Mortal Kombat: Devastation

Nento91

BANALITY
Mortal Kombat: Devastation is the third installment in the movie franchise based on the Mortal Kombat fighting game series. Pre-production will start once the script is completely finished.

Devastation reunites the cast of the original (Christopher Lambert as Raiden, Linden Ashby as Johnny Cage, Robin Shou as Liu Kang, Chris Casamassa as Scorpion, the remaining parts will be cast once the movie goes into pre-production.

The film was stated to begin production in Summer 2005, however, because of Hurricane Katrina, Casamassa said that it had "set us back a few months". Rumours that the script was going to be based upon the upcoming game Mortal Kombat: Armageddon have been proven false. No official plot has been announced.

This movie was going to be filmed in Thailand, just like "Mortal Kombat" and "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation", but Universal Studios decided to build a huge studio/theme park, in which people would be able to see the filming in progress.

Confirmed cast
Robin Shou - Liu Kang
Linden Ashby - Johnny Cage
Chris Casamassa - Scorpion
Christopher Lambert - Lord Raiden
Adoni Maropis - Quan Chi
Talisa Soto - Kitana
Lynn "Red" Williams - Major Jackson 'Jax' Briggs
Patricia Ja Lee - Li Mei
Matthias Hues - Fujin
Kimball Sultan Uddin - Noob Saibot
Reiner Schöne - Shinnok
Keith Cooke - Sub-Zero
Dana Hee - Mileena
Dan Southworth - Kenshi (as Daniel Southworth)
Ray Park - Reiko
Stacey Dash - Tanya

Honestly, I'm more interested in seeing Ray Park as Reiko. Hopefully he has a fleshed out character with lots of action.

Ever since Phantom Menace, I've wanted to see what this guy is capable of.

And Stacy Dash as Tanya is way too sweet looking. Tanya always looked the most butch to me of all of the females.

Not to mention, shouldn't Talisa Soto be playing bot Mileena and Kitana if they want to get it right?

It would be funny if this was the cast:
Kenshi: Keanu Reeves
Liu Kang: Jackie chan
Jax: Mike Tyson
Raiden: Lewis Black
Shang Tsung: Jim Carrey
Qaun Chi: Adam Sandler
Sub Zero: Tommy Lee Jones
Johnny Cage: The Fat guy from lost
Scorpion: Bill Cosby
Noob Saibot: Ice cube
Reiko: Christopher Lee

Last edited:
That is a pretty random cast but I would laugh my ass off if jim carrey was really chosen for tsung but not even the idiot who directed Annhilation would do that. Also, when you say Keanu Reeves as Kenshi, it really does make sense. Seeing him blind in The Matrix Revolutions did remind me of Kenshi. Just change up the suit and change the rag around his eyes red.

Belive it or not but most of those guys actually lokk like they could fit the parts well. Except ofcourse for Cosby and Sandler. That is funny as hell though. But do you know who would really be funny. Vin Diesel playing Quan Chi

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VinDieselQuanChi.jpg
BOOM!

That is awesome. He looks so retarded as Quan Chi. But lose the smile, and put on some makeup and it Might just work. LOL.

ew did you see the person they are getting to play Li Mei in the new movie? She looks nothing like her. And shes fat and ugly....and also there not sure if there gonna call in Devastation yet. I heard the director is also thinking of calling it Mortal Kombat Domination.

Oh my god...I hope there is blood. The first two movies didn't have blood. If there is no blood, im definatly not seeing it.

I feel the same way about the blood but what confuses me about the movie is that there is such a random mixture of chars and the rumor is that the movie is gonna be based on Deception and armageddon. how are they going to fit the story line. I mean, Lui Kang is supposed to be dead and by what I know Shujinko is not in it. He Is the Main Char in Deception!!! Hopefully that rumor is false or this movie is going to destroy the storyline again just like Annhilation.

sorry. i keep getting konfused. but even now that i know that, i still think the storyline is going to be skrewed up in devestation.