Reptile

I've been playing as him more and more lately and I'm really digging how he handles. While yes, I do prefer the old school MKI-MK3 look, this is definitely the best he's looked since then. His Alternate Costume is really growing on me. I look forward to the pre-order DLC being released so I can reclaim his old school ninja look, but until then, I really don't mind his current duds at all.

I positively dislike Reptile's look in MK 9. I bought the game through Amazon since Reptile is my favorite character and I absolutely NEEDED to have a costume I liked for him.

The only newer design that I like for him is his Shaolin Monks/Armageddon design. Even then I would have preferred that his arms and legs were covered up a bit more to appear as if he's hiding his raptor-orgins.

Reptiles always been my favorite and I prefer the human with reptile underneath costume aswell I think it's so cool. I also wish they would bring back his crabs stance moves from Deadly Alliance as well as his 2nd costume in Deadly Alliance which was armour made of bones!

Reptiles always been my favorite and I prefer the human with reptile underneath costume aswell I think it's so cool. I also wish they would bring back his crabs stance moves from Deadly Alliance as well as his 2nd costume in Deadly Alliance which was armour made of bones!

Your joking about everything you just said right?

i do like the retro costume but i just think it was way to plain...i understand the idea of the hidden reptile look due to him being the last of his race but i just think his mk 9 look is ultra sic and they kept the idea of the mask removal as well but adapted it a bit. Also i do wish he wasn't just hidden in the background all the time but i don't really see that changing soon

i do like the retro costume but i just think it was way to plain...i understand the idea of the hidden reptile look due to him being the last of his race but i just think his mk 9 look is ultra sic and they kept the idea of the mask removal as well but adapted it a bit. Also i do wish he wasn't just hidden in the background all the time but i don't really see that changing soon

I completly agree with The Reptile here.

Im digging the Reptilian look alot more nowadays that the human form. I see photoshop jobs of Scorpion or SubZero turned green and it looks rediculous. I like the old Reptile too, but since the newer consoles are able to hold more data, every ninja has their own appearance in a way. Im happy for Reptiles look in MK9, primary and alternate. He isnt too similar to the traditional MK ninja, but still holds some of the features. And Ive seen where ppl have made the humanoid lizard Reptile with a plain green V shaped top, and with the lizard skin. Too much green. The black they but on Reptile in MK4 (which i still dont like this form), MKDA (Liked it alot), and MK9 (It takes getting used too, but a great look), the black looks good on him.

As for storyline wise, I agree he needs more input that simply that general of shao kahns army or getting his butt kicked by the good guys. I know about his race and his MK9 ending was amazing. I just hope in the next game (MK10), he has a more serious role in story.

The non-classic MK9 outfits made him look like a flightless bird of some sort. I can't take it seriously haha... he looks so cute and cuddly and walks so funny. On the other hand, classic Reptile looks boss. I love how they gave him sickly yellow eyes, it's really creepy.

The non-classic MK9 outfits made him look like a flightless bird of some sort. I can't take it seriously haha... he looks so cute and cuddly and walks so funny. On the other hand, classic Reptile looks boss. I love how they gave him sickly yellow eyes, it's really creepy.

I disagree he doesn't look like a bird to me and I do like his eyes kinda have the crocodile look to them I'd like to find eyes like that. But his new appearance it suits the whole background
"Reptile is a green garbed, human-like reptilian creature that embodies the archetype of the unhappy underling. Reptile is said to be physically hideous and repulsive," Another thing I like about reptile his emotions: He carries one of the deepest burdens that he follows Shao Kahn with such loyality he would not probably dare speak out against for his own sake of being the only Saurian left if he dies his race fades and all he want out of his existence is his race to live again.

I think a great costume for Reptile would be a combination of his MK:SM and his MK:DA.

He uses the bandages in a vain attempt to hide his crocodile-esque transformation.

I love animals, and Reptile was one of my favorite characters at that. Secondly, my favorite color is green.

One of Reptile's greatest qualities and strengths as a fighter is the incorporation of pure animal savagery; this is what makes him the merciless beast of a warrior. It is also well known that reptiles have stronger stomach acids than other animals (mainly crocodiles) and it was pretty clever how MK utilized that fact when making him.

