me, I know, I was the one to first post it up there lol.

Well, I'll have to see that one *idea* before I say if it's good or not. Everything else though is awesome there though.

Trust me, I know, I was the one to first post it up there lol.

Well, I'll have to see that one *idea* before I say if it's good or not. Everything else though is awesome there though.

Ya, I noticed it was you so I decided to check in and ended up posting.

Spoiler:
At first I was pretty pissed but given time to think I've calmed a bit. If it's Hydro then I'm pretty happy! If it's just Noob's original body then I don't mind either. If it's just a what if then that's pretty lame to make a character out of it. As long as it's not supposed to be either of the brothers (because we've already seen them) then I won't be that bothered.

As somebody else has pointed out, I'm sure he'll look great. Hopefully they give him original moves too and he could turn out pretty cool :)

Ok after calming down I have came back and looked at them again and I don't think any of them are the End Game reward and here is why. Look at the points for each of them. None of them are more than 20 points.
Spoiler:

Complet-ality (10 points)
Perform 1 of each type of "-ality"

Finish Him? (10 points)
Perform any fighter's hidden finishing move

Hide and Seek (10 points)
Discover and fight Hidden Kombatant 2 in Arcade Ladder

Pit Master (10 points)
Discover and fight Hidden Kombatant 3 in Arcade Ladder

Brotherhood of Shadow (20 points)
Discover and fight Hidden Kombatant 4 in Arcade Ladder

Ultimate Humiliation (20 points)
Perform every fighter's hidden finishing move

Quan-Tease (20 points)
Unlock Hidden Fighter "Quan Chi"

You Found Me! (10 points)
Discover and fight Hidden Kombatant 1 in Arcade Ladder

Cold Fusion (20 points)
Unlock Hidden Fighter "Cyber Sub-Zero"

Best...Alternate...Ever! (10 points)
Unlock Mileena's 3rd Alternate Costume

Now look at some of the other 50 achievements.

Wavenet... (80 points)
Win 100 total Online Matches

Outstanding! (60 points)
Win 10 Ranked Online Matches in a row

There Will Be Blood! (40 points)
Spill 10000 pints of blood

Back In Time... (20 points)
Complete Story Mode 100%

The Competitor (30 points)
Complete 200 Versus matches (online OR offline)

Arcade Champion (40 points)
Complete Arcade Ladder with All Fighters

Finish What You Start! (60 points)
Perform a Fatality with all playable fighters

My Kung Fu Is Stronger (60 points)
Gain Mastery of All Fighters

Sure some of those are going to be a real pain in the ass to get but they are hyping End Game to be the end all be all of MK challenges so why wouldn't it be worth more than going all the way through story mode? I know every one of us are going to play through the story mode.

Also on a side note. One of them seems really obvious now but the excitement got the best of me.
Spoiler:
Finish Him? (10 points)
Perform any fighter's hidden finishing move
That has to be friendships. It don't say ality and the question mark really makes it seem like they don't die.

Hmm I don't think so...
Spoiler:
In the interview Boon gave to gamespot, he was asked for friendships and babalities and he said that it was like a more serious MK... so no FS

Hmm I don't think so...
Spoiler:
In the interview Boon gave to gamespot, he was asked for friendships and babalities and he said that it was like a more serious MK... so no FS

He said if they were in the game, they would be hidden and he wouldn't talk about them. *hint* *hint*

Darn, didn't get the spoiler thing right. Anyway, like the split personality thing regarding you-know-who. However, I have a question. People keep mentioning another ninja. He's from the comics, right? How much of him, if anything, was considered cannon?

Last edited:
This is the reason why I signed here instead of MKO, most people here can have a normal conversation without freaking out and crying about it.

Kelsper- things over there are insane, I read most of it and I just can't believe how childish people are being over there, especially that Razor dude...he's acting like this is the end of the world and he's going to kill himself.

Anyway here's what most people don't seem to realize about these achievements:

Spoiler:

Why do people think that Jade, Noob etc will be locked because of these achievements? in no way does it says "Discover and Fight Hidden Kombatant __ in Arcade Ladder to UNLOCK him" this is more obvious by looking at the other character related achievements that they clearly state UNLOCK Hidden Figher/Custome.

As for Cyborg Sub Zero, this can be something that happens in the story and later resolved (like Cyrax ending in MKG were he's turned human once again) and might end up being just an Alternate Costume to Sub Zero, I'm pretty sure that one of the alternate costumes to Sektor/Cyrax will be their human form. so the same goes with Sub.

As for mileena's costume I think that it's going to be the way she looked when she came out of the flesh pits, with something covering her parts.

For what? I only mentioned one name of a known character. I'll try to edit my post. Also, you don't have to be a tool about it. Hell of a welcome for a new member.

Some of us welcome new members in different ways, he yells at them, I watch you while you take showers, different strokes I guess.

Also by putting that characters name, you kind of gave it away. Although if people didn't want to see spoilers then they should stay off of game news site, but whatever.

Welcome BTW :)