Krypt(ideas+misc stuff)

Skcorpion86

Ok I don't know if any of you guys saw this, but that trailer at the end of the demo. If you look closely when the Krypt comes, it says"deadlands" in the top right corner.. So I was thinking... Are there different areas in the Krypt? Are maybe there is a bunch of mini krypts. Or should we ignore it? Did anyone else notice this too?anyways.... I would like to hear your thoughts.

Also I wana know what you guys want in the Krypt. Personally I want to see Secondary kosumes

Idk I'd ignore it. There's definitely just one krypt. But yes in the krypt I want secondary costumes, and koncept art.

Alternate costumes, alternate stage music, alternate announcer (longshot at best), stages, MAYBE the retro skins as a nice treat (unless they've been confirmed as pay DLC later on), some funny videos, behind the scenes stuff, just things to keep you wanting. Hopefully the concept art is kept to a minimum since the KE and KE Strategy Guide have a lot in it.

Ok I don't know if any of you guys saw this, but that trailer at the end of the demo. If you look closely when the Krypt comes, it says"deadlands" in the top right corner.. So I was thinking... Are there different areas in the Krypt? Are maybe there is a bunch of mini krypts. Or should we ignore it? Did anyone else notice this too?anyways.... I would like to hear your thoughts.

Also I wana know what you guys want in the Krypt. Personally I want to see Secondary kosumes

I don't know if it's spoiler, but
Spoiler:
yes, it seems there are different areas like Nekropolis (if I remember well), Deadlands etc., but don't know how much it will affects the exploration of the Krypt.

i want concept stages and most of all funny pictures and videos like cooking with scorpion. ad maybe some concept art but that's not important FUNNY VIDS AND PICS

I don't know if it's spoiler, but
Spoiler:
yes, it seems there are different areas like Nekropolis (if I remember well), Deadlands etc., but don't know how much it will affects the exploration of the Krypt.

You know, it might not be that there's different areas of the Krypt, but it might just be different settings. For example, if you're tired of having a graveyard setting, you can switch it to a Netherrealm setting. Kinda like desktop backgrounds.

As for what I'd like to see in the Krypt, aside from the stuff that's been confirmed I'd like to see the old school music and announcer unlockables in there. Or some goofy videos/pictures like they had in Deadly Alliance.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for some genuinely secret stuff, that nobody has guessed, and nobody has hacked out, and nobody has even heard rumour of. That would be absolutely awesome.

No useless junk like pictures of the team and don't load it with so much concept/behind-the-scenes stuff. I did like the funny ads and stuff from DA; closest thing we ever got to friendships in the 3D era. Lupinko did say that the klassic music is back, so hopefully the klassic announcer soundbytes are back, as well.

Also, there is only kind of koin for The Krypt!

You know, it might not be that there's different areas of the Krypt, but it might just be different settings. For example, if you're tired of having a graveyard setting, you can switch it to a Netherrealm setting. Kinda like desktop backgrounds.

As for what I'd like to see in the Krypt, aside from the stuff that's been confirmed I'd like to see the old school music and announcer unlockables in there. Or some goofy videos/pictures like they had in Deadly Alliance.

Spoiler:

Perhaps, but then in the demo leak why would some of the code be this:

[Krypt]
NavBuy=Purchase
NavClaim=Claim Prize
NavEnter=Enter
NavExit=Exit Krypt
NavMap=Map
MapNavMove=Move Destination

MapNavSelect=Select
MapNavReturn=Return
MapYouAreHere=You Are Here!

Cost=COST:
Cemetery= Deadlands
Deadwoods=Hollow of Infestation
Torture=Meadow of Despair
Bloodmarsh=Bloodmarsh
Nekropolis=Nekropolis

Especially the map commands, it seems to be more a movable area then a static background switch.

So I suspect there will be five krypt "areas"
  • Deadlands
  • Hollow of Infestation
  • Meadow of Despair
  • Bloodmarsh
  • Nekropolis

Though the Nekropolis may not count as a krypt area.

Last edited:
I loved the krypt since i found out about it in Deception, watchin the characters pop out behind tombstones, runnin down and across aisles and what not, good times...And the announcer sucks in this one, NOTHING beats the original announcers, and MAYBE even get the klassic fatality music too :p could you imagine you can unlock dan forden as a spoof character, and has a fatality where he takes out a toaster, and forces toast down your throat and you blow up!!! :p

And im sure they gotta have some comic relief, I mean come on....Scorpion and Mileena, I hate Teddies, remember that :p lmao

TOASTY!!!

Maybe the different areas are for different categories of unlockables.

Example: Instead of "Alternate Attires" you get "Deadlands"

just a thought and in no way is any of that official...purely a guess

Spoiler:

Perhaps, but then in the demo leak why would some of the code be this:

[Krypt]
NavBuy=Purchase
NavClaim=Claim Prize
NavEnter=Enter
NavExit=Exit Krypt
NavMap=Map
MapNavMove=Move Destination

MapNavSelect=Select
MapNavReturn=Return
MapYouAreHere=You Are Here!

Cost=COST:
Cemetery= Deadlands
Deadwoods=Hollow of Infestation
Torture=Meadow of Despair
Bloodmarsh=Bloodmarsh
Nekropolis=Nekropolis

Especially the map commands, it seems to be more a movable area then a static background switch.

So I suspect there will be five krypt "areas"
  • Deadlands
  • Hollow of Infestation
  • Meadow of Despair
  • Bloodmarsh
  • Nekropolis

Though the Nekropolis may not count as a krypt area.

Oh thats good work! yes you are definately on the right track and I agree that Nekropolis is where all the unlocks and bios etc are kept.... I think it's that big building in the middle....