Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Hey Bleed can you briefly extrapolate on that? I thought changing the skin afterward screws everything up. Do you add an edit poly modifier on top? Do you use Skin Pose?

I'll see what I can do if you send it my way.

Proportions are not a big problem to fix after a character has been skinned. There is an option in the Skin modifier that allows you to do some major changes, like moving bones or altering the mesh. You can do this without messing up your skin weights.

You move the time slider back to frame Zero. In the Skin modifier, in the Advanced Parameters tab, Uncheck "Always Deform".

When you uncheck that, it's like a standby mode. You can move the bones around or alter the geometry. When you have it how you want, turn that check box on again, and the Skinning data will update.

You alter the mesh under the skin modifier, in the main Editable Poly.

You can also Add a morph target or anything, and collapse back to Editable poly before turning the skin back on.

There is another way, in which the skin data can be transferred like a projection. That's for using one skinned character to skin another real fast. I never use it, but the option is available.

Ok this is a little off topic but I just found something strange in MK1 SNES. Some of you might have seen the game genie code floating around that lets you play P2 as Reptile. Turns out if you play that way long enough ( I think 10 matches) you will actually finally go to the Test Your Might screen, and then after that you go back into the Reptile VS Scorpion fight again, but the whole background is blue.

Just an odd little discovery. Sorry for being a little off topic.

Messed up my first post, so redoing it. Anyways, wanted to offer my assistance for the Liu Kang model. Here is what I have so far:

kang13.jpg

I can work on this until the end of February

Haha glad to see you back on the project Gojira man, even for a limited time.
Kangs face looks amazing, it really does look like Ho-Sung Pak, damn! :)

I like arq_hawking's take on baggy pants (with few corrections), maybe some kind
of collaboration between you and him and I'd say Kang would be spot on.

Cal, I got my internet back on, I'll make Goro's Lair stuff and edit this post.

Thanks for the nice words and its great to be working on something fun again. Just a heads up, the modeling is the only thing I can really do. The rigging and animating is just something I am not at all skilled/interested in. So if anyone can go ahead and handle that part, everything in life will be great. Here is an update on the pants:

kang14.jpg

@cal, this is the movement for the eyes, every set blinks twice and turns to their right:

34246739.gif

And here's their placement inside each cave:

First cave:
http://i47.tinypic.com/353bh90.png

Second and third cave:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2w2k85y.png

Eyes are on the separate layer, they "move" insde the cave left and right as you move your character,
but height is always the same in relation to floor.

(also everything is in right size for HD remake)

ok thanks man, I do appreciate it

Haha glad to see you back on the project Gojira man, even for a limited time.
Kangs face looks amazing, it really does look like Ho-Sung Pak, damn! :)

I like arq_hawking's take on baggy pants (with few corrections), maybe some kind
of collaboration between you and him and I'd say Kang would be spot on.

Cal, I got my internet back on, I'll make Goro's Lair stuff and edit this post.

Maybe we should make a face comparisong (wtith Pak), also I really like the shoes of Gohira but preffer the body and pants of Ark.

Edit: I dont think Gohira's face is anything like Pak's, instead, his sculpting have some realism that makes us recognize a realistic human, asian face... the trick might be in the eyes, so it should be studied. Also the mouth does look like Pak's.

Last edited:
Maybe we should make a face comparisong (wtith Pak), also I really like the shoes of Gohira but preffer the body and pants of Ark.

Edit: I dont think Gohira's face is anything like Pak's, instead, his sculpting have some realism that makes us recognize a realistic human, asian face... the trick might be in the eyes, so it should be studied. Also the mouth does look like Pak's.

I agree with you carz, it's a great model, but what carz says it's true

Last edited:
I'm working on some UI stuff today, did we ever have the font made for the life bars? I see some for other parts of the game, but they don't match the one in the life bars.

Mortal Gojira, I think you could work on some other characters. Kang has already been made 3 times, and we need other characters.

Kano
Sonya

Last edited:
So, Arq... are you going to take any part of that Liu Kang? (Like shoes)

Please take into consideration to study the eyes and maybe the lips of that model, any improvement is always welcome, right? :)

I couldn't resist.

kano2.jpg

Just wanted to get an idea of what he'd look like with the chrome. lol

Good work Mortal, and I dig Gojira the band, but I'm not sure if that's what your name is referring to.

Last edited: