Your wishlist for MK10

I think it would be cool if story mode had 2 different campaigns that play separately but tie in together and you unlock certain characters from each campaign as you go along. Maybe have 2-3 new characters from each campaign as well as some of the returning characters depending upon their importance in their story. Frost will be interesting I can't see her joining the lin kuei maybe she'll be rogue or start a new clan to prove she it the strongest. I hope sheeva gets killed off im sick of her kintaro should stomp her ass out and team with shinnok or quan chi and possess goro with magic and make him a boss again. Just a thought.

I think it would be cool if story mode had 2 different campaigns that play separately but tie in together and you unlock certain characters from each campaign as you go along. Maybe have 2-3 new characters from each campaign as well as some of the returning characters depending upon their importance in their story. Frost will be interesting I can't see her joining the lin kuei maybe she'll be rogue or start a new clan to prove she it the strongest. I hope sheeva gets killed off im sick of her kintaro should stomp her ass out and team with shinnok or quan chi and possess goro with magic and make him a boss again. Just a thought.

Frost is a cryomancer. She is in the Lin Kuei in the old timeline. They should put her in again but this time, have her be the only ice character playable in MK10. Then should get killed of and have Cyber Sub-Zero become human again for MK11. And yes, Sheeva, Baraka, and Skarlet should die too.

Also, I forgot to mention that the woman in Jade's ending should also be with the heroes.

Last edited:
Yes, as I mentioned above, Skarlet should be a cyborg. With no direction after Kahn's death, the tekunin grab her and turn her into a robot, making her join Sektor.
What would happen to her blood powers then, though? Why turn into her a cyborg before she can even be fleshed out as a character?

I think what she could do is ally with Havik and Forces of Chaos in an effort to revive Shao Kahn, kinda like Havik's ending considering Havik would be trying to restore Shao Kahn's rule over Outworld, and therefore restoring chaos in that realm. Skarlet, being desperate to get revenge for her master's demise, joins forces with them under the pretense of slaying Quan Chi (remember, she was instructed to monitor Quan Chi by Kahn during the tournament days).

I think it would be interesting if Havik intially allies with the Netherrealm due to the chaos that would ensue in the realms dark conquest (Havik is the cleric of chaos after all) only when shinnok's goal seems all the more likely he will switch sides and fight against shinnok since he wants to enslave all realms to his corrupted order (order is something that doesn't sit well with Havik and betraying the fallen god would possibly ensure more discord).

Well, I said that because Shang Tsung is dead. So imagine MK4-MKD without Shang Tsung. That's what I was thinking. It would work pretty well.

Anyways, I don't want Blaze back but if they have to bring him back I don't mind. Meat should never return though.

Heroes:
Raiden
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Fujin
Kai
Kenshi
Li Mei
Cyrax (Betrays the Lin Kuei)
Ermac (King Jerrod)
Sareena (Betrays Quan Chi)
Scorpion (Finds out that Quan Chi was responsible for his dark past.)
Nitara (Joins the heroes to save her ppl from Ashrah.)
Sheeva (Betrays evil for the future of the Shokan.)
Khameleon (Joins the heroes for the future of Zaterra.)
Bo Rai Cho
Liu Kang (Is still enraged at Raiden.)

Villains:
Tanya
Kano (Black Dragon)
Jarek (Black Dragon)
Tremor (Black Dragon)
Hsu Hao (Red Dragon)
Mavado (Red Dragon)
Daegon (Red Dragon)
Shinnok
Quan Chi
Skarlet (Becomes a cyborg and joins the Lin Kuei.)
Sektor (Lin Kuei)
Frost (Lin Kuei)
Noob Saibot (Lin Kuei)
Goro
Kintaro
Mileena
Baraka
Moloch
Drahmin
Rain
Ashrah (A demon that serves Shinnok. Kills the vampires with Datusha, her kriss.)
Havik
Hotaru
Darrius
Dairou
Kia
Jataaka
Reptile

Yes, as I mentioned above, Skarlet should be a cyborg. With no direction after Kahn's death, the tekunin grab her and turn her into a robot, making her join Sektor.

Can't Kuai-Liang Sub-Zero return?

What would happen to her blood powers then, though? Why turn into her a cyborg before she can even be fleshed out as a character?

I think what she could do is ally with Havik and Forces of Chaos in an effort to revive Shao Kahn, kinda like Havik's ending considering Havik would be trying to restore Shao Kahn's rule over Outworld, and therefore restoring chaos in that realm. Skarlet, being desperate to get revenge for her master's demise, joins forces with them under the pretense of slaying Quan Chi (remember, she was instructed to monitor Quan Chi by Kahn during the tournament days).

NRS can figure that part out. Or maybe your idea may work too. Whatever the case, I don't see her being a hero. After the end of MK10, Kuai Liang can be human Sub-Zero again.

The button to switch stances should be used for environment interaction. The stance switch should be used by another function such as "back, back" like in the classic 3D games as the character backs away for safety as well.

Frost is a cryomancer. She is in the Lin Kuei in the old timeline. They should put her in again but this time, have her be the only ice character playable in MK10. Then should get killed of and have Cyber Sub-Zero become human again for MK11. And yes, Sheeva, Baraka, and Skarlet should die too.

Also, I forgot to mention that the woman in Jade's ending should also be with the heroes.

I'm sorry, but there are certain characters I expect in EVERY MK game. Some people don't seem to understand that both Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the poster boys of MK like it or not. Sub-Zero has become my favorite character, and if he ain't there I ain't playing. I'm with Araknyd on this A Sub-Zero needs to be there even if it's that dick Bi-Han. I just won't pay attention to story anymore because it pretty much sucks now anyway. Frost is no replacement for Sub-Zero and never will be. She couldn't lick his boots.

