You can't be serious?!?!?

Because Square keeps milking the franchise, and people are stupid enough to buy into it.
People like you.
Do you kiss your mother with the same mouth you use to commit character assassination? I'm sure she'd be ashamed of you...

And by the way, that highest selling FF game of all time does ONLY includes the original game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Do you kiss your mother with the same mouth you use to make personal attacks upon people? I'm sure she'd be ashamed of you...

And by the way, that highest selling FF game of all time does ONLY includes the original game.

I don't know why you try to prove to me that FF7 was the best selling FF game. I never stated otherwise.

And Trash... you ARE being a fanboy right now. You've put yourself on a piedestal, because you think you are a better person due to being a "purist". You aren't better, you are just being an a-hole. I'm just giving you back of the same shelf.

The fans will either take COMPLETE purity to the original, or they will do without a rerelease of ANY kind for all eternity! I expect all future generations to experience the game the EXACT same way I did.

rs_600x600-140922160528-600.miley-cyrus.cm.92214.jpg

they will do without a rerelease

Look amigos. Shutdown your fanatism for one sec.

FF7 is king of sales until now, because

A.It was really successful in story and gameplay department.
B.It was first FF to have 3D graphics in FF series (that boosted popularity too)
C.It had such explosive success that it raised huge ass standards for other future games (which as we can see didn't meet them until now)
D.Games popularity was kept by making movies, spin offs, prequels and so on.
E.You think FF7 will be a huge success on PS4? I can tell you already. Nope. FF7 fanbase is mostly made up of older gamers and younger gamers who are growing up with all this new tech, graphics and huge advancements in video games ain't gonna glue themselves to FF7 like previous generation did.

So in short. Is it fun game to try? Yeah. But will it last? Nope. Times change, things move forward and things that stay in one place and don't change... they disappear.

This is why I would love to get FF7 HD remake, which would sell way more than the rerererelease of classic FF7.

Also if FF15 is going to be as amazing as they show it. FF7 PS4 edition sales will be like "POOF". Gone.

rs_600x600-140922160528-600.miley-cyrus.cm.92214.jpg

Look amigos. Shutdown your fanatism for one sec.

FF7 is king of sales until now, because

A.It was really successful in story and gameplay department.
B.It was first FF to have 3D graphics in FF series (that boosted popularity too)
C.It had such explosive success that it raised huge ass standards for other future games (which as we can see didn't meet them until now)
D.Games popularity was kept by making movies, spin offs, prequels and so on.
E.You think FF7 will be a huge success on PS4? I can tell you already. Nope. FF7 fanbase is mostly made up of older gamers and younger gamers who are growing up with all this new tech, graphics and huge advancements in video games ain't gonna glue themselves to FF7 like previous generation did.

So in short. Is it fun game to try? Yeah. But will it last? Nope. Times change, things move forward and things that stay in one place and don't change... they disappear.

This is why I would love to get FF7 HD remake, which would sell way more than the rerererelease of classic FF7.

Also if FF15 is going to be as amazing as they show it. FF7 PS4 edition sales will be like "POOF". Gone.
If ANY facet of a rerelease is not pure to the original, then it becomes a completely different game altogether.

Whatever the trash says, I would love to get am HD updated version of FF7. Update all the graphics, but keep the gameplay. And Square are being morons for giving every other FF game said treatment and NOT FF7. They would sell so many more copies if doing so than just re-releasing the original game onto every platform there is.

Dodger says it exactly how I feel about the FF7 "reveal" on PS4 (@9:05):

The remakes of the other FF games are not on the same scale FF7 would be, especially if you expect it to keep up with modern graphics. The remakes for FF3, for instance were made with handheld devices in mind. FFX/X-2 HD upscaled existing models. For FF7, the models and textures (if not all art assets) have to be made from scratch. While a fresh coat of paint could sell more copies, the tremendous cost of creating art assets may not be worth it.

The remakes of the other FF games are not on the same scale FF7 would be, especially if you expect it to keep up with modern graphics. The remakes for FF3, for instance were made with handheld devices in mind. FFX/X-2 HD upscaled existing models. For FF7, the models and textures (if not all art assets) have to be made from scratch, thus Square would have to spend much more on resources to make it happen.

So you are saying it isn't worth it?

So you are saying it isn't worth it?

It's not as it isn't worth it, as it is a very risky decision. [MENTION=4792]FlawlessVictor[/MENTION] has a point. FF7 was a massive game. Hell, I remember that moment, when I was first time playing FF7 and it took me days to finish city section. Once I got out from the city I thought I was near the end game... nope. Here have this WHOLE world to explore. Oh ok.

So yeah one problem is the size of it, also I think square enix knows that it won't do good if they will cut edges during development. For example taking out certain sections of the game or making them considerably shorter.
Then also doing everything from scratch. If they will upgrade graphics they will also need to upgrade audio. It is just a huge ass project and while I believe even Square Enix knows that FF7 would make lots of fans crazy happy and open their wallets the moment, they announced that, it still is a huge risk. I wouldn't be surprised if cost of the game could reach GTA5 levels. So FF7 HD remake would have to be a crazy ass success to pay off the cost of development and bring enough profit.

As optimistic as I am. I believe they could do that, but I am not the who makes the decision.

Last edited:
FF7 was indeed quite expensive at the time it was developed. FF7 also owed its success for being at the right place and time. It was released on a highly successful platform (PS1). It was for many, one of the earliest, if the first exposure to the RPG genre. Nowaways, JRPGs have fell out of favor with the mainstream audience.

Last edited:
I would suggest we all choose better ways to discuss this that doesn't include insults. I doubt anyone wants infractions or bans for Christmas.

:)

It's not as it isn't worth it, as it is a very risky decision. [MENTION=4792]FlawlessVictor[/MENTION] has a point. FF7 was a massive game. Hell, I remember that moment, when I was first time playing FF7 and it took me days to finish city section. Once I got out from the city I thought I was near the end game... nope. Here have this WHOLE world to explore. Oh ok.

So yeah one problem is the size of it, also I think square enix knows that it won't do good if they will cut edges during development. For example taking out certain sections of the game or making them considerably shorter.
Then also doing everything from scratch. If they will upgrade graphics they will also need to upgrade audio. It is just a huge ass project and while I believe even Square Enix knows that FF7 would make lots of fans crazy happy and open their wallets the moment, they announced that, it still is a huge risk. I wouldn't be surprised if cost of the game could reach GTA5 levels. So FF7 HD remake would have to be a crazy ass success to pay off the cost of development and bring enough profit.

As optimistic as I am. I believe they could do that, but I am not the who makes the decision.

All this can basically be burnt down to "It's not worth it." though.

150490-Dirge_of_Cerberus_-_Final_Fantasy_VII_(USA)-3.jpg

If anything, I would love to see Dirge of Cerberus remade as well. Just give us a massive bundle of FF7 redux, Advent Children, and Dirge of Cerberus redux.