What is the future of music

All I know is that rap is dead. It died a pitiful death when Young Money reared its ugly head. Pop is the same "Believe in yourself" or "get drunk and do it again" type of bulls*it.

Even though I like Dubstep (themed only) all it really is is guttural twistings of regular music.
So I believe that music has reached its final form.

There are no more stones, trading it or rare candies.
No son, Music is at level 100 :cool:

Rap(Mainstream): Dead. Every song: Sex, Money, Drugs.

Rap(Underground): Not sure, Mainly listen to metal :D

Dubstep: I'm tired of Dub step now, It was cool at first until every Montage, Fragmovie and Model edit uses it. </3 Skrillex

Metal, Metalcore, Deathcore, Etc.: My favorite Genre as of now, it will never die 8)

we all knew techno was going to be mainstream, and we layed around with it until it became more than a silly little game

what have we done to ourselves????

There is no "Rap" Genre, Rap is a verb. Hip-hop is the genre. And no, hip-hop is not "dead", you are ignorant if you think so. There are plenty of good artists coming out with amazing albums/songs. Now if you have your head up your ass and only listen to the shit on the radio, well then, you're an idiot. Same goes with all music.

All types of music will keep living because SOMEONE out there will appreciate it.

I mean even on the rebecca black Friday song there were SOME likes on it. SOMEONE liked it.

I think Justin Beiber is trash quality in lyrics ect ect. But people like it.

A girl walked up to me one time to interrupt me while I was working just to let me know it was Justin Beibers B-day....

My ears love certain instruments more than others. I'm auto sold on piano/violin/guitar/electronica(when done a certain way) God forbid all 4 of these are in a song. I would need a change of pants.

They have done alot of things but there are some "mixed genres" I think they haven't explored enough.

Like operah Techno...?

Been done, but could be explored further lol.

This is one of those subjects where there could never be a real answer because people will always think their generation is great and the current one is shit. In 10 years, you youngins will complain about the music of that time and think now was great.

It's a vicious cycle.

Just to note, this doesn't go for everyone, as I love 70's and 80's music and think it is the best music ever made <3

Being a teen in the 90's, the music wasn't that bad, really, I just still prefer 70's and 80's.

Now, music is just horrific. Not as many artists sing songs with feeling because the songs are written by someone else so you don't feel the 'realness' of it, there is no connection, and a lot of technology is used to make the music sound the way it was. Back then, you had a bunch of dudes/chicks on stage playing with instruments and singing for real.

Even the image has changed. Back then, you could get a fat dude like Meatloaf to be a big star but now, wow, good luck thinking a random fat dude could be on Britney's level of fame. Not saying all artists/bands are made of hotness but a person/people who don't fit a certain mold wont ever be as popular as someone who is made to be 'perfect'.

Where ever we're going, it's not good. Maybe the shitty music will turn everyone into robots.

This is one of those subjects where there could never be a real answer because people will always think their generation is great and the current one is shit. In 10 years, you youngins will complain about the music of that time and think now was great.

It's a vicious cycle.

Just to note, this doesn't go for everyone, as I love 70's and 80's music and think it is the best music ever made <3

Being a teen in the 90's, the music wasn't that bad, really, I just still prefer 70's and 80's.

Now, music is just horrific. Not as many artists sing songs with feeling because the songs are written by someone else so you don't feel the 'realness' of it, there is no connection, and a lot of technology is used to make the music sound the way it was. Back then, you had a bunch of dudes/chicks on stage playing with instruments and singing for real.

Even the image has changed. Back then, you could get a fat dude like Meatloaf to be a big star but now, wow, good luck thinking a random fat dude could be on Britney's level of fame. Not saying all artists/bands are made of hotness but a person/people who don't fit a certain mold wont ever be as popular as someone who is made to be 'perfect'.

Heh, I hate, or severely dislike, most all aspects of my generation.

The future of music?
Depends on your outlook and hope on the matter.
I like indie music, and underground hiphop.
My personal favorite stuff comes from 1994-2004.
However, the current trend in music is the bubblegum pop scene.
Catchy beats, vapid lyrics.. and they are usually in a easy to remember structure.
It's not so much music anymore.. as it is catchy noise to hypnotize people (sometimes directly targeted at the youth) into buying new technology, having sex, and getting wasted.
Do I like the current music scene? Oh hell goddamn no, music doesn't even make that much money anymore.
You used to buy the records and go to concerts.. now you download a new song.
"Pumped up kicks" by Foster The People gives me a little hope that a song with decent lyrics, a good sounding voice from the lead singer, and instrumental work can make it on the radio and people will like it. Don't be surprised if we keep hearing love songs with a catchy techno beat for the next 10 years, however. It's up to you find the music you want to listen to, though.

This decade of music will be remembered for Lady GaGa, Lil Wayne, Katy Perry & Justin Bieber.
Now that's just sad...

It's a vicious cycle.

This <3

Of course, I like music from the 70's, 80's, and 90's... every now and then, two or three music groups will catch my attention and hold it for long enough for me to love it... say for example Coldplay, Katy Perry (yes yes I know), and Carrie Underwood.

But for me nothing will ever hold a candle to Aerosmith, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Better Than Ezra, Live, Madonna, or Michael Jackson.