You can't be serious?!?!?

the younger generation of gamers need to know what a good classic game is. graphics aren't everything in a game. I'd take a ps1 ff game over that COD/Battlefield bs any day.

Graphics help with immersion. And with a game that wants you to feel a connection to your party and the events surrounding them, immersion is a huge aspect. An overhaul in FF7's visual aesthetics would urge newer gamers to try out the classic title they otherwise would have ignored for it's outdated look.

Graphics aren't everything in a game, but undeniably they play an integral role.

Graphics take a back seat to gameplay. It's high time future generations learn this lesson.

This is probably the one sentence of Trashman's I agree with.

Otherwise I have no issue with the idea of making changes to game for the re-release IF it makes the game better. If they don't change it at all, the fanboys AREN'T going to buy it because they already have it. I don't need the Wii VC version of FFVI (FFIII US) because it's the exact same as the SNES version, which I have. But I do have FFVI Advance and the mobile version, because they're actually different.

Immersion isn't just about presentation. Good writing and even game mechanics can work wonders too. The former is especially true when it comes to connecting with your characters. What good is a high-polygon model if the character is depicted with a personality of a wooden plank?

I actually like graphics, but not in the same way as people who are obsessed with details for its own sake. They have little or no appreciation for well-crafted sprites that work well in spite of technological limitations.

Sciasbattlebreathe.gif
43521.gif
F_horrigan.gif

I'm not against a HD remake, but I also wish for preservation of the original. Why can't we have both available?

Last edited:
Immersion isn't just about presentation. Good writing and even game mechanics can work wonders too. The former is especially true when it comes to connecting with your characters. What good is a high-polygon model if the character depicted with a personality of a wooden plank?

I actually like graphics, but not in the same way as people who are obsessed with details it's own sake. They have little or no appreciation for well-crafted sprites that work well in spite of technological limitations.

Sciasbattlebreathe.gif
43521.gif
F_horrigan.gif

I'm not against a HD remake, but I also wish for preservation of the original. Why can't we have both available?
I want ONLY the preservation of the original.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Soo ahm disrespecting the classics... hmm ok. So I bought FF7 on ps1, then got the game later on pc, THEN I got it on STEAM. Now I would love to get HD remake. So I am disrespecting the classics it seems. By your logic at least. Cause most of the people who want HD remake, are the ones who played the first and loved it. And now they want to experience the same with today's graphics. Cause I am damn sure, that what FF7 doesn't lack is... RERELEASES.

Actually what is disrespecting for me is such cheap way of releasing same game over and over and over. Yay they made game available for ps4... while it is already available on steam and pc generally. Even call of duty tried to AT LEAST give a different campaign.

Soo ahm disrespecting the classics... hmm ok. So I bought FF7 on ps1, then got the game later on pc, THEN I got it on STEAM. Now I would love to get HD remake. So I am disrespecting the classics it seems. By your logic at least. Cause most of the people who want HD remake, are the ones who played the first and loved it. And now they want to experience the same with today's graphics. Cause I am damn sure, that what FF7 doesn't lack is... RERELEASES.

Actually what is disrespecting for me is such cheap way of releasing same game over and over and over. Yay they made game available for ps4... while it is already available on steam and pc generally. Even call of duty tried to AT LEAST give a different campaign.
Opposing purism is disrespecting the classics.

Opposing purism is disrespecting the classics.

Jeez they could just do the same thing as Alice madness returns did. Make FF7 remake and when people buy it they also get classic ff7. Everyone is happy then.

Jeez they could just do the same thing as Alice madness returns did. Make FF7 remake and when people buy it they also get classic ff7. Everyone is happy then.
The fans will either take COMPLETE purity to the original, or they will do without a rerelease of ANY kind for all eternity! I expect all future generations to experience the game the EXACT same way I did.

They never learn.
Trash doesn't believe the shit he says. He just posts nonsense to get reactions out of people. He's just as pissed as you guys are about this.

They never learn.
Trash doesn't believe the shit he says. He just posts nonsense to get reactions out of people. He's just as pissed as you guys are about this.
Actually, I am dead serious on how FF7 rereleases should be treated.

There are 2 sequels (one of which is a movie) and a prequel. If you want FF7 with updated graphics, go buy one of the sequels and/or the prequel. Do NOT tarnish the Classics!

Actually, I am dead serious on how FF7 rereleases should be treated.

There are 2 sequels (one of which is a movie) and a prequel. If you want FF7 with updated graphics, go buy one of the sequels and/or the prequel. Do NOT tarnish the Classics!

I can see your point though. There is a plenty of Final Fantasies to choose from.

Whatever the trash says, I would love to get am HD updated version of FF7. Update all the graphics, but keep the gameplay. And Square are being morons for giving every other FF game said treatment and NOT FF7. They would sell so many more copies if doing so than just re-releasing the original game onto every platform there is.

Dodger says it exactly how I feel about the FF7 "reveal" on PS4 (@9:05):

Whatever the trash says, I would love to get am HD updated version of FF7. Update all the graphics, but keep the gameplay. And Square are being morons for giving every other FF game said treatment and NOT FF7. They would sell so many more copies if doing so than just re-releasing the original game onto every platform there is.

Dodger says it exactly how I feel about the FF7 "reveal" on PS4 (@9:05):

Newsflash: FF7 is STILL the highest selling Final Fantasy of all time. The previous 6 got rereleased with all kinds of polished upgrades, X and X-2 got rereleased as remasters, and XIII was multiplatform. And how many of those games ended up unseating FF7 as the franchise's all time sales king again?

I thought so. I think the sales state that FF7 is just fine as is.

Last edited: