What kind of TV you going to be playing MK on ?

I am time-traveling from the past -- specifically the year 2000 (in the year two-THOU-sannnnnnnnnnnddddddd!). We've just been blessed with Mortal Kombat: Special Forces for the Sony PlayStation. My friends and I were so disappointed that we built a time machine during the many hours that we were hoping to be gaming so that we could obtain the future's next best hope of another truly wonderful MK game (I got here April 8th). I am supposed to also bring back lottery numbers and other useful information, but I can't get a moment away from this YouTube/funny-cat-video-viewing activity many of you future humans partake in. On April 19th I am taking back what I can carry (Xbox 360, two controllers, component cable) to play this baby on a sweet 27" Panasonic with component video with friends. Anything I should tell the people of the year 2000? Wish me luck -- I'm a be soooo good at MK9 by the time you guys get it. Expect me to win tournaments in my sleep.

Last edited:
I'll mostly be playin on my 52" Sony Bravia LED tv with Sony surround sound....BUT a few times, I'm gonna take my system over to my dad's house, a few months ago he bought a Mitsubishi 82" 3D tv, just in time for the Super Bowl (it's the exact same one *Hyabusha* has)...so I can't wait to get over there and play it on that tv. I'm also friends with this rich guy, and he's got either a 110" or 120" projection screen (can't remember)...so I might try to sneak my way over there a couple times:)

Do you guys think a 37 inch full HD LCD TV is enough for a living room? The TV will be about 6 feet away from the sofa (this is for this July when I move out with my friend, we'll buy a new TV for MK).

Right now samsung un55c8000 but I get the new samsung un60d8000 in July can't wait too bad my old glasses won't work on the new tv though

Do you guys think a 37 inch full HD LCD TV is enough for a living room? The TV will be about 6 feet away from the sofa (this is for this July when I move out with my friend, we'll buy a new TV for MK).

I think you should go with a 42-50 LED or LCD

i'm getting the brand new VT30 55 Inch 3D Plasma by Panasonic. These are brand new and only came out last week. They won't even be in most retail channels until Mid May. I used to work for a Home Theater store/installation company and the owner just ordered mine right from the factory. It's being delivered this weekend and I can't wait!!!

http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/us2011/product/vt_plasma.html

Last edited:
52 Bravia & 46 Bravia. Both LCD (Edge lit LED is way too dim).
Hard to find LCDs without the bells and whistles that cause lag.
I can run Rock Band on these with 0 calibration. 0

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I will be playing on 3 TVs.

My main TV for movies is a new LG 47" LCD which is magnificent for films, but has input lag way too high for MK. I measured it (using Rockband Audio and Video Lag Calibration tool on my 360) at 90ms. This is 50 ms more than I would have dreamed of playing Quake 3 online on my pc, although that is network lag.

The other TVs are a 32 inch Goodmans LCD, which is quite old, but has zero input lag.

But the TV I will play this on the most is my LG 23" TV that I have a PS3 & PC on a computer desk, so I am very close to it. It has wonderful picture and very little/no input lag compared to the larger set.

All are connected via HDMI and are 1080p sets.

TVs now are getting worse for input lag - even quite pricey TVs, so beware.

Anyone thinking of buying a TV that will be used a lot for gaming should check out the AV Forums for real advice.

Alot of TV's now do have a GAME input/viewing mode though. It does reduce the picture quality but it certainly reduces the input lag drastically. Most LCD tv's in particuarly have this.

Alot of TV's now do have a GAME input/viewing mode though. It does reduce the picture quality but it certainly reduces the input lag drastically. Most LCD tv's in particuarly have this.

Yes, I have GAME mode on both my LG TVs. However - on the larger set it is still shocking. I wouldn't recomend the set to any gamer.