I'm sorry, but there are certain characters I expect in EVERY MK game. Some people don't seem to understand that both Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the poster boys of MK like it or not. Sub-Zero has become my favorite character, and if he ain't there I ain't playing. I'm with Araknyd on this A Sub-Zero needs to be there even if it's that dick Bi-Han. I just won't pay attention to story anymore because it pretty much sucks now anyway. Frost is no replacement for Sub-Zero and never will be. She couldn't lick his boots.

I see how you feel. But based on what happened in MK9, that's a possibility. Not that I really want it to happen that way but just a possibility. To tell you the truth, I like SZ better than Frost because she looks hideous. But I can see NRS doing that. If they do make Frost the only ice character available in MK9, they should kill her off so SZ would return or SZ can possibly be made DLC because NRS knows many would pay for him. Infact, I hope Jade and Kitana would be DLC as well because I'd pay for them too.

We've gone through this Sub-Zero discussion time and time and time again, so I don't really want to say too much more because everything that could be said has already been said. However, I do have some commentary on this in particular...

I'm sorry, but there are certain characters I expect in EVERY MK game. Some people don't seem to understand that both Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the poster boys of MK like it or not.
So Sub-Zero and Scorpion should be treated differently because they're the most popular, yet other characters can disappear at whim for several games and come back with no problem?

That's a huge double standard, one that I don't agree with. Scorpion and Sub-Zero are more than just mascots, they're characters just like everyone else. Forcing them to be in every single game, when they don't have to, just because of fans or because "MK wouldn't be the same without them", does more harm than good, and is pretty much just appeasement if anything

I just want Liu Kang and Normal Sub-Zero to come back with an awesome story line.

I will be buying everything NRS is offering for IGAU to support them. I want my MK10!!!!!

We've gone through this Sub-Zero discussion time and time and time again, so I don't really want to say too much more because everything that could be said has already been said. However, I do have some commentary on this in particular...

So Sub-Zero and Scorpion should be treated differently because they're the most popular, yet other characters can disappear at whim for several games and come back with no problem?

That's a huge double standard, one that I don't agree with. Scorpion and Sub-Zero are more than just mascots, they're characters just like everyone else. Forcing them to be in every single game, when they don't have to, just because of fans or because "MK wouldn't be the same without them", does more harm than good, and is pretty much just appeasement if anything

We can just agree to disagree. Sub-Zero and Scorpion regardless of story should be in every MK game. As well as Raiden and Sonya for me at this point too. Those four are the head honchos when it comes to MK, I would damn near say Liu Kang as well. I'm just not sure he's absolutely needed like the other 4 possibly because when he died in DA it seemed to start a whole new era for MK to me by killing one character. That's neither here nor there now though.

Most fighting games have a core cast of characters who are in nearly every MK game. As much as I used to love story, I am of the assumption it now takes a back seat to gameplay because I just cannot forgive some of the mistakes made in the last games story and yes one of those is still cyber sub-zero. I would have much rather they just completely rebooted the story all together instead of this going back in time crap. Anyway, Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Sonya all hold important parts of MK history respectively. Raiden has pretty much became the main protagonist or storyteller for each game, Sonya the first and lead female of MK, and Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the mascots. Those four deserve a spot no matter what IMO. If I had to pick a core cast for each game those four are it.

The stance switch button should be replaced with using environmental attacks (weapons and background characters). The background characters can be the characters that died in MK9 while they are in Netherrealm. An example would be that the character kicks the opponent towards Sindel (in the background) and then Sindel grabs the enemy by her hair and tosses him back into the arena. To switch a stance, characters should just do "back, back" while backing up.

Forcing them to be in every single game, when they don't have to, just because of fans or because "MK wouldn't be the same without them", does more harm than good, and is pretty much just appeasement if anything

Not really.
Scorpion missing in MK3 did more damage to Midway's pockets because he was missing.
I agree 100% with Subz that Sub-Zero and Scorpion are irreplaceable.

Metal, I agree that they shouldn't be FORCED into MK10, but Sub-Zero somehow needs to come back in MK10 with a good explanation.
It's been explained various times how Bi-Han or Kuai-Liang could come back in MK10, but even if it's as an unlockable character in the Krypt, Sub-Zero needs to come back as a playable character in MK10.
I, personally, have gone through various explanations as to how human Sub-Zero comes back.
No Sub-Zero in MK10 = no pre-order from me.

I think the point Metal was making was more regarding their involvement in the story than their actual inclusion, assuming that only story characters = all the playable characters. In that scenario it would be detrimental if they are forced into the game and their roles gets made intentionally important just to appease fans. Story wise there is no reason why Scorpion and Sub Zero has to be given preference over the other characters.Are they famous? Sure. Are the relevant to the story after a particular point of time? No? Then chuck them out and just keep them as unlock able characters or something till some fans realise MK has evolved from more than the original 6. Besides Raiden and Liu Kang, none of the MK1 characters were central figures thoughout the series.....almost like the remainder of the MK cast from the subsequent games bar a few. I don't see why the original cast has to be given extra preference in this regard.

As far as MK10's story is concerned I would be fine if they don't explain much about Sub Zero. He was among those who died, if he has to comeback somehow so should everyone else and it would be nothing but Mk4 all over again. A better way to explain his return would be in an epilogue of some sort, after the main Mk10 story.

I think the point Metal was making was more regarding their involvement in the story than their actual inclusion, assuming that only story characters = all the playable characters.

Agreed, but my point was that dead story characters could very well = non-playable characters.
It's not like it hasn't happened before (Deadly Alliance).