Sub Zero Question

Iceman

Okay, just something I noticed. In MK3, Sub Zero was either kicked out or he left the Lin Kuei (can't remember), but he had 3 cybernetic ninjas from his clan persuing him. However, in MK Deception, he was the leader of the Lin Kuei. Did I miss something? How did he not only get back in, but become leader of the ninja clan? I remember in MK:DA he was in the group. Did I miss something in MK4 (which I played but didn't pay attention to the story at the time)?

Iceman said:
Okay, just something I noticed. In MK3, Sub Zero was either kicked out or he left the Lin Kuei (can't remember), but he had 3 cybernetic ninjas from his clan persuing him. However, in MK Deception, he was the leader of the Lin Kuei. Did I miss something? How did he not only get back in, but become leader of the ninja clan? I remember in MK:DA he was in the group. Did I miss something in MK4 (which I played but didn't pay attention to the story at the time)?

If you have played DA, you didn't miss anything.

Some time inbetween MKII and MK3, the Lin Kuei decided to cybernitize their ninjas, Sub-zero ran away and then was marked for death for doing so. It wasn't until the 5th game (DA), where he recieved the amulet and started the clan again, this time for good. Since he started it, he became the leader of course.

This is off topic but, here's some wierd smiley error. If you put a " : " and a " D " together, you will get :D. So if you wanted to say MK: Deception, but you didn't put a space, you would get MK:Deception. Same With MK: DA or MK:DA

DAVE101 said:
This is off topic but, here's some wierd smiley error. If you put a " : " and a " D " together, you will get :D. So if you wanted to say MK: Deception, but you didn't put a space, you would get MK:Deception. Same With MK: DA or MK:DA

I've had that problem myself and I never knew what was going on. Thanks for the tip, Dave.

That isn't exactly what happened....

In MK3, Sub Zero and Smoke returned to the Lin Kuei to find that the clan had decided to automate their four best fighters (Sub-Zero, Smoke, Sektor and Cyrax). Sektor volunteered for the process, while it's unknown whether Cyrax was willing or not. Smoke and Subby made a run for it, but smoke was caught. the three cyborg ninjas went after subby. cyrax was reprogrammed to attack Shao Kahn, got stuck in the desert, and was rescued by (and had his soul restored) by Sonya and Jax, and he joined the OIA. Smoke was convinced by Subby not to fight him, but he was captured by Shao Kahn as a trophy and deactivated (until Noob found him in deception.) After Sektor failed, he malfunctioned, and at some point before DA he went back to the Lin Kuei and took control of the clan by killing the Grand Master and taking his Dragon Medallion. Sub Zero, knowing the damage that Sektor would cause, went back to his old clan, fought sektor, and won the dragon medallion from him, earning the place of grand master by force. Sektor went to form the Tekunin in Japan, while Sub Zero re-organised the Lin Kuei as a force for good.

The rest is history.

Chaka said:
That isn't exactly what happened....
What I said was not wrong, you didn't object anything either, you repeated what I said but went itno more detail.