360 achievements listed:

Agreed, if people dont like something, then they are entitled to not like it. Simple as that, stop trying to convince people to stop complaining about something they dont like, that may actually impact this game in some ways. Like I said in my earlier post, as long as IT is not part of the storyline and its just for giggles, then it wont be so bad.

I agree with you on the last part Taj Gill, but like Kratos, it is still going to take a feel away. This on is taking away the Sub-Zero feel.

This is really bad bekause this means another Sub-zero and maybe just MAYBE another screw up in the MK storyline!

Spoiler:
Why has everyone already assumed that Older SZ will be Cyborg? It's simply a possibility, and even so, IMO it's much more likely that Young SZ will turn Cyborg instead. As he was the one that was actually targeted for automation. That's assuming Cyborg SZ even has anything to do with the story. You guys should wait until the game is actually released before getting worked up over speculation.

PS:
The Story mode goes for 15 hours. There has to be a lot of twists and turns to fill up that whole 15 hours. The one thing you can definitely expect is the unexpected. The fact that the story is changing has got me excited, not aggravated. I can't understand why some of you feel the opposite way.

Last edited:
I agree with you on the last part Taj Gill, but like Kratos, it is still going to take a feel away. This on is taking away the Sub-Zero feel.

This is really bad bekause this means another Sub-zero and maybe just MAYBE another screw up in the MK storyline!

Well hopefully this is a new character IF its in the storyline and Sub-Zero/Noob wont be affected at all. Best case is if they just keep it as a fun thing. The next best case is that if they do expand, then hes a new character altogether. However, worst case is if Noob or Kuai Liang becomes/gets replaced by this ****head.

Spoiler:
Sub-Zero is in the game. Noob Saibot is in the game. Based on their audio clips and videos, they are the same Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot that the MK universe has known for years. Am I the only one missing the point in all of the complaining? You have the two characters you know and love -- they have not changed, or so it seems. If it does fit into the story, it is likely that Cyber Sub is the tattered husk of Noob Saibot -- his former fleshy cove, if you will. So, in summation, what is the problem? One of my favorite characters isn't even going to be in this game, and you guys have three versions of your guy, so what's the deal? Why are thy panties a-twist?

@Blackcyborg I know you said not to ask how you found out about it a week ago but may I ask did you see the pics that come with the secret achievements or was it the printable version as well with no pics? They could potently clear up a lot of the questions that I have about this

Well hopefully this is a new character IF its in the storyline and Sub-Zero/Noob wont be affected at all. Best case is if they just keep it as a fun thing. The next best case is that if they do expand, then hes a new character altogether. However, worst case is if Noob or Kuai Liang becomes/gets replaced by this ****head.

If this is a character apart of the story, I hope it is the Lin Kuei's attepmt to trick YSZ into thinking it is his brother and then YSZ meets Noob Saibot and knows that fridge was a lie. And ahhh I would seriously seriously seriously hate that!! Who the **** will be Noob Saibot then? Ughh this got me so mind ****ed!

Spoiler:
Sub-Zero is in the game. Noob Saibot is in the game. Based on their audio clips and videos, they are the same Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot that the MK universe has known for years. Am I the only one missing the point in all of the complaining? You have the two characters you know and love -- they have not changed, or so it seems. If it does fit into the story, it is likely that Cyber Sub is the tattered husk of Noob Saibot -- his former fleshy cove, if you will. So, in summation, what is the problem? One of my favorite characters isn't even going to be in this game, and you guys have three versions of your guy, so what's the deal? Why are thy panties a-twist?

Because like any fan of a long running franchise they're afraid of change. I say bring it on. Shake things up!

@Blackcyborg I know you said not to ask how you found out about it a week ago but may I ask did you see the pics that come with the secret achievements or was it the printable version as well with no pics? They could potently clear up a lot of the questions that I have about this

I had no idea of the achievements, I have not seen a pic or anything.

Because like any fan of a long running franchise they're afraid of change. I say bring it on. Shake things up!

