Thread: Mortal Kombat's Move List

PSN
    Joshuaalt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mortal Kombat's Move List

With all the game play floating around I am starting to believe that every character in the game is going to have many different moves unlike the original three, there are multiple grapples, multiple throws and many different variations of special moves implemented in combos. It seems to me that there putting every special move that was in previous games. I think it's awesome that every character is being given a large selection of special moves.

What do you think, am I crazy or are there a lot of different moves to master.
    I Just Got A Job, High Speed Internet Get Over Here!

Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Re: Mortal Kombat's Move List

I hope it isn't as complicated as Tekken.

You'll believe God is a woman.

Twitter
    @TheRiseOfTaj
    Xbox Live
    Th3 RiS3 Of TaJ
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Freak View Post
    I seriously doubt it would be that complicated, MK's engine isnt that slow compared to tekken.

And besides, this is MK, Kombos are not hard to pull off and they flow easily, whereas tekken you have to time button presses and shit like that. The only thing youre gonna have to extensively remember is Special moves, regular kombos you can put together yourself.

Therefore, i conclude that it will not be hard to remember moves, i think itll be good old fashioned, everyone can play, MORTAL KOMBAT :D!

Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i hope they step up and make it good for both regular players and pro players, that way every one is happy.

Special Forces Agent FlawlessVictor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taj Gill View Post
    I seriously doubt it would be that complicated, MK's engine isnt that slow compared to tekken.
    How does speed have anything to do with a game being more or less complicated? Faster games require the faster reaction time and input, but doesn't change the nuances of a given game.
    Last edited by FlawlessVictor; 11-14-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Twitter
    @TheRiseOfTaj
    Xbox Live
    Th3 RiS3 Of TaJ
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessVictor View Post
    How does speed have anything to do with a game being more or less complicated? Faster games require the faster reaction time and input, but doesn't change the nuances of a given game.
    Yeah i realized that sounded weird after i said that, i just forgot to take it out. What i meant to say was that tekkens combos are complex becaue you have to time your shit 100% on the dot, whereas MK you can input the commands at any speed in a smooth sequence and youll pull off the kombo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Freak View Post
    Tekken isn't complicated. It's all muscle memory when it comes to move input and only some moves are viable for competitive matches. Practice and all, I guess.

I think I've seen somewhere where it states that MK9 will be taking a few large fighting aspects from SF and Tekken. So yeah, there are definitely more exclusive moves for each character I would say, given how Ed Boon says there will be individuality in each character and that MK9 is created with competitive play in mind.

Xbox Live
    hanzER00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I'm guessing specials have slightly different inputs for variations of the move. Take Johnny's green shadow ball for an example. You can do the normal input, lets just say it's down, forward, Front punch. You can do the normal input, as well as a forward, down, forward, front punch or back, down, forward, Front punch. Each slight variation will give you a slightly different shadow ball. One input will send the ball low, while the other will send it in a higher arcing pattern. You can also make any of these variations a "super" move by inputting block with the front punch. This is probably mostly for projectiles but who knows at this point.

As for the casual/hardcore concern, It has been stated several times that they want the game to be accessible to casual players. They also want the game to appeal to hardcore fighter players when you put more thought and effort into the game. I think Ed has mentioned the just frame inputs for specific moves like in MKvsDC. I've never considered tekken to be "difficult" but apparently it is to some. I really don't hope they make it too easy for someone to pick up and play to the point where a button masher with a specific character can potentially defeat a seasoned player who knows what they're doing for the most part.

Thanks for the sig Chood1994!

PSN
    Joshuaalt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hansplusmatic View Post
    I really hope they don't make it too easy for someone to pick up and play to the point where a button masher with a specific character can potentially defeat a seasoned player who knows what they're doing for the most part.
    I don't think that's going to be the case. I think people that pick up the controller will be able to do original MK moves such as Uppercuts, Round House Kicks, Sweep Kick, Low Punch and Basic Specials. I think the X-Ray move will be easier than needed and I am also under the impression that every special move will have an Super added to it. It's looking amazing though.
    I Just Got A Job, High Speed Internet Get Over Here!

Thread Information