Would anyone be interested in Duke Nukem as a guest character?

The Duke wouldn’t be my first choice, but he could be good Guest character. I would love to see Cassie using her Nut Kracker on his Balls of Steel.

However, the Duke isn’t a melee fighter like Kratos or Freddy and lacks to cool gimmicks of the Predator. He just using a large amount of cool guns to shoot aliens and occasionally throws a punch. It would be pretty hard to come up with a move list that fits the character.

Why do we need a roster filled with guest characters in a Mortal Kombat game? Jason & Predator shouldn't even be in the game, so be glad that they're even included. I'm still pissed that instead of deserving characters being DLC (Fujin, Sindel, etc.), we get two terribly generic & irrelevant horror movie characters.

At first I was confused how any man could dislike the Predator franchise. Then I remembered what you look like and it all made sense :laugh:

Predator is a generic movie character? :laugh:
Anyways, MKX isn't supposed to be a nostalgia game like MK9 was, so guests don't bother me as much in MKX.
I'm fine with their inclusion.

I'm actually more annoyed that Tanya and Tremor got in over Fujin.
Don't get me wrong, Tanya is a popular MK4 character and Tremor is a character that I've wanted to see in an MK game for a while, but.........

86822-not-like-this-gif-perfect-loop-pD6b.gif

Not over Fujin.

I'm actually more annoyed that Tremor got in over Fujin.
Don't get me wrong, Tanya is a popular MK4 character and deserves literally everything. I don't know why she wasn't on the main roster. She's the greatest of all time and I don't know what I was thinking even doubting her inclusion as DLC. She's so great.

Fixed.
I agree about Tremor though. I'll forever be pissed they made Fujin look so perfect and just disregarded him.

Though I don't care for Tremor, at least he's an MK character. I hate that guest characters are put in while MK characters are left out because of them. I felt the same with Freddy in MK9. The fact that Tanya was SO close to be in MK9, it made me angry that NRS put in Freddy over her. And now I kinda feel the same about Fujin, that Jason and Predator are put in instead of him.

I hate that guest characters are put in while MK characters are left out because of them.
They're not, though. There is a clear reason for implementing guest characters in a franchise like this, and they're not there instead of other MK characters. If Fujin was originally planned for MKX, he'll have lost out to Tanya or Tremor, not Jason or Predator.

They're not, though. There is a clear reason for implementing guest characters in a franchise like this, and they're not there instead of other MK characters. If Fujin was originally planned for MKX, he'll have lost out to Tanya or Tremor, not Jason or Predator.

I am aware that the guest characters are planned beforehand... My point is that the time and money they use on making guest characters could be used on making MK characters instead.

Why would Tanya and Fujin have been in MK9 anyway? I mean, I've heard that there are some references to Fujin in MK9, but it's not like either were needed - there were more than enough characters in that game - and MK9 covered the Trilogy era anyway. It's really no loss tbh.

MKX is another kettle of fish... Tanya and Fujin were both crucial to the storyline and looked great, and now it's looking like we'll have to pay extra for one and won't get the other. Criminal.

You think he should've been in MK9? I think his roster spot was needed but what would he have done in the story? He was never known until MK4, which is around this time, lol.

I don't think that he should have been in MK9.
I KNOW that he should have been in MK9.
The hacked early MK9 files show that Fujin should have been in MK9, but for some reason he was cut.

(0:46 mark)

If Tanya was cut for anyone, it was Skarlet, not Freddy. The Guest characters are a totally separate cash cow thing.

I don't like them, personally. Like I love the movie Predator, but Predator in Mortal Kombat? It's weird. The story is one of the reasons I like MK vs. other fighters, and they don't fit.

While I'm a big fan of Friday the 13th and I do like playing as Jason in MKX, I do wish we got someone else. I do feel like horror movie characters are going to be a thing for MK now. I do wish we got a video game character or comic book character as a guest. Is NRS worry that they have to go through the same bullshit of fatality treatments if they do a video game character like Geralt, Isaac Clarke, Dante or Ryu Hayabusa as guest? I'm cool with Predator given how Predator help inspire ideas in the MK universe like Sub-Zero's spine rip and the cyborgs.

As for Duke Nukem, as I said before that the idea feels way too late. If they did Duke instead of Freddy as DLC in MK9 then it would have worked. Seeing it been a few years since Duke Nukem Forever, no one gives a shit about the franchise now.

If Tanya was cut for anyone, it was Skarlet, not Freddy. The Guest characters are a totally separate cash cow thing.

I don't like them, personally. Like I love the movie Predator, but Predator in Mortal Kombat? It's weird. The story is one of the reasons I like MK vs. other fighters, and they don't fit.
And those characters are NOT canon to MK anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Freddy was created in MK9 since NRS felt bad for the 360 owners that didn't get a guest character. MS didn't approve things on time since it was too late for NRS to add Marcus from Gears of War as a guest. If it wasn't for MS then we could have Sweet Tooth and Flugore on the console versions of MKX.

I love the idea that Duke Nukem would be a bad guest character because Forever wasn't very good, and yet Jason is fine despite the fact that pretty much all of those movies were absolutely dire, and especially the newer ones. I mean shit, when was Jason ever culturally relevant? Has there even been a Jason film in the past ten years? :D

Incidentally, the next Duke game will probably be pretty good given that Gearbox will be developing it themselves from scratch. Forever (which isn't actually as bad as a lot of people claim, and I'm sceptical that everyone reviewing it has actually played it) was cobbled together over about fifteen years by various incarnations of 3D Realms, and then released by Gearbox because they were legally obliged to do so as part of buying the IP. So, whilst I'm not defending the state of Forever (a 6/10 shooter; there are far worse on the market, trust me) it was clearly aimed at hardcore fans rather than the casual crowd, and the next game in the series will undoubtedly be a hell of a lot better.

I also think Duke would have been a better choice than Jason, but I understand that's personal opinion.