The fatalities also greatly emphasize the disgustingly beastful nature animals use when hunting prey and defending themselves; the acid vomit, extending tongue and all-out scratching make Reptile a warrior you don't want to meet in the jungle.

i think the easiest thing to do is just to agree, whatever period you look at reptile in from 1-9 he has always and always will be immense...his look is all about preference but has always been one of the coolest on the game and he is just all out brutal...REPTILE FOREVER

Reptile is one of my favorite MK characters, but I hate how he got absolutely shit on in MK9's story.

Both he and Baraka were portrayed as just your typical disposable henchmen. Both also deserve much better than how they are normally treated.

What I like about Reptile the most is how he and his ultimate goal of restoring his dead race of Raptors are well-meaning, but his means of achieving that goal are less than honorable. His ultimate desire ironically is the main culprit behind the depth of the corruption of his soul, as he allows it to consume him. His already animalistic state of mind is deteriorating, contributing even further to his desperation in obtaining his desire. He'd do just about anything if it could lead to reviving his race. Reptile is a troubled soul, teetering on the edge of utter insanity as he strives to do what could be the impossible, bringing back the dead.

Although with that said, this aspect of his has been used so much during the course of the MK series that it's starting to become very repetitive. Reptile's story suffers from the same problem as Scorpion's, while their backstories are great, their current stories are stagnant and haven't progressed at all beyond what's been established. Reptile's still serving the Big Bad in hopes of reviving his race, Scorpion's still trying to get revenge on the one who slayed his family and clan. So, eventually, things are going to have to change. This is why I hope that Khameleon returns in the new timeline, so that Reptile's story will start to actually get somewhere and so that his character development can really start

Bruce Norris, I agree with you. I really want to see more from Reptile. He one of the Ninjas that I think are bad ass! Back in the old timeline, he did anything and everything to get his race back. But I have a feeling he'll have his chance to be a evil badass. I know he will. If Onaga doesn't happen in this timeline, Reptile will take his place. Right now, I don't have any ideas but I'll be back later with some.

In the next story, they better make Reptile talk like a human! All he speaks in the last game is growl like a lizard/saurian.

He's from a realm where there's nothing but Raptors and shit. What do you expect? Ha

Reptile is one of my favorite MK characters, but I hate how he got absolutely shit on in MK9's story.

Both he and Baraka were portrayed as just your typical disposable henchmen. Both also deserve much better than how they are normally treated.

What I like about Reptile the most is how he and his ultimate goal of restoring his dead race of Raptors are well-meaning, but his means of achieving that goal are less than honorable. His ultimate desire ironically is the main culprit behind the depth of the corruption of his soul, as he allows it to consume him. His already animalistic state of mind is deteriorating, contributing even further to his desperation in obtaining his desire. He'd do just about anything if it could lead to reviving his race. Reptile is a troubled soul, teetering on the edge of utter insanity as he strives to do what could be the impossible, bringing back the dead.

Although with that said, this aspect of his has been used so much during the course of the MK series that it's starting to become very repetitive. Reptile's story suffers from the same problem as Scorpion's, while their backstories are great, their current stories are stagnant and haven't progressed at all beyond what's been established. Reptile's still serving the Big Bad in hopes of reviving his race, Scorpion's still trying to get revenge on the one who slayed his family and clan. So, eventually, things are going to have to change. This is why I hope that Khameleon returns in the new timeline, so that Reptile's story will start to actually get somewhere and so that his character development can really start
Awesome post. Yes, Khameleon comes in and tells Reptile what he must do to revive his race back again. He needs to find out that the people he is serving are the ones who merged his realm with theirs. He is a tool. He is being used completely.
That is a thing I like about MK though. Bad guys turn bad on each other. It is all a competition on who is going to konquer all. Eventually, characters like Reptile will need to have their stories advanced and something needs to happen. Reptile needs to find an alliance with somebody else (Khameleon, even the otherwise uninteresting Nitara) to free their realms from Shao Kahn's position! Reptile will finally have a good ending, stand up for himself and see his race (along with Nitara's) freed! Reptile will achieve success if he ironically turns out a neutral or even good guy! I hope so.

Other potential, or definite allies include Kitana, Sindel, Jade, Bo Rai Cho, Li Mei, Ermac, Mileena? and the Shokans?
Even Hotaru might join to restore order into Outworld.