That's just it, though: it's not a change at all.
Spoiler:
Going to the arcades and seeing Sub-Zero as a white dude with suspenders was a change, as was not seeing Scorpion on the roster. They've still got Sub-Zero AND Noob Saibot, both of whom are their same characters from the originals -- judging by their videos -- in addition to this interesting new iteration of Sub-Zero. It's much ado about nothing, really.

That's just it, though: it's not a change at all.
Spoiler:
Going to the arcades and seeing Sub-Zero as a white dude with suspenders was a change, as was not seeing Scorpion on the roster. They've still got Sub-Zero AND Noob Saibot, both of whom are their same characters from the originals -- judging by their videos -- in addition to this interesting new iteration of Sub-Zero. It's much ado about nothing, really.

That's very true. Whether it's a "what if" or something that will be canon I think its pretty exciting. Either way we are gaining something and losing nothing.

Didn't realize you guys were already talking about this so much, I'm so late.

Spoiler:
Hydro's MK wiki page.
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Hydro

Hydro was a close friend of Sub-Zero and a fellow Lin Kuei. He journeyed with Sub-Zero to combat the forces of Outworld. Hydro has the ability to control water and even blasted strong waves of water that were so freezing cold that they could actually freeze the opponent upon contact.

After Sub-zero and Hydro fought in Outworld, Hydro was killed by Scorpion in Outworld as part of the undead wraith's promise of killing all of Sub-Zero's friends and family before killing Sub-Zero himself.

Hyrdo has been a really popular character for fans of MK for a long time even though he's never been in a game. It could be that they liked him from the comics, it could be that they liked him from the mugens on youtube, but ALOT of people know who Hydro is. The NRS team keep on saying this is a fan service game. I think it's most reasonable to think that Cyber Sub Zero is indeed Hydro.

They wouldn't kill off the design of Noob and Young Sub Zero.... they know enough to know that the fans would flip a shit.

If you search on youtube, pay attention to how many views these mugens on Hydro get. The NRS staff has looked deep into what the fans want for this game. I don't doubt that they tried to remake a version of Hydro.

If he is in he'll have his own move set too. They wouldn't just make him a Sub Zero clone gameplay wise. They have been trying too hard to personalize every character for that to happen.

Last edited:
what occured to me is this thing (dont know if this was mentioned): the first achievements say "discover and fight" the second ones say "unlock"... possibly cyber sub-zero and quan chi are two of the hidden characters and human sektor/human cyrax are the other two... quan chi is from the brotherhood of shadow... cyber sub-zero could be in the pit (spelling reptile)...

sry the spoiler thing doesnt work!

what occured to me is this thing (dont know if this was mentioned): the first achievements say "discover and fight" the second ones say "unlock"... possibly cyber sub-zero and quan chi are two of the hidden characters and human sektor/human cyrax are the other two... quan chi is from the brotherhood of shadow... cyber sub-zero could be in the pit (spelling reptile)...

sry the spoiler thing doesnt work!

Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure the 4 hidden kombatants the achievements are referring to are the original 4 hidden characters in MK1 and 2.

"The pits"
MK1 you fought Reptile in the pit. So it's likely you can do the same in here with the Pit Bottom being a stage in the game.

"Hide and Seek"
This is either Jade or Smoke, as they both peeked out from being the tree in the Living Forest.

"Brother of the Shadow"
This is referring to Noob Saibot. Originally a hidden character in MK2.

"You found me!"
Whichever the 1st one was, be it Jade or Smoke, this is referring to the other character of the 2. As it's still a reference to hide and seek.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the 4 hidden kombatants the achievements are referring to are the original 4 hidden characters in MK1 and 2.

You make good points but Pat was wanting us to use the "spoilers' to not give away anything to people who might not want to know so I will hide my response
Spoiler:
All it says is Discover and fight Hidden Kombatant _ in Arcade Ladder. It doesn't say anything about them being locked. Just hidden in the arcade ladder where as the Quan Chi and Cyber Sub-Zero say Unlock Hidden Fighter. Maybe they are just Easter eggs achievements that no one would have even looked for until they popped up but they where leaked. If that is the case it seem more reasonable that just Quan Chi and Cyber Sub-Zero are hidden off the character select screen thus opening up the possibility that with them there is 28 nonboss characters. Smoke Sheeva and "Red Lady" would all fit in the known roster if this is the case and Quan Chi doesn't take a slot.

You make good points but Pat was wanting us to use the "spoilers' to not give away anything to people who might not want to know so I will hide my response
Spoiler:
All it says is Discover and fight Hidden Kombatant _ in Arcade Ladder. It doesn't say anything about them being locked. Just hidden in the arcade ladder where as the Quan Chi and Cyber Sub-Zero say Unlock Hidden Fighter. Maybe they are just Easter eggs achievements that no one would have even looked for until they popped up but they where leaked. If that is the case it seem more reasonable that just Quan Chi and Cyber Sub-Zero are hidden off the character select screen thus opening up the possibility that with them there is 28 nonboss characters. Smoke Sheeva and "Red Lady" would all fit in the known roster if this is the case and Quan Chi doesn't take a slot.

Spoiler:
It's possible, but I still see the 4 kombatants being the ones I named. They just fit the descriptions, and they were the original 4 hidden kombatants that you faced in MK1-3. It's just too coincidental for them not to be. They likely have special circumstances in which you face them like in the games they were originally hidden. If you meet the circumstances, you face them and get an achievment for it. If you beat them or not could mean unlocking an alternate attire or something, some extra koins, or nothing at all.

They could very well be unlocked from that, or unlocked from the start. There doesn't have to be an achievement for everything you unlock in the game etc. The reason why Quan and Cy-Zero get specific achievements dedicated to their unlocking, are probably because they are the 2 super secret characters, the hardest to unlock. We'll likely get no reveal of either of them before the game comes out. I highly doubt you get an achievement dedicated to facing Quan, and then another for unlocking Quan, and same for Cy-Zero. They each have their achievement already, and so do the other 4 for finding how to face them. For all we know, Reptile, Noob, Smoke, and Jade will be left off the default arcade tower, and only by specific means can you face them like in the old games, thus the achievement.

Sorry if it seems like I'm opening old wounds, but I really don't see why some people are mad about the changes to characters when Boon said months ago at E3 that this Mortal Kombat would have different things happening seeing how Raiden knows what will happen due to that message sent from his future self and therefore events would play out differently and some characters will have new forms. I mean, from him saying that it was obvious that at least one of the main characters was going to be used differently. I know you're all entitled to your opinions, but personally I don't think any of you have a reason to be mad at this other than "tradition" making you close-minded to the new idea. Wait until you get all of the details and see what happens before you start bashing the new ideas for characters.

Spoiler:
For all we know, in the story Sub-Zero could become Cyber Sub-Zero and then change back to his human form through some outside help (Like when Cyrax gained his humanity back with Sonya and Jax's help).

Last edited:
Spoiler:
Am I the only one thinking that these "-ality" for every character could be individual? Like a animality for Nightwolf and a Brutality for Johnny Cage and a Babality for Sheeva or something. Because if they all would get the same they could just have written "brutality" or "animality" in the achievement since it's a secret one.

Spoiler:
Am I the only one thinking that these "-ality" for every character could be individual? Like a animality for Nightwolf and a Brutality for Johnny Cage and a Babality for Sheeva or something. Because if they all would get the same they could just have written "brutality" or "animality" in the achievement since it's a secret one.

THIS GUY IS RIGHT. You shouldn't joke with WretchedCow ;D

Spoiler:
Am i the only one who thinks you might not be able to play as the hidden characters, after all it says discover and defeat, not unlock like quan chi and cyber sub zero, also i was thinking maybe QC and CSZ are two you can unlock and the others you merely fight and cannot unlock, which wouldn't be unusual as plenty of fighters in the past havn't been playable only fightable (reptile MK1)